What happen jeff?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/an-easy-way-to-fix-genji-deflect-hitbox/56418/25

Jeff: We’re working on updating both the hitbox and the VFX for an update in May or June (rough ETA, could be longer, no h8 plz)

what happen to this post
i think they are going to take time and test it
and give it new VFX?

but now they just rushing it by simply reducing the hitbox so extreme its even smaller than the animation, and making the skill not working

and stuff like this happen

clips.twitch.tv/HelplessEncouragingCheesecakeBIRB
twitter.com/MakinaYT/status/987121730442465282
streamable.com/g42jd
4 Likes

Good. I’d rather it be busted because it doesn’t work in 100% of cases than busted in that it works when it shouldn’t.

10 Likes

That’s why it’s on PTR and not live yet, there are things to fix, it’s expected.

3 Likes

hate geni so much eh?

i wonder what will u react if they nerfed nade hitbox to randomly hit 1-4 meter target not consistent 4 meter aoe…

5 Likes

lets use our brains for a moment, its the end of may, so maybe itll come in june

since when they are fixing bug on PTR?

as far as i know 90% of the time its going to live regardless what happen

2 Likes

Not a “I hate genji” scenario. More of a “I hate broken hitboxes that don’t get fixed for years.”

I also don’t like how everyone is complaining about when a widow gets a headshot on a genji while he has deflect everyone complains. But okay, it’s fine. That can be looked past.

But when you’re defending a hitbox that acts like this,

Something is wrong.
13 Likes

I don’t really think anybody minds a extreme nerf to it (except genji mains) It should be a last ditch effort for escape not ‘let me press this for free damage and a quick projectile invincibility’.

Not like the rest of his kit is getting train rekt like reflect. It probably shouldnt have been 8 meters to start with, and then been in the game for almost 2 years.

1 Like

whats wrong? u clearly hit the genji in there and u got mad its deflected?

LOL

Since the beginning of the game. Just because there are some bugs that go live doesn’t mean they don’t fix any. If they start to push every change without passing through PTR you won’t believe how many bugs a simple change causes.

2 Likes

Dude you would hate having to wait 2 years for Deflect hitbox to get reduced

I think you missed the point a bit brah. He’s saying the nerf was rushed out and now it’s damaging the character more then it should be

Lol.
“u clearly hit the genji”

Let me show you more examples okay?

The second genji encounter in this clip:

Try defending these.

13 Likes

its purpose its to deal damage not purely defensif kit
clearly u dont play genji

there a reason why genji shuriken are weak, since his kit compensate for it

also its not free damage, u have to aim it
and since projectile accuracy usually arround 25-30% and hitscan player are 35-45%,

there a chance of 75% u will miss your deflected projectile
there a chance of 65-55% u will miss your deflected hitscan
even if u managed to deflect it

most genji on live server have average 1000 damage / 10 minutes deflected damage, 35%-45% of it will be 350-450 damage that actually CONNECT to enemies

I don’t agree it’s better for him to be more broke than simply fixing the ability the right way. But yeah you can’t defend anything about current deflects outbox or animation lol idk why people would even try

3 Likes

i’m one of the people who have been asking for a deflect fix for long time, and honestly Genji for me is one of the most annoying heroes of this game.
BUT
This new deflect SUCKS. I don’t want Genji to deflect when i shoot above him but i also don’t want to headshot a Genji who is deflecting, it makes the skill just useless.

Let’s stop with the Genji hate guys. I’m a support main and i recognize this new deflect is still broken, but now on the other extreme (hitbox smaller than animation) and i’m not okay with it.

I hope they fix it in the right way before putting in live.

2 Likes

people defend the broken ability cause they use it as a crutch. personally, i’d hate for any character to end up like Doomfist, but saying it’s ok on live is flat out a lie.

1 Like

im not defending that,

im ok with nerf that reasonable

but on PTR is very bad, u cant even protect yourself anymore

thats why im confuse why they rushing it

1 Like

Honestly, look at it from a developer’s perspective. It’s either frustrating for the entire playerbase, or just for a small portion of the playerbase, until it’s fixed properly.

1 Like

did they state somewhere that it’s coming to live before may? cause may/june or even later is the only info i’ve seen, i’m confused now, honestly :confused: