Endorsement Level went down

Same issue here. Been having good games, lots of endorsements, got to lvl 3 with no issue, but then suddenly dropped to lvl 2. Haven’t been toxic in any games or anything either.

I was having a lot of fun gaining endorsement levels by just being a good teammate (never asking for them), but this just sucks. =(

2 Likes

Hi.
So now I am back to level 4 from 3, but this time it took me few games to get back, definitely this system has some penalties or a timer when level starts to drop down.

1 Like

Mine did too. I was at level 2 at about 3 pm and when I logged on at 9pm again, I had dropped to level 1 for no reason. Haven’t been banned or suspended. Blizzard, please help!

1 Like

Same, I was 3, getting close to 4, suddenly I got knocked down to 2. Received endorsements in the match just before.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me a hour ago.

My endorsement level went from 3 to 2 without any reason what so ever because:

• I got endorsements each game for the last 3 days
  • I gave endorsements each time to my team or to the other team
  • the previous game (before the downgrade) I even got 4 endorsements (I was Mercy)
  • the downgrade message showed up while I was in the heat of the battle - strange
  • I am always respectful so it’s not that
  • I’ve never been toxic in any way for as long as i can remember
  • I’ve played a few games after the downgrade where i also received endorsements hoping that the level will go back at 3 but it never happened.

Bottom line

• If this is how the system works, well, I will not care for it anymore or use it ever again
  • I can’t actually open a ticket for this issue so I can have my rank back so that’s very annoying to me
  • the lack an official information is upsetting for me
  • I don’t think someone from Blizz will have a look at each one who posted here and gave us back our ranks :frowning:
2 Likes

Ya the same thing happened to me just now… I got to 3 and was practicing Doomfist in QP but was doing pretty well; had no animosity or anything toward anyone and kept getting endorsed. Unless some group of people decided to all report me for simply being Doomfist (which doesn’t make sense to me and I thought that was against reporting) I don’t get why I just got a notice I went down to 2. I just played another game and got at least 5 endorsements lol. This makes no sense.

1 Like

I just spent the time getting from 2 to 3 again after this happened once, and it just happened again. I’m done playing until this gets fixed, however long that may be.

3 Likes

For people saying they’re meaningless, yeah no they’re not. It’s been stated that higher endorsement levels will get rewards like extra loot boxes and cheaper prices on skins costing credits once Blizzard enacts those rewards, and Blizzard is still giving us no answers.

On top of that, I’ve seen comments saying that Blizzard has said that decay is match based (based on the number of endorsements you get per match you play and not over time), but I’ve also seen people saying that they have lost endorsement levels after playing their arcade matches for boxes since you cannot endorse for that.

I want to do my weekly arcade matches when it resets but since my current endorsement level is so high I’m not sure three boxes is worth all the decay they’re going to force on me just for playing some arcade. They shouldn’t have decay on endorsement for playing arcade mode.

7 Likes

If your endorsements decay after less than 24 hours just for simply not playing that would be some ol’ bull. Our endorsement level should NOT be a reflection of often we are able to play.

So, the issue here is that you could farm yourself to endorsement level 5, and be nice in say, one in 10 games, to get that one endorsement you need to keep from decaying, and it wouldn’t really affect how you interact with people anymore.

The system needs decay-over-time, that’s always active, to force you to keep being nice, and as a bonus, it disincentivizes alts/smurfs, as you have to keep playing and getting endorsements to stay at higher levels.

1 Like

Just happened to me.
Endorsement level went down from 3 to 2 at the end of quick play match.
The match finished properly, no one left. At the end in voting page, I was giving endorsements to other players and then got the message “Your endorsement level has gone from 3 to 2”.
I got disconnected from the game during matches a few times because the server went down about an hour before this happened. I am not sure if it is related or not.

1 Like

Happened to a my friend too, he was a level 4 endorsement. He was keep endorsed and Never leave any game, Never get toxic, always play for the team (tank and support, rarely DPS). But after a game kicked Everyone because the enemy team leave all, his level went down to 3 without reason… He was really Happy for his level 4…

Sorry For bad english

2 Likes

alright this is my third reply… so I noticed that every lose has some penalty to your endorsement level. I was like 4th times between 4 and 3 level and it went down because we lose QP game… QP where most of the players say: “it is just a QP game so why bother”. I lost my level even if I had like 15 endorsements on level 4. This needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Also another issue related to this: was in a competitive game and within around a 20 second window 4 players were kicked due to unexpected server error and they were stuck on the main menu talking to us in chat. The ones that were talking said they’d lost endorsement due to it and also couldn’t rejoin the game.

I had this same issue recently where the server crashes, won’t let you rejoin (it says ‘play’ instead of rejoin even though the top of the screen says “found game, joining game” - clicking cancel does nothing), and then penalizes your endorsement no matter what you do (you also get temporary ban and sr loss if you quit Overwatch to escape the main menu).

Seems very unfair that people are losing endorsements due to a server error out of their control.

1 Like

This happened to me with level 5 tonight. I played 3 games, got 8 endorsements, gave out 9, after losing the last game (couldnt remember the outcome of the other 2 games), i went to level 4. Im hearing about server disconnects from other users and trouble logging back in. so im not sure if it is from the loss of server disconnect, i experienced no interruption in play but was demoted for the second time.

2 Likes

While playing for a couple hours receiving endorsements most games, I get out of a match and my endorsement level dropped from 3 to 2.
I had not just turned to 3 either, i’d think it safe to say I wasn’t just teetering on the brink of 2-3.
I’ve never been banned or suspended, nor got a warning for anything other than leaving too many matches in the past.

1 Like

this happened to me right yesterday,
went up to 3, played 3 more, got 5 endorsements on these 3, and back to 2. no idea why, no reason to be reported, playing with 2 friends that werent toxic or anything bad, we won the 3…

1 Like

Okay what if this was just the only way to ensure that there’s always a competition with (and within) yourself to keep getting these endorsements ?
Let’s say that all of us getting to level 3 will fall to level 2 and back again because, like when you get to a new elo you have to fight back in a couple times before raising a new one. ?@!
what’s the probability of this instead of getting angry and quitting the game when we finally have a way to recompense each other for being good ?

for two days straight, i have gone from Endorsement level 3, to endorsement level 4, and back down to 3. while having level four ill consciously play until i get about 10 endorsements. the next morning i’m back down at 3 lmao two days in a row. is this a way of making 4 and 5 star players an actual rarity???

that would make sense

just got back to 3 with plenty endorsements, maybe we should just keep playing and get rewarded…