ExC Patch Notes

Overwatch Experimental Patch Notes – March 27, 2021

A new patch is now live on Windows PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

EXPERIMENTAL HERO UPDATES

The next experiment begins! This time we’re hoping to get your feedback on some balance changes. We’re using the 2-2-2 Role Queue ruleset so that you can get a feel for how these balance changes might affect the live game.

HERO UPDATES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)

Baptiste

Exo-Boots

• Charge time increased from 0.7 to 1 second

Developer Comments: Though it felt better to use, the previous reduction to the Exo Boots charge time resulted in Baptiste becoming much more evasive against some heroes. Since he already has strong defensive ability options in Regenerative Burst and Immortality Field, we’re reverting how quickly he can charge the Exo Boots jump.

McCree

• Peacekeeper
    • Reload time increased from 1.2 to 1.5 seconds
  • Combat Roll
    • Distance reduced by 20%

Developer Comments: Much of McCree’s recent success can be attributed to his increased maximum health and we think that aspect is working well to help solidify a close-to-mid-range role for him. We’re reverting the Combat Roll distance and Peacekeeper reload times as they lead to longer distance Flashbang initiations and made the burst damage from ‘Fan the Hammer’ less of a costly investment.

Moira

• Biotic Grasp
    • Resource regeneration is now three times higher while channeling Coalescence

Developer Comments: Many channeled ultimate abilities automatically reload the heroes weapon as they’re locked out from reloading for a short time. The new regeneration rate will refill about half of Moira’s Biotic energy resource over the full duration of Coalescence. This doesn’t fully refill Moira’s energy from empty as it would be unfortunate to lose that portion of her gameplay if players were able to fully cycle between ultimates with healing alone.

Reaper

• The Reaping
    • Life Steal amount increased from 30% to 35%

Developer Comments: This adjustment brings Reaper’s self-healing with his Hellfire Shotguns back to about where it was before the recent weapon tuning changes.

Zarya

• Particle Cannon
    • (Primary Fire) Beam damage now scales from 75-170 damage-per-second, down from 95-170

Developer Comments: Zarya’s base damage wasn’t adjusted after the beam hit detection changes awhile back but she wasn’t seeing much use at the time either. Now that she has a more dominant presence in a variety of team compositions, we’re looking at reducing her beams average damage, though the same maximum damage is still achievable.

This Experimental mode is anticipated to be available until the morning (PDT) of Monday, May 31, 2021.

10 Likes

All good changes, good work Blizzard.

9 Likes

OMG A ZARYA NERF I AM TRULY BLESSED. Seriously. As the resident Zarya hater of the forums I am just in bliss.

16 Likes

I am stunned, is that real?

6 Likes

Why are they nerfing zarya and not dva

4 Likes

What a joke of a nerf.

What a joke.

Nerf his flashbang radius.

There’s so many things wrong with this patch note. Including the date.

30 Likes

32 Likes

They usually have at least one change that doesn’t go through. Sorry Nox…

1 Like

It appears to be…
Wow.

2 Likes

CELEBRATIONS! Rejoice everybody!

2 Likes

All good changes imo. Not sure about zarya, but that’s about it. Glad they didn’t delete cree, and gave him reasonable nerfs.

12 Likes

That zarya one though. Ouch.

5 Likes

I think the Moira change will not effect her that much.

The McCree nerf is perfect.

2 Likes

Poggers patch notes.

But March 27th threw me for a loop :laughing:

3 Likes

i mean, they didn’t even nerf the issues which were flashbang radius or HP. those change absolutely nothing lol.

9 Likes

When is they going to learn to stop touching reaper life steal. There’s other ways to buff him without being oppressive to the average skill ranks.

What a useless change lmao, as if adding 0.3s to reload going to make him no longer the top dps hero by a long shot all of a sudden.

8 Likes

Will people stop crying about McCree now? Of coarse not they wanted to cripple him.
I wonder who the next witch hunt dps will be.

14 Likes

Not to mention Baptiste’s exo boots were like, the least offensive part of his kit that made him OP.

Even pro players and GM and…well, many people from every rank, pointed out it was his AoE heal. Not his exo boots…

They’re just so disconnected from the community. And calendars, apparently. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes