First new hero in EIGHT MONTHS and she's already banned for a week?!?

I would argue she shouldn’t even have been part of this season’s comp play, the number of people literally learning Echo in Comp vs. even QP is astounding.

Am I the only one confused? In game comp bans are still rein widow cree and brig. So what are people talking about…

Blizzard set the precedent of new heroes going straight into Competitive with Sigma.

Also, as I noted previously, it’s been eight months since we had a new hero. Eight months! There should’ve been another hero between Sigma and Echo. There wasn’t, so we had to wait a ridiculously long time for this hero.

She absolutely needed to be available in Competitive immediately upon release.

She absolutely didn’t need to be banned a week later, though!

So those are even the picks for in game comp too? I’m honestly fine with that. Echo is quite broken. Tracer has been meta since the season started. Orisa is meh. And moira is just busted. So all of them make sense to happen. I’m just glad rein zarya is coming back… Because two weeks without it has been complete hell for overwatch.

Yes. Since last week hero bans are the same for ranked ladder as they are for Overwatch League.

She absolutely isn’t.

thats your problem, not the devs or ours

Hero bans are everybody’s problem.

It’s a problem for the players because they’re reducing match quality and increasing queue times.

It’s a problem for the devs because match quality is being reduced, queue times are up, and players are not playing for week(s) on end or leaving the game entirely.

Ummm what? Sticky bomb in her hyper beam is literally busted. Especially since… You don’t need to even land EVERY sticky bomb. You just need to land enough to get them to half. Even then her beam is just broken in general. It does 200 DPS… 200, when the enemy is below half. The enemy just has no time to do anything about it. Her ult if you copy the right person is ridiculous. Her primary fire, although lacking range, does do a lot of dmg. There’s a reason why she probably has a damn near 100% pick rate I would say. I haven’t been in a game without an echo yet.

its not my problem, because I dont care

Sigma only wasn’t banned because it was the role queue beta season. At least, that’s what everyone assumed at the time, and it probably should’ve been the case.

If Echo is banned from comp, it’s because she was one of of the most picked DPS. She’s in comp, so she’s not exempt from the pools.

Your apathy only exacerbates the problem.

It was still a Competitive season, played via the Competitive card.

The case is whatever Blizzard decide it will be, and obviously they’ve decided new heroes are available immediately in Competitive since this is 2 in a row now.

Of all the eligible Damage heroes for this week’s hero bans, she had the least pick rate percentage.

My point is she should have been exempt given a) we had to wait 8 long months for her release and b) she’s only been available in game for a week.

It’s a massive slap in the face from Blizzard to say here’s the new hero you’ve waited eight months for but you only get to play her for a week before she’s banned for a week.

Its very simple. Some players did not play this week because of echo. Now you dont play for a week if you cant accept she is banned~

It’s funny how you skipped past what I said when I brought up facts about Echo. There’s a reason she’s banned. Please just get over it. You played the game since you joined and til she was introduced without her. You can continue to do that…

Proof, please, otherwise it’s not as simple as you claim.

New hero doesn’t usually go straight into competitive, and they made an exception for Echo, why are you complaining???

I for one didnt~ i dont think she should have been added straight into comp. People will start trying her out in a gamemode that is meant to be competitive

Still need to land them and then hope that the person you stuck doesn’t get healed.

She still has to hit with the beam, and the enemy has plenty of time to get behind a shield or cover, get bubbled or healed.

That’s still a big if, especially in the heat of battle. And it’s far from ridiculous. You first have to copy an enemy player, then build ult charge, then use the ult all before you get knocked out of Duplicate.

Regardless of what hero she copies, she’s very easily taken out of Duplicate before an ult can even be charged up if she gets focus fired or CC’d.

So does Soldier. So does Reaper. So does Junkrat. So does Roadhog. The list goes on.

She does not.

I’ve been in plenty where there hasn’t been one on the enemy team.

They did not make an exception for Echo.

Sigma was made available in Competitive immediately upon release so there was precedent set.

ah the ol’ aiming is hard thing…yea no it really isnt

Ah, so you have 100% accuracy then, do you?

No, of course you don’t, so pipe down.

She’s the most picked DPS across every rank.

Bro, she’s still available to play if you want to play her lmao. Just not in competitive. I have zero sympathy for this. This week, it’s Echo or competitive, and that’s the way it would’ve been for any other hero release anyway, Sigma being the one outlier.