Dear Sombra Mains

I’m confused. That is what I mean.

Essentially a stun, but longer than a normal stun (as most have fallen to less than a second). If somebra has a like 1.75 second stun, this isn’t going to kill dva, who already has a 2 second ability cool down. But it will be devastating on McCree

Mei can always freeze you, Widow can always kill you in one shot. Does that make them unstoppable? Hacks are nothing if there is no follow up.

3 Likes

Sombra works more when there is an Ashe, S76, Cree, or Widow make as main DPS. She sucks if the other DPS is a diving like her

Sugar Skulls on hacked targets
A small damage threshold to interrupt her, like say 5 damage. Even Fitzy will get plans destroyed because of stray damage on occasion. I remember one time he got decloaked while he was hiding near the point on Hanamura by a D.va pellet that didn’t even do damage to him. It was that far away. That’s not reasonable.
5 damage interrupt would lose importance as you ranked up because less stray fire.

1 Like

This. I’d kill for 6mps base movement and old Translocator back. 4s/2s CD TL was SO much better.

Also this, Hack is easily the buggiest ability in game.

I wouldn’t say no to 50% falloff instead of 70%, and better visuals/an in game audio call out on Hack either.

Adamantly disagree, as a Sombra main Widow is the last DPS partner I want to see.

1 Like

But in the other hand, she’s awesome when the entire team dives with her

Hack is far more powerful/disabling, because it lasts longer, ruins more gameplay, and is far easier to pull off. Mei has a shorter range, and it takes longer to freeze. Widow has to be a decent shot, and there are barriers and tons of counterplay. Hack would have no counterplay, and you could disable characters with ease who are using channeled ults like Barrage, Death Blossom, Whole Hog, etc.

1 Like

Make her comms the absolute priority. As in it doesn’t matter whether the team has their comms muted or not, Sombra’s mic will still be heard.

Yes there are those Sombras that don’t use comms, but atleast actually make it useful for those of us that do.

Take power away from hack and EMP and give her more of an actual kit.

1 Like

They’ve done that over and over. All it’s done is make her more inconsistent and unreliable each time.

3 Likes

She can’t be buffed while hack/emp exist. These are very underrated abilities and imo one of the most powerful in the game.

She’s always going to be underpowered or overpowered and if she is ever overpowered I truly think she might be worse than Genji now.

Those suggestions were thrown around and around so many times again and again…

The tp cooldown could be shorter so you can use it more to jump around.
Also invis sprint speed faster. After the rework it still feels like running under watter.
Extend the sprint speedboost to cover cloaking/decloaking period.
Maybe decloak shorter? She’d feel more fluid, but it’d probably be anoying to play against.
Add like 10 dmg treshold to her abilities.
Maybe maker her a bit quieter.
Improve the visual effect of hacked heroes, maybe add a voiceline for a succesfull hack.

But I don’t think these would make her more “viable”, just more fluid and fun to play. You can make her work as she is, you just have to get the timing right and get in the moment they can’t afford to pay attention to you.

If you really wanted to push her into better numbers you could do things like have Hack cancel Inspire, make the TP indestructible again, make hack last longer and give her like… 20 more ammo or +1 dmg.

Another option could be to tighten her hitbox or make her stance not so wide and give her 6 m/s movement speed like Genji / Tracer have.

She could have in the past and was used as an ult-bot exclusively by abusing this.

Do you sell paper???

There are also topics like this:

Also @Somvra made a few topics in the past

Also let’s not forget this thread

2 Likes

No just plastic, cuz it’s fantastic.

I don’t get your post though, what does this mean?

The first thing she needs is the sugarskulls on hacked targets. Maybe even show them as purple through the walls. Heck, make the whole hacked character purple!
Another thing would be to add some X amount of damage to interrupt the hack. Just to keep the stray D.va bullets and such from interrupting it.

They could also give her a voiceline for the hack. Much like Echo will tell you which character she copied.

1 Like

The biggest issue for the rest of the ladder is that Sombra relies on teammates making up for the difference in firepower and requires a stupidly aggressive tank line and other DPS, and that’s just unreasonable for most of the ladder. Fixing this in a way that doesn’t cause problems in T500 is gonna require an extensive rework, and I’m honestly not sure the best solution is gonna come from someone who likes the current kit.

3 Likes

Lol you think silencing > hard disable like Mei?

Earth shatter, McFlashbang, sleep dart and Mei freeze/blizzard has the same effect.

You want to try again?

1 Like

old translocator

• 20 sec
  • unbreakable
  • 4 sec cooldawn

old stealth

OR

make some changes like this

• now on resources - 1 sec without stealth = + 1 sec in stealth
  • max time 6 sec
  • 75% speed
  • no collision sound
  • can contest
  • no cooldawn beetween use
  • cannot be interrupted if incoming damage was less than 5 dmg ( Sombra will Shine a little but won’t come out of stealth )

Hack

• cast time 0.8 sec
  • duration 6 sec
  • no cooldawn if it canceled
1 Like

Autonomy.

You can’t base a hero’s entire kit around people being 6 stacked, all in comms, coordinating together. It’s not realistic.

She needs a kit that gives her independence and not full team reliance to ever be viable. Period.