Deflected Damage NERF by huge margin

All we needed was a visual representation of the actual hitbox and instead they decided to completely destroy the ability.

I care less about deflect damage than whether or not genji is fully protected by deflect which apparently is not the case so the ability shouldn’t go live until it is.

You massively play dps, that’s not flexing. Let alone you have a lot more hours on genji than anyone else.

I played some Genji 2hrs ago. I’m an awful genji in general but I was against enemies with good aim, so my deflect was ~2400 (it surprised me), ~1700 and ~1100. My tracking is pretty ok tho’. The problem with Genji right now is the following:
Your deflect is actually a temporary to no shield in low/mid tiers. In PTR I baited several Widow, Hanzo shots but at least they hit me!!! What will happen in Bronze and Silver?
You are a bit too late. I had expressed your concerns when Moira was in PTR. Everybody was mourning “Genji broken model” and I was explaining that he needs an animation fix to his current model, not a deflect nerf.

flexing means willing to change doesn’t matter which category. You’re okay fam? I have played rein, orisa and winston too. I’ve only played 20 ~30 games in this season.

2 Likes

How many more Genji deflect related threads do you need to make? At least stick to one of them please. This was a fix, not a nerf, it was just long overdue. Making multiple threads about the same thing won’t change it any faster.

If I’m not mistaken, you’ve made four different threads which all appear to be discussing the recent change to Genji’s deflect? I can understand you may be upset with it but that doesn’t really make spamming the same topic helpful, useful or right.

2 Likes

Fenix not trying to be rude but, you’ve made 6 separate topics in the past 3 days, and all have been about Genji’s deflect.

Couldn’t you have just put them into one post?

And aside from this, it was a much needed fix to a broken ability, not a nerf. Of course there are going to be bugs with it. They’ll (hopefully) iron them out before the patch goes live.

Bottom line is that deflect should protect Genji and Genji only. Not half of his team.

2 Likes

You have a total of 1 hour of tank play in competitive, and 5 on genji also I’m counting your quick play too.

And flexing is switching to what your team needs as a role,

1 Like

I have a lot of hrs with widow in general, but I can flex to any hitscan needed (incl. Tracer, Sombra), Ana, Zen, Moira (but I hate her), Roadhog, DVa and some Orisa.

I prefer playing Widow whenever she is viable, McCree, Zen, Road, Tracer and Ana ; that does not mean that I cannot play other heroes.

Yeah thought they were only going to make the animation match his hit box not screw over genji

His deflect hitbox has been broken since day 1. Those deflect stats should have never been that high to begin with. PTR deflect is a FIX. No more abusing his deflect visuals you’re gonna have to get used to it. Plus I’m sure there’s still some tweaks they’ll make to it before it hits live.

1 Like

His damage deflected numbers being down probably has something to do with his deflect hitbox no longer being the size of Roadhog. Meaning you no longer have BS deflects when shooting near or around a Genji and not aiming at him. So yeah naturally his numbers would fall it’s only common sense.

2 Likes

and that’s where you’re wrong. We’re talking about comp only here. Most of the time 5 hours on my genji means it works. As you can see, I have played both tank, support, and dps role in comp. even with little time on them means I was told to change or willing to change for the team benefits.

just stop you’re wrong here.

1 Like

thats why im asking something to be buff for compensate

since even with this “enormous” hitbox on live
genji has balance winrate and stat compared to other dps

with this nerf his power will decrease even though he balanced now

so triple jump return and be able to cancel deflect with primary fire / pressing E is all i want

Personally, if I had my way, Deflect would do NO damage.

Genji doesn’t need more tools to kill people, and players shouldn’t be so directly and harshly punished for shooting at and hitting a target.

2 Likes

(っ◔U◔)っ :heart: Genji will still be Prefectly Fine/Just as Deadly Anyways. :heart:

lol a salty support mains

do u even know why genji has lowest dps and slow projectile on offense hero
because he have good kit and ult to compensate

now with his kit nerf
something has to compensate

You got any proof that deflected damage was actually nerfed and it’s not just the smaller hitbox deflecting less random shots around genji?

Deflect could infinitely deflect almost all sources of damage for 2 seconds in 180 degrees in front of him and also give him infinite amount of ultimate charge for just jumping in front of someone and pressing E since it had no damage cap. Genji’s ultimate is the strongest in the game yet is far too easy to farm and of Junkrat is getting his nerfed + his ability to charge it with primary, which still scores a lot less kills on average and at top percentile plus in OWL than Genji’s, then it is completely fair that Genji’s ultimate charge rate is indirectly reduced as well.

Genji’s only ulti counter got their best damage source from right click nerfed as well and even players like Jjonak and Boombox can barely keep up with enemy Genji spamming shurikens and pressing E even when they are building transcendences at the rate of 3 transses per 4mins which is like fastest in the league. So Zen losing damage from right click and genji losing damage from deflect should balance it out.

2 Likes

It makes sense PTR Genji is deflecting less damage with the more accurate hitbox.

PS: quoted u by mistake

Overexaggerating does not work, it didnt work ever and complaining about a fix for a 2 year broken skill is borderline ridiculous.
Moira is not a counter to genji, in order to “soft counter” genji she has to fully develop 100% perfect tracking during 4 seconds or during 2, sacrificing all healing AND the healing orb. A good genji will climb and do 120 damage to Moira without even her noticing him.

Yeah Brig is a counter to him but … so she is for A LOT of the roster. Could be a lot worse, look at Reaper.

No, he doesnt deserve any compensation for a long due FIX.

1 Like