Same thing happened to me, OP. Since the new patch, I’ve played for a few days. It took two days to go up to level 2, then 1 day to drop it to 1. That’s way too fast for it to mean anything other than “this person plays a lot”.
There was no warning: It just suddenly happened (after a turd of a match, no less). I’d been getting an average of 1-2 endorsements per game beforehand.
Oh well. The system is meaningless, anyway:
- It gives free xp. You’re encouraged to use all 3, every game.
- I get a lot more in QP vs. competitive.
- It’s even rarer for a competitive loss, however close (taste the salt).
- Can’t endorse in arcade modes.
- Groups suck each other off.
- Solo Q’s get bent over, as usual.
Here’s the skinny on commendation levels, as implemented:
- Infrequent solo Q (point and laugh!)
- Frequent solo Q / Infrequent LFG
- Frequent LFG / Infrequent group
- Frequent group
- Streamers / Redditors / Popularity suckoffs
That’s all it means, unfortunately… Groups get matched with other groups of similar sizes. When you run out of people to endorse in your own group (1 or 2 games), the only thing you can do is throw green xp at the opposing groups for the rest of the day. That’s another way you can view the system: Mostly green = groups, mostly purple = solo Q.
Treat it as a +150xp bonus per game for no good reason.