Don't buff Mercy. That's not what she needs

When I said “I think” I assumed that would imply it was an opinion but I guess some of us lack the reading fundamentals to make those kinds of conclusions.

If something can’t really be proven then it’s merely an opinion, not a fact. Anyway, I believe this is honestly drifting from the original discussion intended here, of which I didn’t start down this route, someone coming to the topic claiming those complaining about Mercy are a minority is neither factually proven or relevant to this thread. I’ve said what needs saying and have nothing further to add, so I’m going to discontinue my participation in this thread by ignoring further replies regarding this subtopic. Nice chatting! I won’t receive further notifications of replies to me in this thread

1 Like

Good idea for you to shante away before you make a fool out of yourself anymore

girl bye

Dude. Whether or not that was called for, it’s still in bad taste.

3 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion and it’s been noted, thanks for sharing

In my experience, most of the people who want Resurrect gone say that because Blizzard hasn’t managed to balance it and make it feel useful at the same time in literal years… so… their position is dump it and try something else.

Regardless… even if some of the data is contradictory having that data still gives you something to work off of. Working off that is better than basing rework suggestions off of one single person’s experience and thoughts about Mercy.

1 Like

I just dont see a way to the resolution you appear to be looking toward when mutually exclusive positions are widely held

Again the 0 IQ of people saying “balanced heroes don’t need changed!!1” when that is exactly why we have this garbage heap of Mercy 2.0

1 Like

I don’t think the mutually exclusive positions are nearly as widely held or as staunchly held as you seem to believe.

I mean… I had a whole Mercy Brainstorming thread going at one point where a lot of people came in and said variations of “I want Mass Res back.” and there was not a one that wasn’t eventually able to come up with an answer when I said “Ok, but what if that was 100% off the table… what would you want then?”

Most people are willing to compromise.

I simply dont see the desire to compromise from the vast majority of those with stated positions on Mercy on these forums

Have you tried asking nicely? Or asking as a hypothetical situation? Cause I have and it usually works.

I mean… even you, who is probably the most stubborn defender of Mercy’s current state that I’ve ever seen, made your compromise rework threads, which… I’m assuming you’d at least be OK with if they were implemented.

1 Like

I know there are a few - as you say, I have made my own attempt - but i dont think the vast majority are willing to compromise, or even consider compromising

Even then, for me, there are things that I dont see as items that can be compromised on - mass rez being item 1 through 5000 on such a list of items that cannot (for me) be compromised on, for example.

1 Like

Ok, well, do you have any other items on that list? From reading your other responses, I know you want to keep Resurrect in her kit in some form, but I am curious.

I like everything about Mercy as she is right now

(bugs aside, of course)

sincerely

That’s fair. However generally people have certain things about a hero’s kit where, if it changes, that’ll ruin the character for them. Other aspects… they can change and it won’t be a huge deal.

Like for example… do you feel as strongly about Valkyrie staying 15s long as you do keeping Mass Resurrect out of the game?

1 Like

Mass Rez is (for me) non negotiable

Changes to Valkyrie (like BigMainLittleChains) are (for me) negotiable

Bruh

The majority of the time mass rez was used, it was used to bring back 2-3 players. Very rarely would it be used to get 4-5 back.

But if youd like- Ill rephrase it all for you.

Happier?

I saw what you specifically framed it as.

The difference is tracers targets spread out- Where dead people tend to stay in place, giving you the benefit of positioning yourself to get as many as you want.

And lets be real: There was no limit on how many you could rez in your “framing”.

With your framing, mercy can revive as many people as possible in a 10 meter bubble. That might be 2 or 3. that might be 4 or 5- Its still literally mass rez, just with limited range.

So back to what id said before:

The devs have made it clear- They ABSOLUTELY do not want mercy to have the capability to revive multiple targets. Its not going to happen. Stop beating that horse. Its never getting up.

2 Likes

Except mercy doesn’t have a say in the actual risk v reward. she just makes a judgement call, not actually be able to do anything about tipping the actual risk vs reward in her favor. If it’s actually unsafe, mercy’s judgement call value is limited by her trying to make a good judgement of not res’ing, otherwise whether she gets it off is just relying on your team covering for you or the enemy team being incompetent. If it is safe, then mercy’s judgement call value is limited to her judgement.

Even if you have 100% accuracy in estimating whether a soul is safe to res or not, the mercy player has no say in the actual risk because that’s determined by factors that mercy has no say over: i.e.

• where the corpse is relative to everyone else’s positioning and sight lines
  • enemies’ incompetence
  • allies’ competence
    i.e. her input doesn’t feel like hers, or “feels like she has no impact”.

This is not the case for ana sleep, ana nade, mercy superjump, etc. because the player can take them into their own hands. mercy wants high ground but no teammate on high ground? cool a good mercy can take matters into their own handss and superjump there. there’s a shield blocking nade or sleep, I can take a different angle via flank or using arc of projectile or just simply taking a diff position. res has not similar room. it’s just estimating a hidden variable that’s determined by something/someone else.

6 Likes

This is more or less the same for all players and all situations within the game.

I see Hog and Zarya. Which one do I target?

Etc etc etc

risk and reward

1 Like

I want stim packs like titanfall has as an ability for mercy.