Brigs getting a nerf we can appreciate

As a main tank player, I think I just failed NNN

nah jk I failed 6 hrs into november

1 Like

Honestly though, this is probably the most logical nerf she could get. People have been saying the stunning through barriers thing was kinda busted since day 1. Like I donā€™t even play Rein so I have no chicken in this race, but I kind of agree that was a bit much.

Maybe itā€™ll still hit, just not CC. If I recall, they said she could still use it to trigger inspire I think? So maybe thatā€™s what theyā€™re doing. Who knows. /shrug.

5 Likes

I want to make 2 distinctionsā€¦

1. Shield on shield is not the same as a fist or blade through a shield. At least visually brigā€™s shield is the baby version of reinhardtā€™s shield.
  2. the other abilities you mention still leave the attacker open to taking damage as they approach reinhardt.
    not so with brigā€™s shield.

Shield bash has never triggered Inspire, though. Only attacks with her mace do that.

does whipshot penetrate reinhardt 's shield?
Iā€™m embarrassed to say I donā€™t knowā€¦

like this could go one of two ways, it might make her actually be the role she was designed for, or she will become dead. this is why ptr is a thing

1 Like

Ah, I just re-read the post. They said something like ā€¦ she could still use it to close the distance to melee and activate inspire. Sorry, misread.

no, its classified as a projectile, similar to hook

(20 lewd meis)

1 Like

It doesnā€™t, but itā€™s not a melee attack by the gameā€™s logic.

1 Like

Good. Nobody would be sad if Brig became a troll pick like Symm or Torb.

1 Like

I assume he said it because the poster said any skilled tank would not be affected by brig bash through shield. While he is plat and gms shield bash shatter all the time.

This is only gonna get things worse about Goats :slight_smile: !

GG guys, you made it. Another hero thrown to F-tier because of people whining on the forums. What hero is next on your list ?

Iā€™m glad BTC understands the problem with the OW community. This is why this nerf is going to be bad :

Edit : Listen around 4 minutes of the video. It describes some of you :slight_smile: ! Enjoy !

4 Likes

I am sad, she was the best teammate and one of the easiest enemies to kill. The game is definitely going to get more obnoxious with bad healers, tanks, and DPS that cannot confirm kills. At least Brigitte could do all of those on her own while having tons of counter-play to avoid her just running over teams.

Translation: ā€œI canā€™t aim, so I want heroes that donā€™t need aim to be good so I can keep my rankā€

2 Likes

im not excusing what the other guys said but lets try to keep this civil please.

More like : ā€œI donā€™t wanā€™t to adapt to a hero so Iā€™ll whine on the forums until the devs listen and nerf the hero we donā€™t likeā€.

How many heroes does the community want to destroy ? I hope your favourite heroā€™s turn comes next.

3 Likes

dude no, even the pros criticized brig. something needed to happen. and civil thread. lets not devolve this thread.

Doesnā€™t matter. I play literally everything. :man_shrugging:

I tank, DPS, heal, and I can tell you, Brig is really oppressive at all ranks except the very highest, as she requires very little skill to play, but requires skill to actually counter.

As a brit, I see this as the US nerfing what beat them :stuck_out_tongue:

They said she can use it to get in range so that she can use melee to proc inspire, not that it would proc inspire itself