fun is subjective

what you find fun might be boring for me

… is this… satire?

Yes, say what’s fun in your opinion

mercy being mechanically harder

but thats never gonna happen

1 Like

I’ll take a stab at it.

Ult changed - Rez moved to ult. This is not mass rez. Ult charge greatly reduced (not sure on specific number). Cast time removed, range increased to 8M from 5M.

The goal here is to remove rez as a baseline part of the kit and make rez an earned ability. To compensate, rez no longer has a cast time and has slightly increased range. This will help make the Mercy player feel good and be able to safely tempo rez important team mates when they are doing well.

E - Changed to Valkyrie. Time changed to 5 seconds, 15 - 20 second CD. Healing increased to 65 - 70 (numbers again, not exact.) Chain beams removed OR reduced to one chain beam (not sure which is fair, would love to test what feels good).

Valk as an ult is hard to appreciate while being deceptively strong. I think this is because while in ult, Mercy does the same thing she normally does but doesn’t make a noticeable game changing move like a transcendence or sound barrier. It is strong because it still puts out good healing and or damage boost for the team while giving mercy tons of safety for 15 seconds which is a long time for anyone who knows how to stay safe during GA making you really difficult to kill.

The goal is to make Valk feel like a more impactful part of Mercy’s kit without actually shifting its power too much. Moving this to a base ability also allows Mercy to display more of her own skill and make meanintful decisions. Do you save Valk for when you are being pressured hard to try and stay alive and have a better escape? Or do you save it for when your team is taking heavy bursts of damage and need more healing now? This lets Mercy do what she is designed for in a more meaningful engagement. Likewise, this also gives the enemy a meaninful choice to try and pressure Mercy and force Valk out of hee early so she doesn’t have her major healing CD / escape for herself when you really want to lay the pressure on with say an ult.

Those are my changes. I wanted to try and strike a compromise between old and current mercy. Current Mercy is hard to appreciate outside of her rez and has little room to display impactful skill. This change will give Mercy more midfight potential while removing one of the more frustrating aspects to her kit. Additionally, Valk as a baseline ability should be more interesting as an ult due to the range in mobility and hwaling increase, giving Mercy herself more to do overall.

I know not everyone would like these ideas. I am open to feedback and or suggestions. The goal really isn’t to make her OP or nerf her, but to keep her power level around the same while giving her both more potential and a more enjoyable experience for both herself and her enemies.

1 Like

Go read that.
Keeps her power level similar in terms of healing.
It also removes resurrect, and gives back something less powerful and more skillful. But with the right timing and skill, it DOES make Mercy stronger than now. But, as I said: timing and skill is needed for that.

Well if you’d like to take a shot on how to do that, I’d like to read it.
There’s no wrong answer here

Mercy

• Revert healing nerf

Resurrect

• Now works on a resource meter (requires 30 seconds of straight healing)
  • No longer slows Mercy
  • Cast time reduced to 1.25 seconds

Valkyrie

• Duration reduced to 10 seconds
  • Only heals Mercy for 10hps while taking damage.
  • Beam range reduced to 20 meters
  • Initial beam heals for 75hps
  • Chain beams heal for 50hps

Another fun tweak is to create a need to prioritize beam targets while in Fancy Spectator Cam:

Beam target is healed for 140hps and 30% damage boost
Chain heals are 40hps and 30% damage boost

(4*20 = 80 hps is taken away from chain.
60hps + 80hps = 140hps for main target.
Damageboosts are unchanged
Result: Fancy Spectator Cam has the same healing strength, but has much more powerful heals for the main target)

I’ve been toying around with the idea of Rez activating your flight ability for a couple seconds, this would increase Mercy’s slipperiness even more and would give her more directional options to dodge headshots and reposition

Also I’ve said it countless times now lol, make valk single target and add a healing wave on activation (Q press) for a flat 200 hp on every hero in a radius around her, this would have the same impact of mass rez without the negativity of gameplay reversal since it would require accurate timing and coordination to enact a full team restore

See if you put Rez as an earned ability, then I think the best way to do it is to give a sense of urgency to it. So how does this sound:
Rez cast time reduced to 1 second,
Mercy is capable of getting it every 30 seconds, maybe even faster, still if she does well, but she’d need to use Heal, attack boost, and damage to optimize it. And she has 10 seconds to use it once it’s maxed out.

Revert to Mercy 1.0 but replace invulnerability with dmg reduction

2 Likes

Can we remove Rez and Valk? If so, I think this could potentially work if the numbers are tuned correctly:

Step one: Combine damage and heal beam into one. More utility rather than raw heals. Those healed don’t need as much heals as enemies die quicker for them while being healed. Also frees up space for another new ability.

Step two: In now free slot, add new ability. I personally would put some kind of overheal here, to make vulnerable targets less vunerable.

Step three: change Valk from chain beams, to aura. Allows Mercy to fight while supporting in Valk, giving her much more punch during it, and most of all, it’s fun!

3 simple changes, to make Mercy simply better.

Allow her to throw her healing stick on the ground, having it do autopilot heals, while she goes and blasters stuff in the face.

🍢 [Mercy] Spear of the Valkyrie

i would say, mass rez

Step 1 - Healing

• Revert to 60HPS. She was weak on release with it at 50, she’s weak now with it.

Step 2 - Resurrect

• Bin it off. Ability Rez is unbalanceable, Mass Rez would cause a huge backlash, it’s easier to just limit it to Junkerstein and Uprising (as Mass Rez) only and avoid the hassle it causes.

Step 3 - Valkyrie

• Now a standard E ability
  • 12 second cooldown
  • 6 second uptime (cooldown doesn’t begin until after the uptime ends)
  • Free Flight
  • No other benefits it currently has

Step 4 - Ultimate

• New ultimate = Salvation
  • Mercy goes full Gandalf and thrusts her staff into the ground
  • All teammates below 50% health are delivered from harm, with their new health being full health minus what they were at (eg a 10hp Genji suddenly has 190hp, a 75hp Bastion now has 225hp, a 199hp Orisa now has 201hp, a 1hp Hog now has 599hp etc)
  • Very high ult charge required

The ultimate acts similarly to the concept of Mass Rez, but with a lot more risk of things going wrong. Ult too early, and your teammates only get a minimal increase in health. Ult too late, and your teammates die from taking too much damage. No need to change any ult line, because Heroes never die!!! still fits saving a teammate from near certain death. In fact it probably fits better because Rez required them to die.

Making Valk an ability, and free flight only, is what it should have been from the beginning.

I feel like that kinda infringes on orisa’s ult a bit no?

Great. Now I want a hero that can control “dead” heroes like a marionette puppet.

Would just be the healing.

Orisa Ult does damage boost.