For Jeff, please consider 7v7

You said its not possible for technical reasons. However with OW2 you got the opportunity to optimize for a higher player count.

Having a 2-3-2 format with triple dps would not only improve queue times, you wouldnt have to brake tank synergy and you would have more space to buff tanks into feeling OP because they need to absorb more incoming damage. Would also improve meta variety as there is now more space for a more unconvential option.

5v5 would suck, because you brake tank synergy and you could easily end up in a situation where there is that 1 tank which is clearly the best at all situations, which could mean a balancing nightmare.

Especially if you rework them all into being brawlers and they are all just mainly focused on offense. The one who get picks the easiest way will be picked all the time.

24 Likes

I’m still a huge fan of 12v12 tho

25 Likes

That would be insanely stressful to play and basically unwatchable in proplay. Everything would feel random because you cant keep track of eveyrone.

2 Likes

This is a lie
Don’t you see how huge of an opportunity 2-8-2 is?
Back to 2016 wow

4 Likes

Come on. xD
Maybe a cool arcade mode.

5 Likes

They can’t the engine in OW 2 is just the same with extensions apparently.

We dont know in which regards its upgraded. They still have the time to work on it, especially since they havent given us any release date.

Tell you what - good luck on 2-3-2.

Not sure if you support the idea now or not.

I can’t imagine King’s Row with 14 people playing on it.

Agree 7x7 with a 2/3/2 split would be very interesting. Would be worth trying out in Arcade / Experimental at least.

1 Like

Not an insane thought when its up from 12.

11v11 will be possible in the workshop after PTR goes live…

one team will be all bots tho…

1 Like

:eyes:

Do you have PTR overwatch?

1 Like

Yes

I will be on in 20 mins. I will invite you then :wink:

Then you throw Echo duplicating Ashe and BOB into the picture and it’d be a visual stressful mess :rofl:

If people are nor willing to play tank in 222, they will keep not playing it in 232.

Tank queue will continue to be the shortest because of gameplay reasons.

1 Like

I actually do strongly, but I think if there were any chance of it we would have gotten a hint with Blizzconline, but there is none. I think its the single best answer for many issues including DPS queue times with a role structure. I just think its telling that the OW team was so … lazy? That they didn’t see the wisdom in an entirely new engine to support it, with reworks to the maps and so on.