Endorsement Level went down

Yea, I was just in a game and I got noted with “Your endorsement level went from 3 to 2”

Literally just got to level 3 and one game later, it went to 2.

Happened to myself as well. Rather upset. I really liked endorsement…

1 Like

13 days later and still no answer from BLIZZ.
Is anyone not surprised about this.
Maybe we need a top 500 or OWL player to ask the same question, then we might get an answer, because us low life ranks are getting no where on this topic.

1 Like

I think I figured out whats going on here. If I’m understanding this right, endorsement levels decay, based on how many endorsements per game you get, which is why I’ve never lost a level during an arcade game. If this is true, it completely invalidates the entire system. It requires you to receive a certain amount of endorsements per game, which means a couple different things.
1: If you get into a lobby where people don’t feel like endorsing for the menial reward, youre screwed
2: If you chain games, you’re losing out on a ton of endorsements, as you’re likely going to be queued with the same people for a while
3: You’re not allowed to play with friends, since they cant endorse you
4: You’re not allowed to practice new heroes, as you’ll likely do poorly and forfeit your good teammate endorsements
All that being said, there is no possible way its all true, as that would completely destroy the game. These are simply the things I’ve seen happen as a result of the endorsement system.

3 Likes

Big shocker. They still have yet to fix matchmaking screwups when they penalize you for leaving a crappy losing game. So, no responsibility on B to make meaningful matchups, but penalize players for leaving crappy matchups.

No posted rules on how endorsements work. Awesome.

Totally focused on their league play with no concern for the casual player. But, hey, at least they get commercials to play on their league play, why bother with people like us?

5 Likes

oh my… i thought im the only one think that my level decreased because of report… after i got level 3 again n play some matches (quick play n winning with positive conversation/pure silent) my level got decrease again to 2 (like 5-6 games after level 3)… pls blizzard give us some clue…

Same thing happened to me. In a comp game someone left, I waited the time it told me to before I could leave, I left then the next game it lowered me from 2-1

1 Like

Leveled to 3 yesterday got lots of endorsements today and it randomly drops to level 2. I have had nothing but good matches and as far as i know no reports on me.

Just happened here. Our game glitched out, reinstanced, booted my teammate all the way out of the game but I stayed, and then I got a message that I degraded from 4 to 3. I don’t yell or scream at people nor do I engage in toxic behavior and I have been getting consistent endorsements each match save for one earlier this afternoon. It’s very frustrating to say the least.

Mine just leveled down too!!! WTF!!! Ive been getting good endorsements all day and i noticed it dropped!!

Same here, game was won, even had gold elim/damage as a Mei (sure it’s possible)
2 endorsement as good teammate, then this…

imgurDOTcom/a/eFmpHuf

We need to know how this system works guys, please help us to understand, it’s frustrating :expressionless:

2 Likes

Yeah had the same thing happen to me. 3 - 2 level. I really don’t mind decay as long as it isn’t where you have to constantly play to keep it up. It’s kinda impossible to do that if you have a job and real life obligations.

1 Like

Had my endorsement drop after half the enemy team left during the starting countdown. Like??? What the hell?? I consistently get endorsed and have had no problems.

This post explains it all your welcome.

TLDR

Its amount of games played not time for decay, if you play with friends and are not receiving more endorsements you will always be stuck around 2-3 level.

Individual reports made by other players also cause your endorsement level to decrease without a GM or blizz oversight, and since we have no idea who is reporting us on either team at any time you may just be getting report spammed causing you to lose levels.

The same thing has happened to me about 4 or 5 times now ! I’ve only been able to be level 4 endorsement for about a day or two, and then just upon logging in without any warning or reason I’m back down to level 3.
INCREDIBLY frustrating. I hope the devs answer to this soon !! Seriously.

I have a similar issue; I’ve been tracking my endorsements and they’ve been cut in half from 150 to 71 for seemingly no reason. Games have been good and I use lfg for ranked which cuts down the toxicity. Why would my endorsements have been cut so drastically?

Same problem here.
Today i reached for the 3rd time lv.3 after being dropped to lv.2 because of my connection (can’t really agree but… it’s ok :face_with_raised_eyebrow:).
But this time i dropped again to lv.2 without being banned or kicked for inactivity, without leaving a qp or comp match. I was having nice matches and no reasons to be reported, i’m personally a friendly guy who loves to help the team without ranting for every mistake, i’m not toxic…in this case i would have accepted my penalty but this is not the case.
So i’m just curious about what actually happened to me and the other players i see here…
The endorsement system is one of the best features ever added to the game but needs to be fixed imho.

P.s these are my stats:

Shotcaller: 54
Good teammate: 161
Good sportsmanship: 92
Total: 307

So 300+ endorsements and still level 2 (that sounds weird :sweat_smile:).

how are you tracking your endorsements? :open_mouth:

There’s an online website called owedv