MAJOR Defense matrix bugs and glitches [Thread]

All 4 threads show the visuals not working as intended. These visuals obviously need to get reworked, I can’t stand this anymore.

All basic matrix glitches:

• Matrix bends while boostering in the air and looking straight or down (or at-least when i tested it).
  • Matrix visuals show you eating the pellets/projectiles yet doesn’t save the team-mate in front of you.
  • Matrix visuals slow to react to what’s happening.
  • Zarya grav can sometimes go through defense matrix when there’s other things that spawn in (i.e. shield from reinhardt, sigma, etc).

!!! Theory !!!

The New defense matrix visuals from 2019, broke the actual defense matrix. This might be a stretch, but a possible answer to these major issues D.Va experiences with her current matrix.

13 Likes

Dang, DM is much more buggy them I remember.

2 Likes

Defense Matrix is extremely inconsistent when it comes to eating Ashe’s dynamite. I’ve seen it fall right through, even when thrown in a straight arc without hitting the ground.

5 Likes

This seems to happen because:

The speed of matrix isn’t fast enough to keep up with the actual “visuals”.

5 Likes

I’ve also noticed Defense Matrix seems to have a “cast time” which I don’t know if is intentional, but feels like a bug, because there’s no animation or sound for a half-second after pressing the key. This makes it extremely difficult to feather and conserve the meter.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there was a small matrix “speed” nerf. I don’t know, but I think that’s the answer to your question. All of these issues seem to originate from 1 place:

• Defense matrix NEW visual (2019).

I don’t think there was a speed nerf but rather the new visuals slowed it down, causing it to NOT perform normally as it should.

1 Like

I agree with this heavily. Matrix feels awful. I point blank in hammer range matrixed a fire strike earlier and it went through me and killed my ana.

2 Likes

Probably because the visual didn’t match up with the speed. This happens a lot. Seems to be a issue with the new:

That was changed.

I mean I would agree but like bruh I was right in front of him

1 Like

This happens to me too, so don’t worry! LOL

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d like to add this old video of me playing d.va in QP, for some reason it showed as a visual that I ate roadhogs pellets, but the widowmaker still died.

3 Likes

It’s okay! Clearly boosters were gonna help with that!

/s

:eyes:

Thanks! This shows so much! Thank you! :)

5 Likes

And now

:relieved:
No need to thanks me

1 Like

I cannot eat Moira orbs with the defence matrix. I remember a match on route 66 where I couldn’t eat the orb that was aimed at the payload and I was standing on it.

1 Like

if I had to guess what happened here, you were just slightly too far behind the Widow. Roadhog shot, Widow was killed, and then DM ate the rest of the pellets as you flew into range. It’s not a bug as much as it is a show of how hard it is to effectively protect your team with the shorter range DM.

2 Likes

I caught another example playing today.

Ashe is on the low-ground shooting up towards Mercy. I put my matrix between the two of them, but Mercy still takes a hit. The first two screenshots are from my PoV just as Mercy takes damage, the tracer doesn’t show up until a frame after. The third-person pov give and idea where ashe is shooting from and where matrix was positioned, and the video to show the timing from my PoV.

imgur .com/a/C6sJyTO
streamable .com/lf41ju

1 Like

Ashe bullet went straight into that, that’s seems very strange. And from your PoV it showed your defense matrix RIGHT on top of it.

My defense matrix just glitched and twisted in the air when I turned really fast… i don’t know what that’s about…

Boop.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Video:
streamable.com/lf41ju

This oddly happens a lot with me too.

2 Likes