Blizzard state-wide Sanctioned event, great idea?

I got to thinking something that would be really great. In order to Kick off Overwatch League HYPE more. Is maybe an “Amateur” division. Where Each state (lower US 48) had a week-long event in Each major city, in state. Where Blizzard has a “pug event” and players could sign up to play. For amateur league playing.

I just went to a MAJOR LAN party sponsored in my state and we had an Overwatch meet and played Competitive mode. I actually did MUCH better than my Normal SR with the people teamed up with. SO I got thinking this would be a great idea if this was an official sanctioned event hosted by Blizzard instead.

This would be excellent promotions as well as if there was a separate Competitive rating for this. 1 week long. Signups, no restrictions for level to enter. Blizzard could have their Merch there. + Entry fee. Yes, it is a big thing, where they would need Professional drivers to truck in official computer hardware and all of the gear. But it very well could take the nation by storm.