Can we please get an update on Reinhardt?

It has been quite some time since we were told that Reinhardt was getting his abilities rebuilt from the ground up, and since we were assured that he would get his bugs fixed. Since then, we’ve also had all kinds of new bugs and stealth nerfs (animation cancels). We were also told that the interactions between him and Brigitte would be altered to make playing Reinhardt feel a little better. Speaking of which (and kind of on an unrelated note), it really does not feel so good getting stunned, booped, and knocked around so much.

Can we please get an official response on where the team is at with him? That would be amazing, thanks!

52 Likes

I’d love to hear a response to what’s going on with Rein, what the Devs think of his position, the stealth nerfs, the bug fixes and all but not gonna lie I’ve kinda lost hope by now… so I honestly doubt they will at this point.

3 Likes

Reinhardt definitely needs help. He doesn’t have his animation cancels anymore, he needs all of his bugs fixed, and something that doesn’t make him become a volleyball.

5 Likes

Yeah, it really does feel awful at times for this reason.

2 Likes

The sheer fact that they let this go this long, without so little as an acknowledgment that he’s been bugged more so than before, is completely ridiculous…

9 Likes

i would also like to hear news but, i would to say that they are trying to focus on their work right now but…i know nothing

1 Like

as for the new animation…well i see it as simply getting rid of false reports of bugs because of the animation showing that it should of hit, but the system saying that it didnt, which you respect the system, instead of the animation

agreed. Hell, I’d take them saying that they’re phasing animation cancels out at this point.

I want an update on the overall health of the game as I am seeing a lot of bugged heroes now more than ever in this current patch.

But I agree, our favorite tank need an update.

6 Likes

Fixing Reinhardt is their job.

Everyone is literally frustrated right now about Reinhardt and his bug & stealth nerfs, and despite all the threads and topics we made the devs are yet to right a response.

Where’s the balancing team, and what are they doing?
Why haven’t they fixed all of these old bugs?
Why are new bugs popping up with every patch?
Why did you nerf him, and not mention it in the patch notes?
And what happened to APRIL??

I’m going to lose my mind, I don’t want this to continue…

8 Likes

Mmm, I definitely agree they should be more vocal.

I wouldn’t expect a miracle though. CC is making a lot of heroes unfun to play, not just Rein. They never said they were changing his situation with Brig, just that they were talking about it. Now that her CD has increased by 40%, maybe they’re no longer really thinking about doing something for him there.

As for animation cancels… honestly, the ideal way to play any hero shouldn’t be animation cancels. They should say if they are doing these changed, but the changes themselves are fairly agreeable.

But I have to admit I’m confused as to why they pushed that earthshatter change to live. What even is that meant to be for.

1 Like

Nah, they did say that they’re changing the interactions between him and Brigitte if my memory serves me right. Brigitte wasn’t the core problem, she just highlighted it and the least thing they could do is to change the interactions between the two.

As for animation cancels, it’s allowed as long as other characters has them and saying otherwise is nonsense. Characters like Genji and Tracer use them all the time, and the developers themselves built Brigitte’s Shield Bash+Melee+Whip Shot combo that counters Tracer on animation canceling. And if Reinhardt is getting his removed then they should also get rid of Genji’s, Brigitte’s and basically everyone else’s animations. It’s either all of them are ok, or none of them or ok.

What I find funny is that they were “considering” buffing Reinhardt, and then proceed to stealth nerf him with no mention or patch notes.

That’s all I’m going to say, for now.

4 Likes

Unless there was a new interview I missed, the last time they mentioned it they merely said they were talking about it.

And, generally in the past they said that animation cancels are left to ensure that heroes feel good provided it doesn’t just become incorporated into the way you are meant to play the hero.

For instance, Moira meleeing into fade isn’t particularly the Moira meta and it isn’t a massively useful strategy, it’s just so the hero feels responsive. Similarly, Genji isn’t prevented from climbing whilst sheathing his blade, but he is prevented from fan-melee-swiftstrike comboing as that was just his meta without changing his responsiveness much.

With Rein, the optimal way to play him was to constantly animation cancel. Whilst he absolutely deserves to be able to shield the moment he needs to (e.g., he’s mid swing and he sees a sleepdart, he should be able to block it). What he doesnt deserve is having the ability to bunnyhop/shield between swings as his optimal means of engagement.

1 Like

Nope, go back and read the last interview they talked about Reinhardt.

And going by your logic about animation canceling, Genji shouldn’t be able to swing his sword then immediately dash with his swift strike, Ana shouldn’t be able to quick scope and get that removed, Doomfist shouldn’t be able to cancel his primary fire animation with upper cut or slam.

And back to Brigitte who’s her combo is the definition of animation canceling…

Reinhardt didn’t just get his animation canceling removed (bunny hopping), he also received stealth nerfs in which they added a delay in his shield to activate/deactivate, and he’s no longer able to swing his hammer until his shield fully deactivate.

I’m going to say it again, it’s either all animation cancels are ok, or none of them are ok.

1 Like

Got a link to that interview? Must be one I didn’t see then, and I can’t find it.

And Ana can’t animation cancel, she just has short animations. Snipers did originally have proper animation cancels, but that got removed. Doomfist’s primary isn’t something with a duration. Genji swinging into dash is a bit more questionable, but I could swear that can’t be cancelled until it hits.

I agree Brigitte is dumb though.

Yes, everything you’re saying is true, but removing these animation cancels for Reinhardt is an absolutely massive nerf to what was a balanced hero (even with the animation cancel) and it reduces the skill cap on a hero that needs every bit of it he can get. In my opinion, if this was an intended change he deserves compensation.

2 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better myself… and Blizzard needs to speak up about these changes because there’s the possibility of them being new bugs.

3 Likes

Rein, doom, sombra, and now hog are all super bugged. At least rein is still in the meta and quite playable. He by far one of the mot picked heroes.

Junkrat says hi
20 hit detection errors

1 Like

I agree.

Hopefully at the bare minimum it should come in the form of reliability elsewhere in his kit.

3 Likes