Alternative to Shield Bash

I’m just pulling random idea out my behind for fun. Replace Shield bash with War Cry ability.

War Cry - Intimidating enemies into frick, causing them to panic:

• Disable all movement ability from enemy within 15m raduis for a short period.
  • Affected movement ability are:
    • Doomfist Slam / RP
    • Hanzo Lunge
    • Lucio Wall Ride/Speed Boost
    • McCree Roll
    • Mercy Guardian Angel
    • Pharaph Jetboost
    • Reinhardt charge
    • Tracer Blink
    • Winston Jump
    • Etc.

It can deal with dive and mobile creep without heavy reliance on stun CC.

PS: I’m actually fine with shield bash, other than the fact that I still believe it should not stun through Reinhardt’s shield.

Edit: Another option is to have Shield Bash cause confusion.

Confusion:

• Camera control are reverse
  • Directional movement are reverse
  • Primary and secondary are swap
  • Shift and E abilities are swap

This will disorient players into making mistakes, which can be both deadly and comical. This can be very severe towards mobile chars.

4 Likes

But what if she fights a team with no mobility? That ability would completely do nothing. Its basically just a bad hack

Why are people only wanting to change shield bash if other similar stuns exist in the game?

Even if shield bash was gone you’d still be cc’d to death by the rest of the roster, so what difference does that make?

1 Like

Its actually really really good idea, this way she would punish high mobile dive heroes without making it a living hell for the rest of the cast.

It would fit Brigs paladin archetype, but it also hs potential for a new hero.

Question: If shield bash shouldn’t go through Reins shield (which is ok) how about her mace melee? Can that go through the shield? If not, Should Reins hammer melee go through her shield?

If shield bash really did need a nerf (ugh) then this would be the way to make it do more against mobile characters:

Shield bash
Stun duration reduced from 1s to 0.5s
Movement abilities are disabled for 1s after being hit with Shield Bash.

This way it still functions as an interrupt, but the stun is less severe, and mobile flanker characters won’t be able to blink/dash for the full second.

I prefer being stunned for 1 second over both of these options.

If you want to remove Brigitte’s shield bash, please also remove Rein charge and Doomfist RP through shield thank you.

So you think its easy to just aim with Mccree or Ana when suddenly everything is inverted. It would be less useful for sure but not useless as you suggest.

People would just learn to play around it. Plus it would be annoying then actually good. Plus what if a team ran Rein, Moira, Brig, Zarya, Junk, Torb.

Taking away movement + invert wouldn’t do much. Plus you need to remember brig was added to help peel for her allies. movement wouldn’t do much if they were already killing your ana

I dont think its a good idead either Im just saying it isnt as bad as you made it sound.

I honestly don’t really care in the grand scheme of thing if shield bash goes through Reinhardt shield.

I personally never really consider her too much of a problem since I would always get to high ground and snipe her from above. It’s not unusual for me to fight multiple Brigitte at the same time in MH.

I was just giving alternative CC solution that is less punishing as stun. This is mostly a solution to address the community complaint.

Another solution is to make Shield Bash a double Edge sword when shield bashing Reinhardt shield, by making it so that both of them are stun. It is basically a trade.