Don't buff Mercy. That's not what she needs

Rez being niche is why it doesn’t belong in the new vision of the game.

You don’t need Rez generalized, just mercy.

“Niche” should be in output, not abilities.

And mercy is the only hero with such a niche ability.

I don’t think valk was the answer, but I think baptistes imm field, and nano heal shows exactly how much more fluid and balanced just not dying can be and more applicable to situations .

Mercy shouldn’t be niche in kit but only in output/ how she does things.

Right now, imo she actually overperforms because valk is so general and outside of her out output.

No thank you, I’d prefer Mercy to have an E ability that’s available more than once per fight.

“Once per fight” abilities are for ults.

A lot of players - myself included - find her to be much more fun in her current state than pre-rework

Some - again, myself included - even find her current state to be the best state she has ever been in

I dont see it that way on either count, myself.

np.

Yes, and I see it the same way, yet I don’t think she’s in a perfect state. I do wish for rez to be changed, after you’ve once learnt how to use it, it just takes away so much skill from the hero.

I dont think there is any state that can be objectively viewed as perfect, honestly.

I and many others are quite happy with her current well balanced, fun to play, and impactful state

Have you taken a look at Invigorate?

I stand behind this, but I think it’s the only thing from your post that I support. Mercy doesn’t really need a big change right now.

If not a “generalist/niche” divide between Mercy’s base kit and ult… than what about defining it as a “useful everywhere/situational” dichotomy, instead?

Mercy becoming a “must pick” in the lower ranks is a concern of mine when it comes to designing Mercy’s ult. If she has a base kit with a low skill floor, is usable everywhere, has a general-use ult and is a lot of fun to play… what reason would the low-ranked and casual players have to even try the other healers? We’d be drowning in Mercy one-tricks.

Although it’s worth mentioning that Rez would become much less situational once the healing burst component is added. You wouldn’t need dead teammates to use Rez.

I see what you mean but that’s why I think she needs balance in her base kit when considering her ult.
For example,

I find her to be an off healer but , i wouldn’t be opposed to:

Keeping a 50-30 beam
Giving her a small -relief of actual instant healing of say, 30 on Cooldown ( the only instant healing in this game is ana nade)

And then giving her a frequently suggested immortality ult. Where are you could balance it along the lines of time so zen and Lucio still have value, and cast time to make it risky like Lucio ult.

Or whatever the case. Imo she will always be popular, but power and popular aren’t the same.

I do not expect brig or baptiste to ever be popular.

but the aspect of mercy to make her viable in higher ranks is not Rez, but the fluidity of her kit, which valk adds to, without input from the player.

Imo, that’s not good . The player should determine the viability of a hero. You shouldn’t be good just because the hero is. But all heroes should be useable in the same lvl. Rez being niche is outside of a players control, and it’s not fair

As someone who has been a Mercy main from almost the beginning of this game’s life, I’d gladly sacrifice the ability to rez just to have some more utility and feel even slightly more impactful in a match while playing her. At this point I feel like she’s balanced, but she’s just kinda lackluster… and after a few matches of playing her I start to get bored and switch to a different healer. It just seems like keeping rez, being that it is such an overpowered ability, is what’s tying her down. At this point the rez doesn’t even feel worth it, especially if that player just gets gunned down after you rez them (possibly already sacrificing yourself in the process)

So I want to keep her balanced, I like where she’s at in regards to that right now, but I agree that she needs something to feel more worth playing at this point.

Now it’s even worse: once Valkyrie is insufficient as well, you just got nothing to rely on. Plan B, that earns +10 hps, doesn’t sound like an actual “plan B”.

1 Like

So, I do very much agree that Mercy needs some changes to make her more interesting to play as.

However… it is my belief that the worst possible changes you can make to a hero are those that alienate their current fans.

So that begs the question… what are THE things about current Mercy that people love? I honestly don’t know. Do you think it would be worth while to try and get that information? Because I think it probably would be.

Do you have a suitable source to backup this claim? Based on my experiences of various social media platforms that discuss things about Overwatch this would significantly differ with your claim.

Of which a few are only main healers. Not a great solution for those who love playing the role of main healer, but needless to say thanks for your somewhat entertaining but also flawed reply :slight_smile:.

Mobility and becoming attack helicopter seem to be one of favorite things.

There is no requirement that if one does not like a given support, that one is restricted to moving to a different support

One can choose from any of the over 2 dozen heros

2 Likes

This is technically true.

Sadly, you have offered the wrong solution.

A “suitable” source??

For who? You?

Probably not. El oh el, a suitable source.

You literally go on to say that from your own anecdotal evidence you think the opposite. Which makes sense and is fine.

I don’t need to back anything up with “suitable” sources because 1) nothing I say is going to fit your narrative, therefore probably isn’t suitable and 2) reality is on my side.

Thanks though!

1 Like

Nothing technical about it - factually, one is not restricted from choosing any of the other heroes if one has issues with a certain hero

I see nothing wrong with this

I experienced this myself when the horrendous (imo) Nerfedbjorn rework came about. I didnt switch my time to another dps

1 Like

Oh look it’s another “mass rez” thread in disguise

3 Likes

I disagree with your “official” views on Mercy. I would recommend visiting the most popular thread on the Overwatch forums to educate yourself:

It’s a thread about why Mercy’s current state is unacceptable, starting off with an excellent thesis from the op. You should visit sometime!

1 Like