Defense Matrix is the problem not D.Va's damage

I think what Jordan’s talking about when he says the shots sometimes go through his matrix is it’s general buggyness. This is one of those things you’d probably have to play the character a lot to know about (or at least keep an eye on the chatter of the people who do on the forums) but it just fails a lot. You may have seen Dva players talking about Moira’s Orb needing to be wiggled over to be eaten for instance, other times a dynamite will be coming at you head on, you paint it with DM, only for it to fly through the DM and bounce off your windshield onto the floor and sometimes Hog’s hook victims get deleted despite being in your DM at point blank range. It’s obvious that for whatever reason, lag, server issues, messy coding? Who can say? But it just fails to function a lot. It always seems to eat some things like sleep dart or firestrike but some stuff routinely gives it trouble.

2 Likes

I think its Favor the shooter doing its thing, cuz D.M is an immediate thing that also interacts with a ton of immediate things like hitscan and other shenanigans, but who can say really.

1 Like

Aye could be. Seems to have been introduced with the reduction from 15 meters to 10. For whatever reason when they did that it became a lot less reliable.

Indeed. Sometimes, like when that dude found out how Brig’s rally was bugged after they’d done all these other nerfs, it seems Blizzard themselves can’t always track down where a problem is coming from.

Hm, i think its a placebo thing cuz we were used to it having 15 m so things that woulda worked didnt and so we blame it on something other? maybe.

Wait wha, what Rally bug we on about?

But yeah… no kiddin, 3 characters got banned/shelved on OW2 launch already, its a little shameful really.

2 Likes

Flies to the backline and bursts down the enemy healer in 0.5 seconds
“You see, the problem is my defense matrix”
Flies back to her team at mach 5 to get healed
“My damage is not really that high honestly”
Stays alone in the payload until death, pops ultimate and makes everyone to gtfo of the objective except enemy Mei, who already wasted her cds because she is just that stupid and panicked
“Support diff”
Gets meka again and builds enought time to her team to come
“Is this EZ mode? LOL LMAO report my team please”

I think he’s referring to an old bug where Rally gave waaay more damage reduction than it was meant to?

Precisely.

I could certainly be wrong about when it started but it also certainly does fail sometimes. Shakes fist at Moira orbs flying past

No hway, thats tied to armor dmg reduction though right?

Its not longer armor, its overhealth.

That could have something to do with how Orb’s bounce around and its hitbox might be deceiving, i think her balls are smaller than they look. (i had to, sry)

If OWL determines the meta. And D.Va had no playtime in OWL post patch, then she’s not meta. The patch already nerfed her out of it.

Oh its much more complicated than that, theres a lot of underlying reasons as to why the OWL meta is what it is.

And by that simple logic, every character that isnt those 5 and sometimes Tracer wouldnt need to get looked at, wich is definetly not the case.

Yes, but the nerfs were clearly more than enough to make her completely irrelevant in OWL where she has typically been the strongest. So, it would border on insane to nerf her further before any other heroes have been changed. She doesn’t do well in the post Nov 15th patch meta.

1 Like

It’s okay I understand that you’re skeptical. That’s healthy I suppose. I’m reminded of how scientists kept telling sailors that rogue waves weren’t a thing. Then one hit a boat full of scientists and suddenly they were real.

Yeah it was an old bug, but they missed it for so long. I just bring it up as an example that they might have a ways to go before they hammer out any particular bug.

Shes not completely irrelevant, shes just not the best option and that makes any character that isnt the best option with these crazy sinergies between those 5, unpickable, not completely irrelevant but for the overlapping reason to pick a character on a high-lvl tournament (the highest lvl one in this case), yes, irrelevant.

I’m betting (nothing i dont gamble) she’s gonna still be the best tank to play at GM lvl where trying to replicate the OWL team comp aint always gonna go well, we’ll c though, and its not like any other change is happening until SE02.

Never heard about that story but I suppose you’re right though :joy:

Ah yes, yeah ure right.

She had 0% playtime. That’s completely irrelevant!

She’s not even the best tank now! Zarya is. And yes, Zarya’s getting a nerf. But so is D.Va!

2 Likes

As did every single other character pretty much, other than those 5, Orisa had like 2% pickrate cuz Danteh was trolling a bit on her, does that make all of them irrelevant?

No it doesnt, specially for the ladder enviroment.

No i mean, on the Nov 15h Patch, her nerfs are nothingburgers imo.

Zarya though got obliterated with those changes.

OWL disagrees

1 Like

Again? didnt i just say theres a ton of reasons OWL meta is what it is?

Ima give u a hint , its not cuz D.va is weak.

Irrelevant. It’s crazy to nerf non-meta heroes who are traditionally much better at higher ranks and aren’t doing well in the preview of the patch at said higher ranks where they are usually better performing.

1 Like

Looked it up btw to make sure I had the details right, the incident that made them accept that they were real was that one was actually recorded by equipment on an oil platform in 1995. Just in case you ever recount the story I won’t have misinformed you, lol.

Its a little crazy, yes, this is a prediction i’m doing, ofc, and all of this is a little irrelevant cuz we will know for sure when the Nov 15th patch drops and the playerbase plays it, plus any changes that come only come on Dec 6 so we have plenty of time to dissect the meta then.

By then we’ll be sure on what changes to focus on, the real issue at hand and why i say these things is to put a focus on how D.M is an unfun and a little problematic ability and IF she seems too strong still after nerfing maybe they oughta target that next, for the overrall fun of the game, and shouldnt that be how you change a game?

lol now i’m curious.