Cannot express how much I HATE QP now

QP has its flaws but it should be fluid and open to pretty much whatever. I get not allowing 6 of the same character like before, but role lock SUCKS.

I hate HATE HATE it…it really makes me not want to play.
I get a role lock with competitive and specific role based play…but this is ridicules.

Stock is down and it’s this type of decision making at the root.

9 Likes

I personally love it, QP matches are much more balanced and you can tell the quality of my games are much better.

22 Likes

then play competitive…The fact is that there are certain times where being able to be flexible is needed. This completely kills all flexibility

4 Likes

The role limits in qp are a bug. Classic qp will be in the arcade starting september first and role queue will be coming to qp the same day.

You’ll be able to pick whether or not you would like to use role queue then.

3 Likes

First day of Role Que in action. Can confirm it is complete dog sh** and killed the game entirely for me. I played many games to see how it would play out. The first one, we had to rely on two tanks with the iQ of a walnut feeding the enemy team and never grouping. Nobody was able to swap to cover slack, people left the game, backfill came in and raged, it was a total mess. Each game after was something similar, or was over in a matter of 2 minutes.
I don’t know who’s bright idea it was to think that having less options and less creative freedom would equal a better game experience.

5 Likes

Also qp will be getting mmr to help keep everyone you’re playing with around the same level.

Which is opposite of how it should be IMO.

I disagree. I’ve already played too many matches where I’m a tank and no one wants to kill the Pharah.

And no, I don’t think Orisa’s very good for stopping Pharah. If you have to focus on Pharah, you can’t look at the enemies in front of you trying to break your shield to kill you.

1 Like

The role limits in QP right now are a bug and not supposed to be there (yet), but I gotta say, I just played a few matches and it felt great. Matches already feel much more even, even when we were losing just because I’m not getting insta-deleted due to a lack of tanks or supports.

3 Likes

@puffypony-1639 it’s always the other players isn’t it :rage:

1 Like

Hilarious. It’s a bug that’ll probably be patched within hours.

1 Like

I feel much the same about Supports

“Oh, just have the Baptiste take care of it.”

Yeah, so while im putzing around with that, everyone can scream they’re not getting enough healing.

Sounds like a fantastic idea :roll_eyes:

Or you can play arcade.

doubt it - seems intentional and being called a bug because it sucks

2 Likes

Role queue being implemented should alleviate some of that.

I’ve been explicitly told by Tech Support that its a bug. I doubt they’re lying to me.

Its not forced Role Lock. Its a bug. They are working on fixing it.

Indeed. It’s incredibly frustrating when your ranged DPS ignore the rocket shooter in the sky. My rule is “If you can see Pharah, shoot Pharah. And if you cannot see her, shoot her anyway.”

Honestly don’t feel like playing anymore.

2 Likes

Even if it is, Role Q for QP is a terrible idea, especially, for DPS. QP games dont last nearly as long as most Comp games.

So, whos going want to wait around 10 minutes or more to play a match about half as long? At that point, you’re better off just going to competitive. At least there you can get some comp points

2 Likes