Brigs getting a nerf we can appreciate

wink

I sometimes have the old man issue with dealing with websites. sometimes a little help goes a long way.

The “pros” are the first cancer to the game my friend. They’re partially responsible for the worst nerfs heroes have been getting since the game’s release.

They also literally annulled a great Sombra’s buff within 2 weeks because of some pros complaining about it (mostly Tracer mains sorry to tell).

I’m sorry to be a little angry but the community is really destroying the game with their constant whining when they don’t like a hero. When will this ever stop ? It feels like Roadhog’s 2016 nerf all over again. Enough is enough.

1 Like

Ah yes, the people who know the most about the game and have the highest mechanical skill are obviously cancer when it doesn’t fit your agenda.

How dare a hero that takes skill to play be countered by someone who can just hold right click for a second to hack someone. Tracer is a glass cannon, and if you take away her abilities from her, she becomes useless.

Won’t stop until the character is balanced I’m afraid, or they buff her counters :man_shrugging:

Yea, if you look super closely at my profile, you can see that I have the elusive Invisible Rank Ooooooh soooo spooooky :ghost:. I could only attain such a powerful rank with Brigitte. And maintaining it. OH BOY. Couldn’t even do that without Brigitte either.

They are when they can’t or don’t want to adapt. Simple as that. If they are, as you say people with the “highest mechanical skill” and that know the most about the game, why can’t they just adapt and switch heroes like we (regular people) all do ?

I’ve been playing this game since day one and I’ve never asked for a nerf, even when Roadhog’s hook was annoying for a squishy (I play squishies the most).

Ever since the OWL became a thing, the nerfs mania has become insane and most of the community followed that trend by whining about specific heroes and thus destroying them.

You’re saying people who play a hero that is getting nerfed don’t matter at all ? That’s the game you want for people ? If that’s it, people won’t be staying and trust me, in terms of numbers, Blizzard needs us more than the OWL.

1 Like

…because it doesn’t work. A pharah would work in your game of QP against Brig because your hitscans suck, or nobody switches to one. But in the pro level, where players can take out pharah’s in their sleep, pharah isn’t a counter. Same goes for widow and hanzo, who are trying to farm ult for infrasight, and dragonstike to combo with zarya and will not shoot at shields.

Then make specific patches for the pro players if it doesn’t work for them. I don’t get how this can be considered “pro level” if the players themselves dictate the rules.

It has been proven lots of times that the devs and some of the pros discuss the game changes together. That’s very problematic and biased. They have opened the Pandora’s box 'cause now everyone is asking for specific buffs or nerfs every day on this forum.

People often criticize Mercy or Symmetra’s mains but what happened to those heroes is related to the devs listening too much to the pro players. This Brigitte’s nerf is going to be huge because a lot of complaints are soon to come if this goes live.

And we all know it won’t stop there, after Brigitte, it’s probably going to be Ana’s turn (again) for a nerf.

3 Likes

The pro level can also more effectively run Doomfist, Sombra and McCree. All characters suited to dealing with Brig.

2 Likes

Honestly, if blizzard did this nerf in the beginning, she probably wouldn’t have gotten her previous nerfs imo.

THIS ! Thank you :slight_smile: !

I thought devs were supposed to make the OWL challenging to the pros being used to playing certain heroes (like Tracer for instance)… Not working hand in hand to make the game easier to them.

What is happening with this game is absurd. Imagine if organizers would change rules to a sport like tennis to make it easier to the pros during a tournament. It would sound ridiculous.

yeah its not like reins in the overwatch world cup got abused by shieldbash and got teamshattered

Yeah its not like Rein’s major counter is cc as there is no other way to deal with him quickly.

1 Like

Brigitte was created in order to change the dive meta that didn’t have any real counter. I’m not saying it was a good idea but the fact is that the hero was created the way she is. I don’t get why they’re taking it back now that people have been complaining.

They should defend the hero they created not destroying it because of people’s complaints. Brigitte was supposed to be game changing 'cause the devs didn’t want the game to be stuck for two more years with a dive meta. That’s also the reason why they release new heroes : to refresh the game’s experience for us, players.

If they keep nerfing heroes they release, better not add any and keep playing with the same heroes.

I have nothing against Brigitte for doing her job to deal with heroes with extreme mobility, that’s fine. The problem is the side-affect was that she also disrupt slow comp too, which was not their intended purposes.

Honestly, Blizzard keeps associating Stun as a counter to Mobility, but it also extremely powerful to everything else. It is by far one of the most powerful CC affect in all genre of video games.

There are tons of other CC that can counter Mobility without affecting the other heroes.

I’m all for this change, or the other alternative is if she shield bash Reinhardt to stun pass his shield, she get stun too. Well I created a thread on alternative a while back.

Well the one that gain the most friction was this thread that was created by someone else afterwards.

That’s probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard in these forums.

Yeah, they’d rather listen to this forum, which is a massive support main circlej*rk. Imagine listening to all the mercy mains when they said that reworked mercy was totally balanced and dps needed to “git gud” and “just click her head lul”.

Dang, another nerf for Brig? Just how many more are needed ?

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying but it’s just a game in the end… It’s gonna be very hard to release new characters if devs must pay attention to all the specific heroes mains in the game.

Why can’t people just accept the heroes abilities as they are ? Symmetra has gone through two reworks, Mercy changed a lot too. It’s not fair in my opinion.

If the devs release a hero the way they are, they should stay the same. Only small changes should be allowed. Or maybe, as you said, better think twice before releasing a new hero.

If Brigitte was less powerful against Genji and Tracer mains, maybe no one would be complaining but again the definition of a counter is to have strong abilities against the hero they are supposed to counter. Brigitte was not overpowered because she had a lot of counters.

You can blame that on the OWL scene. I believe Blizzard wants it so that all heroes are viable in the OWL scene.

If there are heroes that are only purely for fun with no screen time in OWL, I don’t think Blizzard would be happy about it.

Also, I agree with you that Brigitte isn’t a huge problem except in extremely coordinated level of play which the average gamer will not be able to do. In lower tier fights, it is easy to flank and attack from off-angle. I personally like going to high ground and shoot over the shield or to the side/behind.

2 Likes

I know the OWL is a big issue to the game 'cause they need Tracer’s or Genji’s gameplay to be shown, to make it entertaining. If those two heroes are hard countered or nowhere to be seen during a tournament, it’s a big let down for the audience that looks forwards to seeing their big plays.

A healer’s gameplay is less enjoyable to watch because it’s not about kills - at least a lot less than for a dps or tank.

I get that and I respect that. That’s not the real issue there. Maybe the OWL should have specific patches or only certain heroes available during tournaments to make it balanced.

I’m not a big OWL fan but I remember that at the beginning of the OWL, a lot of teams would choose the same heroes. Maybe “mirror” matches is the way to go for the OWL league as it’s the best way to see what team plays better.

Overwatch is all about choosing the right counters for the win, it’s not even so much about skills at some point when you know the game well. So I don’t know, if characters like Brigitte are problematic for the OWL, maybe they should just remove her from the tournament and only allow a few heroes ?