For Jeff, please consider 7v7

And what makes you think 7v7 is better? more visual clutter and even more damage to delete tanks seem like a good thing to u?

They already answered that: theyā€™d buff tanks and rework dps.

Which means the game would be called ā€œovertimeā€.

Iā€™d be more willing to solo tank and get buffs to be a raid boss than having to play against triple dps comps as a tank. Imagine playing against Doom, Sombra and Mei in the same composition? hell no.

same here. Iā€™m heavily encouraging 1-2-2. Iā€™ve been saying for quite some time that I preferred the 1-3-2 model, but 1-2-2 model feels even better to me when I think about it.

This has been my dream since RQ was implemented :+1:

One look at the class split of the roster makes this a no brainer imo - dps needs to outnumber tank/support to reflect this.

Those heavily into the e-sports aspect of the game prefer lower player counts though which is the common argument when this is brought up :man_shrugging:.

Another thing people say when this is brought up is that the OW1 maps are designed for 6v6 and adding 2 more players will affect the map flow, and if OW2 is utilizing the maps from both games that could be an issue.

Have also heard folks say the OW1 engine is incapable of 7v7 which I personally find to be a laughable excuse as someone working in tech.

Please. Itā€™s by far the best solution for everyone.

5v5 would come not only to the horrible cost of Tank synergy and fewer interactions, but a smaller team size means fewer potential kills and fights. Itā€™s already been tried in the community before and certainly for me, that is not a version Overwatch I ever want to play.

Agreed, even if itā€™s not a mode, would still be great as a fun option in custom games.

Tanks would get buffed to deal with the more incoming damage. Just like with the 1-3-2 experiment just on a smaller scale and without braking tank synergy and without trying to shoehorn reworks on to heroes to fulfill a job they never were meant to fulfill.

I said it in my entry post.

5v5 would suck, because you brake tank synergy and you could easily end up in a situation where there is that 1 tank which is clearly the best at all situations, which could mean a balancing nightmare.

Especially if you rework them all into being brawlers and they are all just mainly focused on offense. The one who get picks the easiest way will be picked all the time.

Not to mention any one player being dead weight or even having a leaver is way more detrimental in a 5v5 vs a 7v7. Because you lose 1/5 of your team instead of just 1/7.

That it adds more visual clutter is certainly a concern, but not something you couldnt work around. Making effects less flashy and more transparent with options for opacity sliders would make it more pleasing for the eye. Its a small price to pay for the benefits you would get out of it.

Also another thing which doesnt hold true from a math perspective. Having to deal with 2 dps you hate alone is worse than dealing with 3 dps you hate with 2 tanks available, while sharing the responsibility.

Tank synergy is why we have 2 ā€œmost playedā€ tanks, because they cover eachother weaknesses. 1 tank cannot avoid being countered by another tank. And thereā€™s not 1 tank that beats every other tank

You keep not wanting to understand that damage negating is why in reality losing one tank in 7v7 would be like losing 30-40% of your team effectively

Currently we have a situation where the 2 most played tanks change as you progress through the ranks.

Tanks gets reworked into brawlers. They will tone down damage negating in favor of doing damage and getting picks.

I feel like 7v7 might be too chaotic. But I do hope that they make it technically possible so we can try it out and see how it would be regardless of what I feel :slight_smile:

1 Like

The game is being dumbed down from chess to checker to satisfy and draw the pew-pew-pew crowd with the move to 5v5. A 2-3-2 setup to me is best, but people like simple. Removal of 2CP, going to 5v5 making the game a ā€œkill da tankā€ game, its all just going down to feed the death match player types. Donā€™t make me think, let me express my twitch speed. Hot take: it still wonā€™t save OWL, Blizzard. Quite honestly I would take OQ over a forced 5v5 format any day.

1 Like

I think we should try 6- - , 6 dps. That way the balance is perfect like everyone has always wanted.

You mean like old quickplay before 2-2-2 was a thing?

1 Like

Yeah but with no roadhog.

2 Likes

If it becomes possible, I think at least an Experimental dedicated to it would be cool.

1 Like

7v7, aka special effect everywhere the game

Why stop there? Why not 8v8 or 20v20!!??

TF2 flashbacks

Yes

:fire::lips::fire:

2 Likes

uhhh no
sorry but no
as a tank player I know your trying to not break tank synnergy but the only way I would be somewhat fine with this is if all Damage heroes had major dps nerfs
because in theory that is 50% more damage
armor cannot withstand 50% more damage and almost 1/2 the tank roster doesnā€™t even have armor
if you wanted to do this cut down damage from every dps by allot
expecially: Hanzo, Tracer, Mcree, Echo, Ashe
I would throw doom into this aswell but in my opinion he should be reworked into a tank expecially if your going with that brawler thing