šŸ”” Developer Update | Role Queue

Iā€™ll say it again. 2-2-2 will go live on beginning of next season. With OWL stage 4.

Waiting for the announcement to happen tho

Cause it will be fine. Clearly you didnā€™t hear the part where ā€œitā€™s just QPā€ version of the game that casuals love will be in arcade.

The thing is that I AM ADAPTING. During a game. All the time. And I wonā€™t be able to do it anymore.

2 Likes

I mean ya but the new one is just going to take it over and eventually the classic one will die because it is a more fun game BUT it isnt quick its in fact now slow play.

1 Like

i doubt there are people who hate 2/2/2 and role queue

5 Likes

Well classic quick play will be in arcade

• Role Queue (obviously)
  • Itā€™s 2-2-2
  • Itā€™s locked roles
  • Itā€™s in Quick Play, Comp, and OWL
  • Separate role MMR and SR
  • 5 placements per role
  • You get comp rewards regardless of the role you choose
  • You get more comp points for placing with all three roles (no specifics for how this works yet)
  • Current Comp season is ending early
  • Beta Comp season on August 13th that will only run for two weeks
  • On ptr today
  • Official comp release on Sept 1st
  • Arcade adds ā€œQuick Play Classicā€, which is just Quick Play but without role queue
  • Meant to improve overall quality of matches, not to change the meta
  • Jeff disagrees with people saying that itā€™ll reduce creativity
  • Lots of balance changes in the near future (gives brig as a specific example)
  • ā€œI think this is the biggest change weā€™ve added to the game since we added the hero limitā€
  • The team will actively watch how role queue is doing
  • Possibly longer queue times, particularly for dps (theyā€™re trying to change that)
  • Some type of new reward system (no details given yet)
  • Theyā€™ve completely rewritten the matchmaker

:crab::crab::crab: OVERWATCH IS SAVED :crab::crab::crab:

Also that Moira buff, love that. I am a support main so now Iā€™ll get loot boxes for playing what I love? Amazing!

longest sigh

So what, itā€™s only going to be there once a month? A the rest of the time weā€™ll be forced into boring comps? Iā€™m legit upset. I at least hoped thereā€™d be a separate queue for cheese and casual fun, but no.

2 Likes

If you mean switching from tank to dps, thatā€™s doing you a favor. People arenā€™t the same skill across roles, Jeff even gave his own example. You queue for what role you want. One day you want to support pick support and switch within support and at least your support SR wonā€™t be effected by switching to something that ruins your stats.

Can we try this while Sleepdarted?

Just look at this forum. Quite some of these.

Expect a lot of hero balances. Time to shine OW Forum. Rejoice as your cries will finally be heard.

or notā€¦ lol!

But I do expect a lot of hero balances.

They may rework arcade and make classic QP permanent like MH.

Hopefully they make it permanent so people can have classic mode forever and always

3 Likes

Imagine having to wait over 10 minutes to play a casual game of QP. Hahahahhaha. What an actual joke.

2 Likes

Greatest day in Overwatch history.

Which nobody will be playing, which will also be inaccessible for majority of the time because arcade mode swaps and nobody will care about arcade mode.

3 Likes

I really hope so. Cheesy Quickplay with friends is the most fun I have for Overwatch. I want to win with weird and unexpected strats.

I know people hate the ā€œtryhardā€ excuse in QP, but 222 isnā€™t the only way to win. Sometimes going crazy is just more fun than a ā€œbalancedā€ team.

2 Likes