Bring back D.Va's old visuals! [Urgent Bugs + Secret Nerf!]

Yes. It’s almost been 2 years and no bug fixes have been addressed. :")

1 Like

I’ve had so many games in which I completely DM’d a squishy after a Hog Hook or against a Cree Fan The Hammer and it still got through, despite the HUD showing me eating the pellets/bullets.

Stuff like this is especially annoying when you consider in what a sorry state D.Va as a whole and Defense Matrix in particular are at the moment. There is no good reason to ever pick her over Hammond if DM isn’t working perfectly as intended.

So I completely second the motion to revert the changes and make DM great again.

That one is legitimate. Defense matrix hitbox is a square and you were in the air and outside of range.

See 3:11 here The Remaining Hitboxes - YouTube

Fixing the bugs is one thing but the visuals are much easier to see clearly and aren’t going anywhere.

Nah I much prefer the old visuals. They just looked cooler.

1 Like

Ever since the GOATS range nerf the ability has been a 3/4 chance dice roll of it actually working properly. Can’t count how many gravs/dragons/snowballs/dynamites I could’ve sworn I had perfectly reacted to and caught but they went through anyway, or teammates I had fully enveloped in matrix who still died from a projectile attack.

OW Devs should take a close look at the ability to resolve bugs / inconsistencies and consider increasing the range from 10 to 12 (still down from the OG length of 15)

1 Like

Agreed, now it feels similar to the old Hog hook era where very often your teammate would still die because there was a brief grace period where the pellets could travel from Hog’s gun for a short distance before DM ate them.

2 Likes

Anyone that has played a reasonable amount of D.Va since 2019 will be able to tell you that DM sometimes just doesn’t work - particularly against projectiles.

It needs to be fixed.

:champagne:

let me pop open my bottle of dva main tears

The old visuals look so much better. I don’t know why they had to change it so much just to make it more visible.

1 Like

Agreed.

The new matrix visuals are so ugly… they couldn’t have just increased the visibility of DM?

2 Likes