Comp DC penalty

So there is one main problem I have with the penalty of comp and that is if you DISCONNECT FROM THE GAME you are still penalized ESPECIALLY if its the game servers fault

1 Like

These are artificial adjustments to your SR and will fix itself over the course of a few games.

calm down…

Its not the game servers fault, it will never be blizz’s fault for a dc. Its always on you.

calm down…

1 Like

Here is how I think it should work:
Leave once- 1 hour comp ban
Leave twice- 10 hour comp ban
Leave three times- 24 hour comp ban
Leave four times- 1 week comp ban
Leave five times- 30 day comp ban
Leave 6 times- full comp season ban, plus 1 week overall ban

Your leaves reset every two seasons, and your seventh leave would just be like the sixth

Why do you care? If it’s rare, then it shouldn’t matter. It’s just a small amount of SR and a short ban. If it’s common, then you’re a douchebag for playing comp.

I feel you dude. I have lost over 500 SR do to DCs. So many times I have my ult, and I dc, and because I lose my ult we lose. So many times at the end of the game I DC, and lose 50 SR. so many times

@Tuosan Wtf? calling a dude a douchbag for having bad internet? Quickplay is full of throwers, and if you want any gold guns you need to play comp. We have to play comp. and a small amount of SR? its 50 sr. more than 2 games of sr(most of the time). and we cant regain SR if we get banned. and do you know how tilting it is to get banned because you got disconnected? You’re on a winstreak, you disconnect and your team wins, but you lose? Shut up. most people dont have good internet.

Just leave the game and play something else.

If you make the decision to play when you know there’s a good chance you’ll get a dc, then you have no right to complain about getting punished. Most of the time your team won’t win unless if you dc near the end of the game. So you’re still ruining games for other people.

50 sr is not much. 2 games out of the tens or hundreds of games you play in a season? Trust me when I say that you will be much happier when you stop caring about small amounts of sr.

The ban is also very short (unless if you have already left the game multiple times earlier). You can just go play arcade, play custom games or make yourself a sandwich and be back playing comp before long.

And this right here is why golden weapons should never have been added to the game. But if golden weapons are the only thing you care about, why do you even play after you’ve done your placements?

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new post in the technical discussion forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

I really agree with this, but not your overall points. Comp is the only way that some people have fun, and for it to be ruined by one guy is horrible. Also, if you intentionally leave because you are going to lose, why lose 50 and possibly get suspended, instead of playing it out and losing 20?

The best part is when you are still playing and get to lose SR (even if you were convincingly winning before a teammate DC/leave) rather than just get a flat 0 SR change while the winners get a win.

I mostly play comp because I have better teammates, but quite a lot of my friends play comp for gold guns.