Rein is now a bigger problem hero than Mercy

Sure, keep quoting you little “stat page” that doesnt mean anything anymore. If thats how your playing, then in gm brig is twice as relevent as moira. Brig is easily countered, so people switch off, but people also switch to brig as a counter to other heroes. Sure, shes niche, but she shuts down a lot of heroes that would body rein, such as tracer. Her pulse bomb nerf was BECAUSE it hirt rein too much, and brig helps to put dive away. Dive counters rein, so yea, brig is niche because nobody plays dive anymore.

Actually, it was just an extremely minor nerf to her missiles, which doesnt change anything about her relevance

A 22% nerf is “extremely minor?” Could’ve fooled me when we’ve had multiple threads (at least one of which had 100+ likes) complaining about a compensated 25% nerf to Zarya’s Graviton. (I guess that extra 3% is the magic threshold.)

Or how a mere, a miserly, a pathetic 20% increase to Lucio’s aura size seems to be helping him enter the meta again.

Not even touching Mercy’s 17% healing reduction.

Zarya’s nerfs are actually buffs in the hands of a skilled player. The grav change doesnt have that much of an effect especially considering how a smaller grav is a stronger grav. Would you rather have 6 players pulled all together so that you cant kill anything or a 2 man grav with both healers to immediately end the fight without any wasted dragonstrikes just to secure the 6 man. Besides, the charge decay rate is a huge buff to zarya players because it allows you to hold on to bubbles longer meaning you can save bubbles for saving your teamates instead of just using them for charge. Im a zarya player. I should know

It was an explosive damage reduction. No change to impact damage. Doesnt matter on a single target, it matters if your hitting 6 targets at once.

There is a HUGE difference between a damage nerf and an aura size buff. The aura size in some situations could increase healing by 100%. There isnt an accurate representaion of how the increased aura will impact his healing numbers, so you cant compare it to a damage nerf just because the numbers are both around 20%

Orisa/DVa main getting rolled by current brawl meta and can’t avoid a charged Zarya beam.

Comes to forums to cry for nerfs because the big, bad Reinhardt’s brawl comp (which naturally counters bunker comps in most scenarios) causes their team to ask them to swap to Rein.

This is all I care to know about this thread. This all anyone should care to know about this thread. If you actually care about maintaining Rein and guarding him from nerfs, please go post in one of these (or all of them) threads focused on the bugs Rein needs fixed:

3 Likes

Bravo loyal crusader. You are loyal to the crusader cause. Long Live Reinhardt

No it wasn’t. Dive was still dominant after the DM nerf. Hence DM was not the cause for Dive.
Well, not dominant below Diamond, since it never existed there, though scrubs complained about it like it killed their unborn children.

The game wasn’t out in april 2016.
DM was keeping Roadhog’s combo in check, since it was so busted (guranteed kill on anything below 300HP). The hook combo wasn’t keeping flankers in check, since flankers dominated anyway.
Even after the DM nerf and Roadhog’s rework, he could still combo-kill flankers, and lost its primary counter. Yet flankers STILL dominated.

Sombra.
Bam, D.Va is free ult charge for the entire family.
God forbid people pick counters, when countering is the BASIS of the game.
There’s also Zarya, who simply shreds through the mech.

I’d like to come back to the “very easily circumvented” part.
That’s a BIG problem I have with the game: shields are too easy to ignore. DM at least forced the opponent to use their brain before pressing Q. But I guess that’s too much to ask, as I still see silly Zarya throwing their Graviton right into DM.

75% win rate on Orisa, but still being asked in spawn to switch. But you’re not interested in facts, and if I’d left my profile public you’d have commented on my playing Widow in QP…

You’re literally asking for buffs to a must pick hero. You’re worse than Mercy mains, at least they accept Mercy is good.

Lol. I never once, in any of my posts, asked for buffs and no, no matter how you want to twist your flawed logic, fixing his bugs does not equal a buff.
Also, I never said Rein was bad. I’ve commented on how frustrating it is to play a hero who’s abilities have such an iffy success rate.

If you have such a high winrate on your main, Rein obviously isn’t a problem for you. I that case, this thread should have started and ended with “Yes, I’m an Orisa main and I know how to play her well, stop asking me to switch just because you’re a meta slave.”

But no. You had to redirect your childish rage at a hero rather than the flawed mentality of the community.

Rein isn’t your problem, OP. Your problem is the community. If what you do works, then do it and let your team learn that meta isn’t everything. On the flip side of that coin, if you’re not performing well, be humble enough to know you need to swap in order to serve your team’s best interests.

