Dear Sombra Mains

Revert Translocator and Stealth to their pre-infinite states. (Which includes unbreakable Translocator and faster speed during Stealth)

Get rid of the 2 sec cooldown nonsense and/or revert the LoS checks.

EMP can stay as it is I guess.

1 Like

Then let’s add 2 second cooldown “interruptions” to every other hero in the game so things will be more “fair”.

A revert. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

So 0 counterplay for hack? Yeah sure! Why not?

No. A rework. Hack is too controversial ability to balance. It’s too frustrating to play against and clunky to play with it even in middle-viable state.

Widow can one-shot any hero that isn’t a Tank with crazy range. Hog (a Tank btw) can one-shot any hero that isn’t a Tank by just walking up to them. Mercy can revive. Mei can freeze. Several heroes in the game can stun. But disabling abilities with an inconsistent targeted ability that takes forever to get off is controversial.

Not all heroes rely on their abilities. You can still shoot, you can still back up. Hack isn’t as detrimental as you’re making it out to be. She was better in her original iteration.

that would make tank player rage quit lol

imagine keep hacking your enemy rein so your team rein can free shatter their whole team…

yeah not bad idea

but it also should not as easy to interupt it, maybe 20 damage cap before it got cancelled? so no random dva bullets from accros map cancel it

Not me. I agree with you 100%. But streamers, media, and 99% of the player base do not agree with you. And that’s why we can’t have hack in the game.

1 Like

The problem is the players, not the hero. Always has been.

2 Likes

Every hero is unique. This is a dumb argument. Nobody applies hack to people after positioning perfectly because invisibility allows them to do it. Sombra is unique and requires unique counterplay.

1 Like

Media, lol wut?

There’s only 2 things I would like Sombra to have and that is:

1 - No interruptions when damaged while hacking and
2 - Her translocator doesn’t get destroyed when she dies.

Considering number 2, when junkrat dies, his landmines and traps stay where they are. Same thing applies to symmetra and torbjorn with their turrets and orisa and winston with their shields so why does sombra’s teleporter get destroyed when she dies? Doesn’t make sense.

I 100% agree

1 Like

Exactly, I rather have the downtime reduce than hack interruptions.

I have a total of eight minutes played on Sombra, but if she got movement speed buffs, I’d definitely try playing her. From the outside looking in, it seems like Sombra spends more time running back than anything else.

Yes, she is useless outside of EMP in most cases unless she catches somebody off guard but that is not consistent. To farm emp she has to make several tiny engagements over and over again but that creates significant downtime for her in combat. She needs to have smaller downtimes between her micro engagements.

2 Likes

Honestly, revert her stealth and translocator changes. Sombra has a low damage output, so you need to absolutely minimise downtime between engagements for her to be viable. Her old kit encouraged that, but her new kit not only encourages slower gameplay, but the slower stealth movement flat out forces it. The only change that should realistically stay is the ability for Sombra to cancel her translocator.

There are a couple of other ideas I’ve had:

• let her stealth be resource based instead of cool down based. It gives her more flexibility in stealth and rewards players who don’t overuse it.
  • reload her weapon on EMP. I think this will just help Sombra followup on her own ult, which is something she struggles with anyway
  • slight damage increase on players marked with opportunist. This may be controversial, but I think Sombra being able to more easily pick off low health heroes makes perfect sense. It lets her stay in the backline taking out stragglers which is pretty much what her kit currently encourages. She can’t just one clip any hero like tracer, but she’s not flat out weak either.

Interesting idea. I think it could work, buffing her base kit at the cost of funneling some power away from her hacking abilities.

One idea I had that I think, sadly, is beyond this game’s ability to handle, is Hack being reworked to affect broad groups of traits. Make it a modular ability instead. I posted some about it here. The idea being that it feels more fair and lets her specialize and coordinate more, while freeing up some power budget.

Communication. You need to call out your hacks so that people can go for those targets. You need to try and go for squishies in the enemy back line (supports like zen, Ana, bap, mercy) try to combo your ult, don’t just use it when you are alone and nobody is there to follow up, that is just a waste. And also just know when to swap. If sombra rlly isn’t working and nobody is communicating or nobody is using even just the i game voicelines to talk, then it might be time to swap.

That’s my advice for you! :slight_smile: I love playing sombra and I’ve used all of this to help me improve!