Dear Sombra Mains

I’m hoping Fitzy will see this, or someone who watches his streams can tell me

What does Sombra need to be more viable? Obviously, Fitzy plays her in GM/Top 500 already, but what does she need to become a better pick for the rest of the ladder without making her OP in top ranked play? Is she a sleeper pick as it is? I’ve barely played her

1 Like

A rework.

8 Likes

I would say rid of the hack interruptions, or make it so she can gain ult charge when somebody uses her hacked health packs.

Just one though. Either hacks will be easier, or there will be more EMPs in one match.

Minimise the downtime between her engagements by buffing her invisibility speed and reducing translocator CD. She shouldn’t get damage buffs, nobody not even sombra mains want to be killed by an invisible soldier 76

8 Likes

Let her use hack even when taking damage. Makes her more of an initiator.

3 Likes

Are you people mad? Hack interruptions are why hack is balanced. Why would you remove counterplay

23 Likes

Better players! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not joking at all. A really good Sombra player will have an impact in almost every situation and is able to fill the role as fully qualified DPS, even with a bad team (not many ppl would say something like that, but I do). If Sombra has a weakness, it’s the amount of gamesense you need. That’s why you see Sombra more often in higher ladders than below. But what’s so bad about having heroes that require a lot of practice?! We have many heroes with different concepts, so the level of difficulty should be allowed to vary, and with varying levels of difficulty, not every hero can be equally viable in every rank.

In my humble opinion, Sombra is currently one of the best balanced heroes. Surely there would always be something that could be changed, but in general she is neither too good nor too weak. It really depends on the player himself how good Sombra is. This is something I would wish for many other heroes too. But many heroes are designed to be very easy to learn, for some heroes, this goes so far that they still have an impact, even if the player theoretically can’t really play that hero, their impact still has some value. Sombra’s design in this case is the counterpart to many other hero designs.

I’m not sure if I want to see buffs for Sombra. You can currently see with Genji how quickly you overtune it. Maybe it will work for lower ranks but in higher you play god, even more if this hero was your main before all the buffs. But you can also buff a hero with nerfing another hero. It seems to me a better idea to adjust meta heroes instead of buff all heroes that don’t seem to be working well at moment.

(I’ve been playing Sombra since release on PTR and have almost played 450h, and not that it means anything, but my endorsement level is mostly 4 although I almost only play Sombra.)

4 Likes

Quoting fitzy’s words

“Just fix her bugs (referring to LoS check breaking hack in the air) and she’s fine, no need of buffs”

And
It’s true
Sure she could use some help with an old invis and old Translocator but
Just fixing her hack so it doesn’t take longer than day 1 sombra is just perfect
All she needs

19 Likes

shes viable as is, shes just situational. that situation is having a team that communicates and follows up. Not too rare on ladder, pull her out when you wanna

Bug fixes and possibly getting rid of infinite stealth so you can buff it in a way that can give her mid-fight presence/mobility without completely screwing her.

As it is right now, everything in her kit is interrupted by laughable chip damage. Give her something to sustain herself even just a little in the middle of a fight.

3 Likes

She’s undertuned in the line up of Ashe, genji, McCree etc…but her main issue is perception.

Imo, if you ease her value on tanks, you ease her perception. And the best move to that is making hack a harder more punishing cc, that is a fraction of where it is. Which won’t punish tanks , but be devastating to everyone else

Doomfist mains (most) would rather see bug fixes instead of straight buffs and such. But will this happen? Sadly no because Blizzard would rather fix bugs like Hammond being able to crab form while grappling.

2 Likes

So true

Actually so true

I hate you blizzard…

That… sounds… awful. She wouldn’t be able to be countered because she would always get off hacks.

1 Like

2 things need to be addressed.

• downtime issue
  • bad hack UI /lack of proper follow up
2 Likes

Get a team that listens and care for your team needs. Sombra is a teamplayer, oddly enough. If they make her any more aggressive, hacking healthpacks should go away, for example, and make hack only do something like add a few seconds to CDs.

When I play her (my most played dps since the genji update for obvious reasons), and get a team that is in voicechat I essentially get messages like: nice comms, nice hacks, good sombra,etc.

But it does have that requirement: relying on and enabling teamwork.

Rein losing a shield and everything except his left click for several seconds > stun

Add a damage thresh hold to her hack cancel, kinda dumb how a D.Va across the map randomly holding m1 can cancel the only thing that makes you useful in a fight. Maybe like 25 damage instead of just any damage and revert her invis.

1 Like

Basically.

I read your message wrong. I assumed you wanted hack to be a harder CC ability than it is right now @_@