🔔 Developer Update | Role Queue

Best example, wow

Everyone assumes supports and tanks never exist but that’s not the case. Sometimes it’s dps.

So instead, a flat reward of xp or loot goes to you if you que for the role with less players in it.

This would apply to ow.

Very exciting.

I have to wait a week for it to rotate so I can play this game normally as I have been doing all these years? Hilarious.

2 Likes

You DPS players really need to step the hell up with your switching to counter. My word.

No. You don’t get to play what you want, not at all.

1 Like

We don’t know that yet. It might get the MH treatment if it proves to be popular.

They’re most likely making it permanent in arcade like they do with MH.

If it proves to be popular? Just add separate options for 2/2/2 or put that in the arcade, not classic QP. A majority of people play QP for DPS and I can tell you no one is gonna wait over 10 minutes to play one single match.

1 Like

Hopefully.

However, the devs love to parrot the whole “don’t split the playerbase” argument", so I’m scared they’ll put it on rotation.

1 Like

Of course they will. But absolutely no one is going to play Support or Tank in either QP mode. Regular QP will be dead.

People might be more inclined too if they aren’t the only healer and only tank now

If I have to come home from work wanting to relax and jump into a QUICKplay game and I have to wait 10 minutes for I would seriously rather play something else at this point.

1 Like

and some us don’t want put up with 5 dps…

Actually, I think a lot of people will now actually have an incentive to play in QP as tank and healers as they wont be solo tanking/healing for 5 DPS.

Yeah, but thry also know many people like original classic. This let’s everyone get what they want and maybe eventually the naysayers will give 222 a chance and realize it wasn’t the end of the world.

Couldn’t be more excited! But also can’t like your post cause I’m at my like limit :joy:

Then you can play with the other guys in the arcade mode. You even get free lootboxes.

No it isn’t. Because now the pool of players will be split and the queue times will be long and annoying.

This change did NOT need to come to quickplay.

2 Likes

Really interesting, might be great might be horrible. But I am still really excited

It did because people need to practice for comp and they can’t do that if comp and QP are radically different.

I would just like to come in here and say thanks for this system and thanks for putting it in QP too. I like Quick Play a lot more than Comp and I would probably have switched over to Comp for the sake of 2-2-2 but I think it’s better for the game if QP and Comp remain roughly comparable in terms of ruleset.

1 Like

I don’t get how people think this will “ruin” quick play. Have any of you played quick play?