Bring back D.Va's old visuals! [Urgent Bugs + Secret Nerf!]

Now, lets make a thread about D.Va’s ugly new defense matrix visuals she recieved in 2019. They changed it so people can see “defense matrix more easily…” but in reality… it made defense matrix WORSE with her 10 meter range. The new range also doesn’t protect D.Va’s weak spot… her legs.

There’s MANY times where a zarya threw grav at my feet and I couldn’t eat it because defense matrix doesn’t TOUCH the ground. The width was changed also with the new visuals. It was a secret nerf.

The AMOUNT OF BUGS there is with the new defense matrix is also very noticable. The new defense matrix can TURN, TWIST, and not even work properly in the air. That’s why i’m calling for a REVERT of the OLD MATRIX.

If you guys DONT know what the old one looked like here:

Much more detailed, and it scales with the ACTUAL length. It shows the meters on the side, unlike the new… childish looking visuals. Nobody has even MENTIONED it on the dev team. The horrible issues which are ALL addressed in this thread:

Which are ALL compiled here. Which I came to the conclusion that it’s the new matrix visuals.

https://gamerant.com/overwatch-bug-makes-d-va-defense-matrix-even-worse/

https://www.dexerto.com/overwatch/frustrating-new-overwatch-glitch-is-making-d-va-worse-than-ever-before-1410161/

These 2 websites show the extremeness of the bugs!! If you have any issues with defense matrix PLEASE type them in my Bug report thread! Thank you!

21 Likes

NO…begone

1 Like

This change is needed for the health of D.Va.

She needs her matrix visuals reverted, it’s a big issue and nobody has talked about it.

12 Likes

I hadn’t considered that… that sounds pretty serious

1 Like

Considered… what?

That Zarya can just lob Grav at D.Va’s mech feet and Matrix won’t catch it. That’s pretty huge

Sorry for not being specific

4 Likes

I’ve experienced these problems many times. You DM a wholehog ult and still get pushed back and demeched. You try to eat Echo sticky bombs and they go right through your DM. I was covering a Zen from 5 meters away while an enemy 76 was ulting right in his face. The screen showed me eating the bullets but the Zen still died to him.

It’s driving me crazy.

2 Likes

https://preview.redd.it/h46joz8u4fr61.jpg?width=1500&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=42652764d4885c8eea3d12bb74fa1c1e3f982710

This happens to me… a lot of times…

4 Likes

I actually didn’t know that…I hope It gets reverted dva really needs it

3 Likes

I remember watching her old matrix animations when I didn’t even have the game… good times…

3 Likes

That… does not look right. Hope it gets fixed.

2 Likes

Instead of increasing the DM range, why not making it’s vertical width… Wider ? Making it a sort of big square instead of a rectangular shape

1 Like

That’s what the OLD matrix visuals covered. The new DM nerfs the width.

1 Like

Yeah old DM looks like you were actually EATING enemy bullets, while new dm is like absorbing which is nowhere near as cool

4 Likes

I’m seriously gonna have to do some research lmao I don’t remember anything about old matrix

2 Likes

Old DM was still a rectangular shape, but since it had more range and since it’s in a cone form, it made it bigger.

Blizzard didn’t really reduce the range, it’s like they sliced it for it to make 10m, meaning that the front of the DM is smaller and provides less cover

1 Like

Video up above! :’)

Here’s of the new one:

Yeah. Noticed that 33% nerf. The new visuals also didn’t help the cause at all.

1 Like

Hopefully D.va gets the love she deserves, that ExC buff was great, and some DM tweaks could easily make her much more viable.

I also hope they buff her mini-rockets, they feel very underwhelming. Imo they should make it hitscan, so D.va can actually deal with some flying characters or hitscans while still being with her team. Even if it has a damage nerf in counterpart, at least it’d be a dissuasive ability, right now I don’t really know what’s it’s point. Dive harder ?

1 Like

Okay I read the gamerant article and…this is honestly just brutal lmao…is it still like that ingame?