ExC Patch Notes

I thought it was fake while reading it because of March. And then the comments were like, the health is why McCree is good, so we are nerfing other things, lul.

6 Likes

Exactly. I saw very little complaints about his roll distance and reload times.

2 Likes

Ashe was nerfed multiple times and in stages. Mccrees nerfs while minor are an admission that he’s overpowered and is the most difficult stage in the process.

If he needs more nerfs, he’ll get more.

2 Likes

It will depend on which hero will be the top dps and if it is still Mccree then I see more threads asking for nerfs.

Zarya’s beam is still a lot better than Sym’s beam.

1 Like

I’m pretty relieved that the developers went with nerfing Mccree’s roll and reload speed back down over reverting his HP buff. He really didn’t need either of those with the extra points.

The Moira buff sounds pretty great too.

7 Likes

I feel it helps possibly more than we think. Some teams can have really hard time pushing forwards giving Moira space to suck people. This starts to drain her resource meter despite all of her best efforts to say rely upon alt healer. Using all healing orbs. Puffing more often than full healing. Many times having to rely upon ultimate to fill the gaps when resource is drained and orb is on cooldown.

Now, with the -2 sec orb cooldown and this regeneration Moira in essence is much more reliably in more situations to keep a constant amount of healing going. It still doesn’t solver her identity crisis of why to run Moira in the first place other than just an easy to use hero that can more resilient to being attacked.

Why is it wrong to be the top dps?
To play this game you need 2 dps heroes in your game (role lock modes), So you are forced to pick 2 dps heroes. There will always be the most picked.
So are people are always going to complain at whatever is the most picked?
What is the goal here, do people not want any dps to be picked at all, since when they are picked they are complained about?

1 Like

Well this is still a buff, but I thought they may adjust other parts of her kit like a lower consumption rate for heals.

that moira change sounds useless as hell LMAO

7 Likes

All top heroes of all roles are complained about since the beginning. It is just the nature of human beings who want variety.

The goal is to have as flat of a pick rate as possible in this game. You want to squash the most picked hero and raise the least picked to try to get to as even a distribution as possible.

I agree its impossible to hit a perfect even pickrate for every character, but flattening the gap between most picked and least picked is certainly always the preference.

Most people are less war weary in a game when variety is kept at its highest. Staleness ruins interest.

2 Likes

But this wasn’t the problem…

5 Likes

Overall I think the changes are good. I’m glad they decided to adjust McCree’s offense (reload) and engagement (roll distance) instead of his health. Not the ones I would have chosen, but glad that they didn’t go for his health. (I would have gone with FB radius and maybe short cooldown on FtH).

The nerf to me shows that they at least heard that a good portion of the community was complaining about him, but also shows that they don’t intend on gutting him like many want. Guess we will see what happens.

I’m agnostic with the baptiste changes. 1 second seems like it would feel long, but I also recognize that people have been complaining a lot about him too. I’m not sure his jump is what I would have looked at, but I also haven’t played him a lot lately. So I will give this direction the benefit of the doubt.

I’ll be honest and say I don’t like the Zarya nerf, but I suppose if people are good at maintaining energy it shouldn’t be too big a deal.

I’m excited to test out the Moira change to see how it feels. Running out of resource feels pretty bad, so anything that helps in that regard is welcome. Though I also don’t really think completely refilling the resource during the ultimate would be too powerful. Maybe I’m wrong.

1 Like

That’s like going to a restaurant and asking the cooks to make their most popular dishes bad by burning the food and making it taste bad to let the unpopular dishes be ordered by customers instead.

Ridiculous nonsense.

1 Like

The one day I decide to take a break from overwatch

hey at least Mccree gets a nerf (Although its not the right ones)

3 Likes

Srsly, feels like they “got the game where they want it” for OWL, and are just nibbling around the edges of the issues.

Treating some minor symptoms, but no systematic root cause changes.

3 Likes

the baptise and mccree nerfs sound so dumb…? nobody was complaining about exo boots ever

4 Likes

What can I say, I am sure you have seen threads complaining against any meta hero and sometime even not meta heroes.

Mccree’s changes are a joke.

2 Likes