Competitive Mode Tier Distribution

Jeff, I feel these stats have changed. Would you mind posting an update.

3 Likes

Jeff is on vacation, he doesnt give a fudge cake

ehhh fix the matchmaking system for starter, then fix smurf problem if you can, then fix cheating problem. The game will be better i hope…

Tier list doesn’t equate to accuracy. No doubt top players are top players, but the lower tier gets mauled by smurfs and their inaccurate initial placement system doesn’t help for even diamond tier players. It’s a cluster of mixed rankings. Not much different from quickplay until master or above and even then there’s individuals that paid for an account or power leveling.

What baffles me is, Jeff addressed there was an issue with matchmaking and claimed they made improvements, but it’s still a mess and I don’t see any improvements because they never focused on the core issue.

1 Like

That’s a really cool statistic there. It is open for discussion about Pre-made comps vs Pug comps and actually how far they can climb. I was climbing fast in Comp, I think I was roughly 2329 (dont quote me) and then I got a string of bad pugs which crashed me down into 2209. I poured my literal heart out into all of those matches and treated Comp with Pure respect and grandeur. instead It plummeted me down. With people throwing on torb and hanzo. Honestly I would say its time for a discussion on how to prevent deliberate “Dead weight” on a team that effects comp score. So we can dial this toxicity down some. Cheers! :slight_smile:

hey jeff read this :

can u fix all of the ranks plz ?

Glad to know I’m in the bottom 8%.

interesting 1 account I am stuck in the 8%, the other account I am in the 21%. Wonder where I really fall?

I honestly think this is outdated.

Bronze: 8%
Silver: 21%
Gold: 32%
Platinum: 25%
Diamond: 10%
Master: 3%
Grandmaster: 1%

Is there a possibility to see an updated rank distribution anytime soon? I’d like to see what it is for Season 13, not Season 7-8. I feel like it’s changed a little since then, It feels like there are more diamond rank players now than ever but that could just be my experience.

4 Likes

Jeff, I got an idea for you. I linked it here. Any thoughts?

I’ve been in bronze (sub 200 SR) for almost three years. Absolutely no way whatsoever to improve or even get a fair match because I’m always put vs. silver & gold players. Why not fix it so bronze can only be vs. other bronze of 50 SR difference. At least then for once in my life I’d actually have a chance of winning a game.

Bronze players fight other bronzes, you have 763 wins in quick play and have gone 4-1 in placements so far
You also finished 861sr.
Maybe if you focused less on complaining on the forums, and more on playing the game, you’d not be ‘sub 200sr’

Well, at his elo, he’s going to have a hard time finding a good, evenly matched game with all the smurfs, trolls and throwers.

That’s not to say he won’t get smurfs on his team, or that he’ll have any worse odds. I’m just saying the majority of his games probably suck.

I believe if you devote enough time to competitive, you will eventually be placed where you belong. That’s the problem, though. It’s a slog and it’s unfun. There needs to be more mobility through the rankings, for better or worse.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad. I’ve been gaming since 1985, and placed bronze. The ranking is arbitrary. I got bored of the game a long time ago. I have limited game time now, so I play much better games. Might reinstall this just for the hell of it, it would be something to do while I’m drinking on occasion.

The 4-1 placement matches have all been because of a master-level carry. I had nothing to do with it, no-one on our team did besides them.

can we get a new one?

2 Likes

I will post one tonight.

How about by region?

I mean you kinda called everyone higher than you no life, unemployed, fat, live at homes, etc on a public forum.

Not sure you’d do too well in the spotlight either. But that’s normal - most people hold others to moral standards they have never met.

I would have to agree 100%. But since blizzard is the only ones who can see the actual numbers we will never really know the truth.