Stop asking for my favorite hero to be nerfed because other people keep asking you to swap off of your favorite hero. We all have to deal with this at some time, you should learn to cope.

1 Like

april 2017 the 6 and 7 are right next to eachother

I thinks it’s been abundantly clear anything diamond and above are hard pressed to stick with a meta they have been abusing even after it became less effective.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA RIGHT BECAUSE A “DIAMOND” D.VA WOULD TOTALLY DITCH HER HEALERS TO SAVE ONE FLANKER NO THEY WOULDN’T. Did you just forget the range of roadhogs hook or do you think I don’t know his range has always been much further than DM, Back when roadhog had his op gun any d.va that tried to save the person I hooked and had to go out of their way to save usually ended up getting the mercy and/or zenyatta killed as my team now had something to wail on.

Flankers “still” dominate because of high mobility and small hitboxes, even low ranks they are a handful mostly because of how botched the hitboxes in this game can be, smash bros. melee has more stable hitboxes, you start jump crouching and going ape with the mouse and you are significantly harder to hit even if your doing it in one spot.

during diva meta, no even in low ranks the moment someone hears her hacking its a basic flick and spray and she can’t hack, and especially during that time you had to be upfront to do consistent damage leaving her very open to the flankers who you just said are op to have an easier time killing you.

Even in gold I have never seen someone do that, and I guess you also lost or won those matches depending on what side that clearly boosted player was on.

he’d probably be worse?

i think players would lose a lot of eliminations from fire strike and charge for starters

i mean imagine an overwatch where earthshatter isn’t child-proofed and you can actually walk into an effect that is already on the ground without getting stunned for 4 seconds

cuz i swear at least 25% of the time i go in for a melee to get the kill on a rein FROM BEHIND HIM and punch THE LITERAL ROCKET EXHAUST ON HIS BACK LOL this mf just fire strikes something he never had a chance to hit and for some reason I am dead.

fire strike’s projectile hitbox is SO FKING BIG that it literally hits you from behind Reinhardt

but yea i can also see how you could think he would be better if he wasn’t so bugged because he is doing so well despite the fact, but truth is Reinhardt has a pretty big Total Mayhem factor going for him and it’s not really disadvantaging him at all.

So people basically complained about a meta that only existed for 10% of the players and wasn’t even that overwhelming.

TL;DR DM had nothing to do with flankers dominating.

Sombra hard counters D.Va and Tracer. That’s two good reason to pick her. She’s also very mobile, and has a lot of utility. People on the ladder are just plainly too dumb to work with a Sombra. They never kill hacked targets and have trouble using hacked healthpacks (even now that they’re visible through walls).

I’ve seen Top 500 streamers throw their ult in DM then immediately complain how “DM is OP.”
It’s not about being boosted, it’s just people want their life easier. “Press Q to win.”

My only wish is that we didn’t have to depend on Reinhardt so much and that his role in the game wasn’t so impactful.

Like, the moment the enemy has him it feels like an obligation for the team to have him too. Orisa is not underpowered but most definitely situational.

abusing means it was effective for the longest time and is now the only thing they know even in low tier dive meta was hard to counter.

fixed it for ya

She does now but sense you ignored the fact that I said WHEN dive meta was obnoxious I.E before the sombra hack buff that actually made it possible to hack tracers who had a blink available.

So your saying the top 200 makes stupid mistakes and then make a joke about it because that’s what everyone was complaining about and they were making fun of it.

Im sorry wut

This happens in t500 and you think that just because someone does it in gold means their boosted?

I just choked on my sandwich.

You cant be boosted to gold. Its one of the lowest elos. Gold is where people still play quad dps in comp. Its where the majority of the widow mains hang out. Its a garbage elo, simple as that. You cant seriously think that gold is such a high rank that people don’t get their gravs eaten. Omg the community these days

Yea actually

My bad that was supposed to say “never seen in gold” (fixed it now) and if they are that stupid to pop their ult into a d.vas DM something he stated quite clearly, that had to be boosted it’s pretty easy to spot the blueish green in a cascade of black and red effects

they do make small mistakes but genius tried to use it as an excuse and say they did it all the time and complained when in actuality they were making fun of complainers

In the heat of battle? Not really

Thats what people do. Instead of admitting a mistake they blamed the game. Everyone does it, even the best of the best

except most of them were making fun of those people (we all know who i’m not counting for the T500)