Support favoritsm this past few patch

do u even read what i said

NERF the hitbox but buff the damage = rewarding more skill

It’s still not good for Lucio, so how is that favouritism?

Mercy’s pistol does 20 damage, D.va’s does 14; They’re last line of defense tools for each character. Plus their hitboxes are still smaller than Junkrat and Pharah. Also ya know… Hanzo can 1 shot people with a headshot, Mercy and D.va can’t

Moira’s entire purpose is to heal; if you can’t get resource to heal, Moira’s entire purpose is lost. Hanzo can still attack people even if there are barriers, or deal large damage to them. Moira can ONLY deal 50 dps to barriers. If you nerf her soft lock, you would have to buff her healing regeneration to keep her viable.

That’s why D.va is the best tank in the game, because she has the benifit of both DPS as well as Tank. Why do you think she’s one of the highest picked character in the game?

Genji doesn’t benefit from deflect being smaller, Bridge benefits from shield bash being smaller.

More of a give-and-take that’s yet another gradual reduction of skill required to play the support role. Up next: Ana’s primary fire locks on to allies but heals 40% less!

This is incorrect and also has nothing to do with hitboxes.

Go try to cover your teammates with Genjo’s deflect like you would D.Va’s dmatrix and you’ll see why that statement is just plain silly. Deflect is plenty strong, but it’s not a “tank ability”.

While true, it was the OP saying supports get favourtism when this isn’t the case; Brigttie’s hitbox is being altered the same way as Genji’s so they’re both more inline with other hitboxes.

The only change that really matters is the decrease in speed from using wallride; the rest is already in the live game, you just have to learn how to spam spacebar right and you can do the same things

Replying to the OP about Moira’s lockon being too good? You can shut it down with any type of barrier nulling any amount of lockon she has

Have you not seen the countless videos of this happening? There was a forum post on the old forums with videos of just this happening because it was so wide.

Support favouritism?

Mercy doesn’t really use her gun all that often and when she does it’s not the best in the world. If you must insist on reducing her weapon (pulse’s?) hitbox then I’d like the (pulses?) to get to the target a bit faster. I think that’s a fair compromise?

Moira has to track a bit so I’m not sure if that’s a fair nerf/buff compromise. She helps counter Genji if he gets too close, which I realise is one of the heroes you main in competitive by the looks of it.

Support heroes are hardly favoured a great deal…

• Zenyatta got nerfed recently, not sure if this was appropriate.
  • Brigitte has also been nerfed recently, although I feel this was appropriate.
  • Mercy megavoid, over the last few months we’ve had a grand total of zero official replies and just a copy and paste main thread post pretty much. ‘Read posts stats’ on the official forum profiles also indicate they aren’t reading the megathread and continue to silence most discussions on Mercy to there.

I’d hardly call it favouritism for supports :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

And why is that necessary? if you just up the damage and lower the hit box then the power of the gun would be the same. Except how much skill can you expect from the slowest projectiles in the game?

Slow projectile along with its hit box is the reason why honzo is so inconsistent. So basically it will just make those guns inconsistant. If you want skill I would say give them faster projectile speeds then balance the damage and hit box around that.

1 Like

they haven’t said anything about fixing it, you are literally making things up

I’m like 99% sure they said they were going to fix the fact that his head isn’t protected in deflect.

they haven’t. there isn’t a single dev post about it, you are making things up. its not just his head, he can be shot through it in many situations. I was damaged through deflect 6 times in one match today, and I only have 50 ping. imagine what its like for those with higher ping.

No need to get hostile. I thought something was true when it wasn’t. It’s not like I was trying to feed false information.

will actually promote more DPS only mercy’s cause of the new damage output :eyes:

uh

that’s exactly what you were trying to do.

I wasn’t. I didn’t know something that I thought I did. That’s not trying to feed false information. That’s accidentally giving it. You’re treating it like it’s some sort of crime to be wrong about something.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

You were correct.

:innocent: You were right, he is wrong. Don’t worry about it.

Reducing the hitbox of Brigitte’s shield bash is, to me, the most fair early nerf they could have given her. From what I’ve heard, it actually represents the real size of the shield, which is fair in my book, even as someone who loves to play Brigitte.

I’d love to see a video comparison between Live vs PTR, though, just to confirm if my presumptions are right.

-SoaringEagle :eagle::shield:

It’s called moving away from Moira and making the soft lock you mentioned break.

Oh, please. You’re complaining about Sym? The epitome of trash tier?

No. That’s stupid. We’re reducing a hitbox size because a projectile is smaller than it? That’s like nerfing Sombra because Tracer exists.

If deflecting through walls (fixed) and behind him, plus where the ANIMATION DOESNT EVEN REACH didn’t worry the community, I would be worried.

Until you quote patch notes saying the hitbox has been reduced by “more than half”, I will think you are being purposely hyperbolic.

See above.

Have you ever played McCree? Because that isn’t how the interaction between Flashbang and Deflect works. Every time you try to flash a Deflecting Genji, you’re basically gambling with the odds stacked against you.

Confirmed bug. Stop trying to use it to claim that Blizzard secretly “hates Genji” or whatever.

Please. One hitbox fix and you’re acting like it’s Armageddon.

Oh, really? Then why did you say:

Hm?

Oh, give me a break. The devs finally fix his hitbox and you want to nerf balanced characters out of petty spite? Grow up.

Thank you.

You’re welcome.:vulcan_salute:t6:

Supports weren’t getting love for over a year (since ana launch). It’s our time to shine, then it’ll probably be defence/tank turn. Freaking deal with it.