❄ BTC Mei Tank Rework

Even though I don’t know if it will happen anymore.

Let’s talk about this anyway

84 Likes

It would be at least interesting to experiment this. Maybe in a game mode that is supposed to have experimental changes.

:thinking:

66 Likes

Jeff already talk about using ExC yesterday Better.

(But don’t know if that’s a “2 year Kinda soon” or not.)

3 Likes

Seeing is believing.

They said it would be used for crazy stuff when it was announced, and the only crazy thing so far was the 3-2-1 experiment.

Every other time was it just a simplified PTR mode for all platforms.

Prove me wrong devs.
Use it. Experiment.

19 Likes

I really hope Jeff sees this and is willing to give it a try. It solves several problems at once by making a dps hero who is either useless or oppressive into a tank that is much healthier for the game.

23 Likes

I said it on the other thread, I say it on this thread aswell then.

She’s not a tank, she’s a dps. Periodt.
I really hope that people wont create more threads about the same thing flooding the forums & make it a mega thread instead…

7 Likes

Never forget that BTC wanted reaper to counter old mercy rez by eating rez-able souls

7 Likes

With my exp chances are low.

Unless you guys give a 400 likes in a hour…

Then likely ring on his phone or something.

But I don’t want you guys to do that for this topic…

Because this is likely what we see for OW2 anyway.

This looks like a revert to Mei except they nerfed everything and gave her more hp to compensate :clown_face:

Being moved to tank is already a nerf to Mei because she can no longer serve as a +1 to the other 2 tanks

2 Likes

I don’t think you know Mei or listened at all to the video.

8 Likes

You can’t just keep saying that and not have anything to back it up. What makes her more DPS than tank? Because quite frankly you could give all her abilities to a tank (with some tweaks of course) and no one would bat an eye

21 Likes

So many people asking for this in an hour

2 Likes

when people say “healthier” im always late to trust it, but having a character who can heal, block, cc, and has a death combo, it probably is healthier for the game. i think she should have the combo removed so it takes coordination to pull off the kill or at least remove her freeze and make it a 60% slow so it’s not a free kill, but it’s still a good zoning tool.

1 Like

Right, but to be fair, what good is a reaper, who can’t… well… reap?

The ideas in this has been floated on the forums many many times before (except for Chill) People are keen.

1 Like

You know Mercy might have kept her old ult if Reaper did this.

Anyway that’s a different and old topic.

4 Likes

Some people just don’t like changes to their favorite hero. I mean think about all the Syms who played 2.0 or even 1.0 to an extent. I made some Moira suggestions and some of the answers i get are “oggoafj isadfjiejf”.

1 Like

The problem with that old solution is that it was such a weirdly specific counter that made zero sense considering reaper no longer ate souls at the time.

That’s like Zarya bubble only cleansing Zen orb, or Sombra hack only cancelling Moira Ult. That idea is just so bad that I’ve taken his “ideas” with a grain of salt since then . They’re always filled with backwards logic.

…Believe me, I remember.

1 Like

I’m going to make a survey on this, we’ll see whether people think she should be a tank or not.

Though I don’t see why not at least try it.

6 Likes

I know, but I’ve always like the idea from the thematic point of view.

Yeah it is a horrible way to do balancing.

But this Mei rework seems pretty good.

5 Likes