Doomfist Community Patch (Discontinued)

Why not, but I think Doomfist just need a passive buff, like : If doomfist got his passive shield, he had “tenacity” …
And tenacity is a stat that reduces the duration ( 30% ) of all crowd control effects

4 Likes

Gotta share the love on the forums somehow :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The way doomfist works as a hero is that he is a combination of area denial, tank buster, flanker and tanker(only because of the passive and to a very VERY minor extent.) He’s very gimmicky and is only at his strongest with turn and burn punishes to severely discourage people from chasing him or playing into him.

Yet despite this, the only viable way to play him is through abusing bugs and he is still outclassed by others. Jump punching changes how you play the hero entirely, and simply makes the hero work. I remember the moment I started learning how to jump punch I began to have a larger impact. His lack of mobility through normal use of his kit is primarily what kills him… yet there’s likely never going be a distance buff to rocket punch. This is what sparked my interest in giving him strengths in other areas of his kit and giving him more to work with in general.

5 Likes

Bumping. (Character Limit)

2 Likes

Really love the idea of guard. Just those moments of being in a situation where your on cooldown and your gun needs rounds to reload, slowing down while having something to protect yourself reminiscent of fighting games would be fantastic!

3 Likes

YES. I’m probably not in the best place to judge after playing Total Mayhem, but that’s a step towards stun resistance and I like it.

1 Like

I am starting to think that the reason why they don’t mess with doomfist is that they balance him around the advanced playstyle of using his rocketpunch to bounce effectively, which when done consistently makes him incredibly mobile and difficult to predict. That being said it takes a huge amount of practice to be able to pull this off, so maybe make this easier to pull off?

1 Like

They haven’t removed punch bouncing or jump punching because we said he needed it to be viable. Genji didn’t need ledge dash to be viable, so they removed the bug.

They nerfed him so hard in so many ways that without jump punching and punch bouncing he’d be worthless. That’s why they haven’t given him better mobility–and that’s bloody stupid if you ask me.

2 Likes

Why would they balance him around a mechanic that takes alot of practice and perfection to time and master effectively? Doomfist as a whole is in a very tough spot at the moment. I’m a seasoned doomfist player who gets accounts to mid GM frequently on him and having that mechanic is most definitely a necessity but that doesn’t negate that fact that his survivability in fights, effective output compared to other DPS heroes, and overall reliability is much lower. Blizzard could balance around this easily.

3 Likes

Still waiting on these changes. Lol. Doom Wars IV: A New Hope.

I was thinking, since Doomfist’s Gauntlet isn’t exactly going to cover his whole front, it wouldn’t make sense for it to guard his feet, so I was thinking “What if Sanjay upgraded the gauntlet to include a Hardlight Shield with enough power to guard for 2 seconds at a time?” I mean, that’s Sanjay’s purview anyways and that change could be brought about with more lore on Talon’s operations.

5 Likes

Doomfist’s concept as a hero is by far the coolest thing to ever come to Overwatch; his gimmick of being a melee brawler is extremely fun. It’s a damn shame to see him hard-counter practically no one while being easily shut down by half the roster. Not to mention he’s buggier than a bayou.

3 Likes

Hang on, I’ve got a solution. Altering the text that describes how the gauntlet acts during it.

2 Likes

Jeff I see you floating around here 0_0

3 Likes

I would just like his Seismic slam to stop dropping my frames around breakable or moveable objects. Seriously everything in this game is perfectly fine and even all his other moves. but the moment Doomy gets a slammin frame rates go dying.

But disregarding that i do like a lot of the idea’s proposed here. It would be real neat if they got implemented. I especially like the guard idea.

4 Likes

Bumping for DOOMFIST!

4 Likes

Ah, right… the fps issues that those abilities induce. I’m unsure as for why that slipped my mind on the bug fixes. fixed.

1 Like

My frames may detest him and he’s a handful with all his problems but Doomfist is still my fav DPS lol. Hopefully he gets himself fixed up good one of these days by ol Blizz.

2 Likes

Bumping for blue post.

2 Likes

Isn’t it orange now? At least if you want a post from the devs

2 Likes

Damn you’re right, BUMPING FOR ORANGE POST!

4 Likes