Average Genji on live server:

1500 ish Deflect / 10 min
this are with live big hitbox

even top 500 genji player i see arround this number 1500-1700 / 10 min

but with reduction on PTR,

my friend inform he even STRUGGLE to get anything past 500 / 10 min
on 6 games his best was 550, while other game only 300, 400 even 200 LOL
he a plat genji main btw

im not testing myself because i have 200 ping on PTR but i take my friend word for it

so this FIX is not a fix, thas a huge nerf, 1500 to 500 is A BIG NERF
also DEFLECTED damage is not the same as YOUR DAMAGE DONE

since u have to aim it, if u have 30% accuracy then its going to be:

30% of 500 damage = 150 damage actually hit your target

so it will become one of the best defense / offense ability on live
to become one of the worst if this patch goes live

dva has 15 meter range and huge matrix aoe, can toggle on off at will

i hope dev compensate for this nerf
make it canceable if u press the button again and using RMB
bring back triple jump again

the reason why genji has low damage and slow shuriken because he has big mobility and very powerfull kit, with his kit nerfed by basicly 200% potential damage, should he got compensation for it?

27 Likes

Prepare for all the genji haters to say he deserves it. I have no opinion one way or the other.

23 Likes

Haven’t fully mained him since season 3, I do main Hanzo and I think it’s waaay too far. I would’ve been fine I’d the pushed the hitbox back a bit, instead of side to side.

3 Likes

If they haven’t fixed the buggy deflect, then that’s significantly lower. Iirc it’s bugged and so he hasn’t been deflecting things he should.

And that’s just how much of an advantage that broken hitbox gave him.

12 Likes

Most of the time i see genji deflect its to save themselves by creating an impenetrable barrier. Rarely do they do much to actually redirect damage unless its an ult. In terms of some ults like rocket barrage less deflect area = less damage deflected (since its like a spray) so it makes sense less is being caught.

Really this nerf makes it easier for dps to not accidentally hit the invisible edge of a deflect barrier so its not even like gengi is being treated unfairly. The dps didnt mean to shoot at him in the first place, its just really hard to tell what “not at him” is on live.

20 Likes

yeah even with big live hitbox 1500 damage reflected / 10 min is not that impressive number

and probably with 30% accuracy, that actually hit a target would be 500 damage

on more than 6 game playing on PTR my friend only managed to get 500 at best on 12 min game,

he usually got arround 300-500 damage reflected

btw he plat genji

At least, I don’t have to deal with “Genji’s deflect hitbox is broken, you can’t have an opinion on x hero” anymore.

Unless they decide to throw another storm on Swift Strike.

4 Likes

True. We may not need to deal with that anymore, but we’ll still have to deal with, “you main the hero therefore your opinion on the matter of their balance is invalid” comments.

7 Likes

he was deflecting spam and missed shots. its a fix and it took them 2 years. you should be thankful for the delay. on the other hand, blizz is killing genji with moira, hanzo buff and brig. thats not fair.

1 Like

You know thats where they are going next. The swift strike reset will be next to take a nerf.

2 Likes

Eh, he never needed a nerf. He was always balanced, just visually misleading.

Hopefully they can do something about it.

6 Likes

Isn’t this rather the point?

3 Likes

Lol, not just those 2. There’re symetra, torb turret, pharah, lucio ult and boop, zen ult.

Mostly, people just can’t help themselves but to shoot at his deflect. You talk like Genji doesn’t aim back his deflect.

Well I mean; shouldn’t this be more in line with what he is ACTUALLY deflecting

Like on live that number is being boosted because of people trying to miss the Genji’s deflect but it still being bounced back, or people trying to hit someone else only for the hitbox to catch a shot not meant for the Genji in the first place.

5 Likes

I don’t care if Genji got nerfed but I will say it’s time for Genji mains to adapt like every other hero that gets nerfed.

8 Likes

yeah this was most people dont get

average genji has 30% accuracy, if its hitscan probably 40%

so even if he deflected all your shoot, only 30-40% of it will return to you
and most people only shoot the first 0.5 - 1sec, unless they are brain dead

So, what damage does defence matrix do?
Oh it doesn’t?
Suppose that means deflect should be less good as a defensive ability than defence matrix?

4 Likes

Except it’s doesn’t? It’s still the best defensive ability in the game because it still protects you from damage and can still turn even ultimates against the enemy team. The only difference is that 66% of the damage he was deflecting was never going to hit him to begin with so it was undeserved, he didn’t need deflect to protect him from that.

7 Likes

Deflect should be ment to protect Genji and ONLY Genji. This is how is should have been in the beginning. On live, he deflects abouts much damage as DVa eats and she is a TANK. He doesn’t need a TANK level defense ability.

9 Likes

Dude, that deflect hit box is just a decoration for Genji’s grave. Blizz have been releasing his counters. even with large hit box, he’s still have to switch.

Blizz been nerfing genji by releasing bunch of his counters. Not just moira and brig.