First new hero in EIGHT MONTHS and she's already banned for a week?!?

As expected, but that doesn’t make it any less ridiculous.

The first new hero in EIGHT DAMN MONTHS and she only lasts a week in game before she’s banned for a week.

And with Orisa banned as well that means I’m playing Support only next week now that Brig’s unbanned. That’s even if I play at all.

I’ve been having the most fun playing Echo this week. More fun than I can remember having in a long, long time in Overwatch. And now the shiny new toy is being taken away for a week.

Why even bother releasing her if you’re just going to take her away for a week so soon after she’s released?

This is pathetic, Blizzard. You are killing your own game with these pointless hero bans.

18 Likes

Quick Play

20 characters

40 Likes

No.

I play Competitive only.

5 Likes

She should have been banned in comp for two weeks anyway.

99 Likes

No, she shouldn’t.

As I noted, she’s the first new her in 8 months. Eight months! She absolutely needed to be made available in Competitive upon release.

Besides, precedent was set with Sigma as he was made available in Comp upon release.

9 Likes

Hey, you’re lucky she was available in comp at all last week. Would’ve been banned last week too if things were normal!

Also, it’s only for comp! So quit yer whinging!

32 Likes

Things are normal. Heroes have been made available in Competitive immediately upon release since Sigma.

I only play Competitive, so no, I will not stop complaining about these stupid, frustrating, pointless hero bans.

2 Likes

Considering Sigma was the hero before Echo, that doesn’t mean much :smile:

That’s 9 out of 11 new heroes that were “banned” from competitive for multiple weeks after their release.

Edit: Apparently Ana was available straight away too, so that’s 8 out of 11.

15 Likes

You mean, the only other hero that got straight to comp? (and who got hammered by nerfbat after they outcry how imbalanced he was)

6 Likes

Didn’t we find out how bad of an idea it was with Sigma?

8 Likes

Sigma came out around role lock time though, so a lot of people (myself included) thought he was the exception. Apparently he’s the rule.

That was because Role Queue Beta came out the same time (which technically wasn’t a competitive season) and last over two weeks.

5 Likes

It does. It means precedent was set.

And technically there should’ve been 1 other new hero inbetween Sigma and Echo.

Yep, and? Precedent was set with Sigma.

She shouldn’t have been released for comp in the first place.

8 Likes

It was on the Competitive card. It was a Competitive season.

Sigma was the only hero before Echo to not be banned from comp for at least two weeks, and he launched with Role Queue so it wasn’t too surprising since people were getting used to new things anyways.

As for calling it pointless to ban new heroes for a period, it is for some dolts like you who only play competitive, even if you’re still learning something. That’s beyond a selfish attitude, into the “moronic strategy” territory for your SR, not to mention your teammates’

1 Like

As I noted above yes, she should because she was the first new hero in 8 months and precedent was set with Sigma.

Sigma wasn’t banned for two weeks either and back then they let us know that they weren’t going to do the 2 week ban thing in the future.

Yeah, well, it’s a terrible idea and they should.

1 Like

I don’t really think the 2 week ban did anything. It’s better to put them out immediately to get stats from competitive to adjust heroes accordingly.

3 Likes