First new hero in EIGHT MONTHS and she's already banned for a week?!?

Looks like winning it’s only reason you playing overwatch. In my opinion arcade game modes can be rly different of usual overwatch gameplay and sometimes it can be fun.

1 Like

She’s banned from comp already? And hit with a nerfbat? Where are you guys seeing this stuff because I’m not finding patch notes on this

I posted a quote from Jeff to answer your question. Which makes sense. No mercy.

I love hero pools. At least I get to choose which week I’ll play. The week without Rein was amazing.

1 Like

Link, please.

It’s literally in this thread. Under your post.

1 Like

She got banned probably because its based off pick rates which in turn means more chances in “the lottery” to be picked for banning. The system is working as intended though I think she should have been out of Comp for at least two weeks. Her presence throws off the season.

The only problem I see is that she was available for Ranked in the first place. Or released in the state she is in, for that matter.

1 Like

He did not say what you’re claiming he said.

This was a thread about Echo. And the question was about Echo. What else was he supposed to mean?

Not to mention you asked it.

1 Like

Jeff dont care anymore. He’s sick of the complaining and wining and you can tell.

He’s laying down the law to try and put some order in this game… Might be too late doe

Of the Damage heroes eligible for hero bans this week, she had the lowest pick rate percentage.

The only thing throwing off this season of Competitive is hero bans.

Her availability in Competitive is not a problem because there was precedent set by Sigma.

As for the state she’s in, she was nerfed twice on PTR before release. She’s extremely squishy and easily countered by hitscan. She’s fine as is.

I dont see any nerfs here. Second, those are high comp ranked player stats, while the bans are based on playrates across comp overall

Overtuned heroes will get banned repeatedly until they are nerfed to a more reasonable position. Deal with it i’m afraid.

She’s still pretty op. I see Echo players dominating matches all the time, and I’ve dominated some myself. Hitscan can be played around.

I think it’s only going to get worse, too. Echo is a fiddly, hard to play hero. When people learn how to really play her, she’ll be unstoppable.

Its still a lottery though… all she needed was one draw in the bowl… bans are working as intended, a semi-random system.

She should not have been in the running in the first place.

Bad enough Blizzard made us wait eight months for another hero only for them to allow her to be in the running to be banned a mere week after she was added?

Talk about a slap in the face for the players!

I would argue she shouldn’t even have been part of this season’s comp play, the number of people literally learning Echo in Comp vs. even QP is astounding.

Am I the only one confused? In game comp bans are still rein widow cree and brig. So what are people talking about…

Blizzard set the precedent of new heroes going straight into Competitive with Sigma.

Also, as I noted previously, it’s been eight months since we had a new hero. Eight months! There should’ve been another hero between Sigma and Echo. There wasn’t, so we had to wait a ridiculously long time for this hero.

She absolutely needed to be available in Competitive immediately upon release.

She absolutely didn’t need to be banned a week later, though!