Blizz devs want to keep some of the card changes

They should keep the change to symmetra but give it some nerfs.

Keep the Brig changes, seriously.

Lucio is already overblown and overstuffed a kit, lets not make it worse.

This is so frustrating

we have to get updates about the franchise from a youtube video talking about a streamer talking about a dev who talked with them in some hidden place/meeting

8 Likes

Wish it was the developers themselves offering ideas of balance instead of nobody livestreamers.

1 Like

Making things more fun is an issue to address. Right now OW is balanced and has the most viable heroes in its history but is it itā€™s most fun meta?

Hereā€™s a link to all the experimental changes if anyone needed a refresher on what they were - Overwatch 2 - Patch Notes

Honestly, almost none of these should go through. The ones that should are on the more minor side like, Pharah holding crouch in the air makes her descend faster, sprinting as Soldier for 3 seconds automatically reloads his gunā€¦

The major ones like, literally every Tank change, really shouldnā€™t be considered. The only ones I liked were the nerfs to Ballā€™s Piledriver.

If they do implement any of these changes, I really hope they alter them. The dps guy honestly didnā€™t even seem like he knew what to do with half of the rosterā€¦ and the support changes ranged from mildly better (Moira) to completely horrid (Mercy)

If these changes were going to be implemented, then why did they ask 3 one-tricks to balance the entire cast???

Itā€™s such a shame, because this proves that these streamers wasted all of our time yet again since the devs were genuinely interested in what they thought should be different.

2 Likes

i mean yeah as an orisa player myself i would love that as wellā€¦but then you have to wonder why they felt the need to slow her down during it in the first placeā€¦perhaps its a bit much for a tank with a turret for a weapon to be able to close the gap at willā€¦

the doom example is an exaggeration but point remainsā€¦just because its a ā€œfunā€ change doesnt mean its a good oneā€¦or that its ā€œbalancedā€ā€¦when it comes to changes for the game i think fun is second to balance (with the underlying caveat that they obviously want the end result to be fun)

i think the exc changes are great for where they put themā€¦an alternative game mode

Both of Mei changes could go through I suppose. The one with the beam increasing the movement speed should also apply to her team and with more increased speed than in that exc. The ice block makes sense after all, nobody in real life would live if a block of ice landed on them lol. Or most likely theyā€™d be in critical health condition.
Although they are not so amazing compared to what others got, itā€™d be a good start to make her more helpful / less clunkier

I personally would give her 50 extra shields or less cd on wall / cryo before any of these

Genji triple jump or the faster firerate but on the right click this time not the left click

Consistency with the other high capacity heroes. Bastion canā€™t move at all, and d.VA also has a movement penalty while shooting. However, d.VA had the penalty partially reverted at some point, because she could be kited by her targets while shooting.

Stalker Orisa has been borderline busted every time they try it on excard, so they may just walk back the penalty to like, -10% or something instead of what it is currently.

oh i get itā€¦im just saying that you cant just say ā€œyou know what would be fun?ā€ā€¦you have to look at everything from both sides of the aisleā€¦the devs didnt just throw in a slow down while shooting for no reasonā€¦that was a conscious decisionā€¦cause they dont JUST do ā€œyou know what would be fun?ā€ā€¦

Thatā€™sā€¦ Pretty much the only thing they consider when they make changes, actually. I donā€™t think anyone on the team has ever asked if the change they proposed would be fun if it happened to them instead.

Good morning everyone,

We did discuss the possibility of any of these changes sticking around with Geoff. That shouldnā€™t be seen as a tacit promise or even a statement of desire that we want to keep any of the changes.

43 Likes

Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be fair, itā€™s really obvious that some of the changes on the excard are aimed at actual, real balance changes, instead of meme changes. I donā€™t imagine no-shield Sigma and stalker Orisa reappearing in multiple excards is an accident.

I would love the Reaper Shadowstep-Buff, since itā€™s a kinda clunky ability.

oh andyā€¦what have you doneā€¦thats a certified ā€œguaranteeā€ around hereā€¦weā€™re going to be flooded for weeks now with ā€œthe devs said blankā€ā€¦we still have ā€œgeoff promised us support symā€ threads pop up every now and thenā€¦and Doom is 100% a tank in OW2 now

6 Likes

Ah, the conspiracy theories again.

They should keep Orisaā€™s christmas hat!

2 Likes

If they want to keep Doomfistā€™s CC, and enforce the ā€œonly tanks are allowed to monopolize CC abilitiesā€, they kind of have to move him. It would be kind of interesting to see how they balanced Doomfist against ball as the ā€œdisplacement tankā€ options.

1 Like