Defense Matrix is the problem not D.Va's damage

Seriously? A spread nerf and 10 DMG off an already insignificant ability?"

That’s not what’s make her oppressive, it’s the fact that her massive anti-skill ability is constantly up and has next to no downtime

8 Likes

Its mainly her burst.
Missiles does ~125dmg over 1.5sec.
Boosters is 25dmg.
217 primary fire dmg over 1.5sec as well.
That’s 368 dmg in pure burst not including damage missed or any compensated from headshots.

Nerfing her burst helps reduce her ability to confirm kills. Honestly, I’ve not really seen Dva that bad in many games. Probably since Zarya is doing very well right now and just eats through everything Dva does. Every missile salvo is a free 40dmg pretty much.

7 Likes

D.Va’s critbox is still huge and in the front of her meka where everyone can easily hit it. There’s no secondary tank for her to play off of or hide behind when she gets low. D.Va has no other measure to protect herself other than defense matrix and, if you gut that, she’ll probably be worse than Roadhog. It’s better to reduce her damage potential so she isn’t as rewarded for risky maneuvers than destroying her only ability that allows her to protect herself and her team.

Also is it really any less skillful than Rein holding his shield? Zarya bubbling someone? I definitely think nerfing her is warranted, but Zarya obliterates her so hard that it pretty much necessitates a swap. If DM turns out to be too strong still, I’m sure they’ll change it in some way.

9 Likes

B-b-but it’s not fair that my SKILLFULL “Look at someone and press Q” tactic can be prevented by some LOW SKILL “Look at someone and press RMB” tactic!

5 Likes

Blizzard only wants Hog to 1shot people for some reason. So since D.Va was doing it with boosters/m1/melee combo, Blizz sounded the alarms.

Matrix is her mitigation and is why she can survive right now. Her damage was actually too high for her mobility. The nerfs are appropriate imo, but Hog 1shots still exist, so I dunno.

3 Likes

But they reduced her burst dmg by like 30 dmg, thats less than 10% reduction, and thats only on characters with slimmer hitboxes, the only reason D.va aint picked on OWL rn i think is cuz Winston has better synergies with Kiriko, is just as Overpowered and can counter Soujourn better. (Defense Matrix doesnt work against Overcharge for some Geoff Goodman reason)

I would really rather D.va does not become a D.M bot, and they choose to reduce that to 2s while compesating her somewhere, if it was me, i’d reduce it and then let her fire her cannons while using D.M.

Can Roadhog fly every 4 seconds and go anywhere? No.

Does Roadhog have armor? No.

Can Roadhog block anything and negate almost any projectile? No.

That is why he gets to have his “”“one shot”"" which is more like 3 shots.

2 Likes

you just need to learn to play around that

Not all dmg and kills are free

3 Likes

His “”“one shot”"" is also countered by the same flying armored character with better dmg than Reaper.

Thats the problem, theres no “playing around” D.M, you just wait it out , if they dont kill you in the time you cant do anything but run, then you can maybe play the game again, D.M is one of the most unfun abilities in the game imo.

Its even unfun for the D.va player, since all you do is press/hold right click in a general direction.

1 Like

yea, thats the playing around

Dont attack when you know DM is up

and you can know when it isnt if she just uses it

4 Likes

Thats very little playing around imo, super opressive ability, if it was me, i’d always reduce that aspect of D.va whenever theres a chance to nerf her, its not like DMG mitigation is all that necessary for tanks anymore.

with the amount of dmg in this game I beg to differ

4 Likes

Theres less overral dmg in OW2 than OW1 btw, its part of the reason they reduced Reins/Sigma’s shields by 33%, but for some Geoff Goodman lvl reason, they increased D.M by 50%.

Sojourn enters the chat

Sombra uncloaks from the shadows

Genji double jumps around you

Mercy Pockets her dps buddy on the high ground

Zen discords you

The DPS passive enters from the left

Dive…dives you

2 Likes

I see all that, and raises you an 1 less tank player on each team, wich did overall more dmg than DPS characters.

Theres less dmg overrall, the dmg just actually has more chances to hit things other than barriers/immortal tanks now.

Which means one less person to protect their team…

3 Likes

So? thats for each side, thats basically the point of reducing 1 tank player (among other reasons, like Q times and overral role fun)

So that leaves us with what, 50% of OW1’s tanking left to handle 75% of OW1’s damage?

4 Likes

Not exactly since they buffed the tanks and nerfed alot of the DPS (but then introduced Sojourn, lol)

So more like 75% of OW1 tanking and 70% of OW1’s dmg, unless your team has an good Sojourn.

but with only 1 tank, Dva needs DM like this otherwise she and her team will be melted

2 Likes