Blizz devs want to keep some of the card changes

I mean the doomfist ult did get buffed to do just that.

Being able to stop at will is a pretty huge buff (it becomes a gap closer, missing charge is no longer a big thing), so it def needs to be considered carefully before being added.

1 Like

Can’t something be both degenerate and intuitive? I’ve read about people trying out Lucio and firing his gun at allies to heal them. It might be intuitive for that to happen, but I don’t think anyone would like it as a change. Right?

Anyway, I’d much rather fistpump ‘n’ go than spend my downtime admiring the wall/floor textures as I top up my HP.

1 Like

I mean its got a 10 second cooldown for a reason, and its not like reins weren’t doing that already in the first place when coming back from respawn.

Hm, maybe we should’ve addressed the elephant in the room surrounding that issue of healers healing themselves sooner. Every support save for Mercy has to do something tedious to get topped up, and I’m not sure if having a button that makes you a discount lucio amping it up is better for bap than just being able to heal himself with his nades like a sort of reverse rocket jump.

people say this…but fun is subjective…and usually when something is “fun” its also very “unfun” to play against and gets tiring/annoying very quickly

you know what would be a lot of fun to play?..doomfist with zero cooldowns…how long before everyone gets tired of that? how about scatter arrow? or mass res? or cc in general?

“i rather it be fun” is not accurate at all…you want it to be balanced AND hopefully fun as well…

that btw is the challenge the devs have when creating new heroes/abilities…and its not an easy one either

1 Like

of course bias here but i would like

mei’s ice skates
d.va booster rockets (i liked it as d.va but hated d.va when playing widow)
all widow changes
all moira changes (probably op)
sombra changes (extra incoming damage source is op with other damage sources stacked on it lol)
soldier 76 reload while sprinting
pharah downward acceleration button and being able to move with ult (op too probably)
ashe’s double knockback (op too)

Being able to heal yourself 50 health every 0.9 seconds is pretty strong though. Outside of amp is up with Lucio can match that (and Lucio gets it for 3 seconds, then waits for another 12). Could maybe see if they did it so its a significantly lower healing value (say only gets 25 or even 12.5 health a nade), but full healing would be too much. But with the knowledge that all supports will get a healing over time a few seconds out of the fight, I doubt we would need this change in the long run (unless of course they remove the self healing AoE thing)

Mei’s ice skates honestly horrified me. Kind of dislike the fact that she has a slow/stop mechanic already, but making it so she can go significantly faster to close the gap felt a bit too much. Kind of removes her one major weakness, but I also say this as a person who really REALLY dislikes Mei’s gameplay style/kit in Overwatch.

yea i still feel she needs something. she aint all that great on ladders compared to the other dps heroes. just better to play hitscans

1 Like

True, though you’re either on top of your allies in the fire fight while doing it, or not healing them from a distance while you spend a nade or two on yourself. More sustain, while lessening his ability to help his teammates, does help to balance it in a way.

1 Like

I don’t think most supports’ self-healing is that tedious, really. At least, only in the sense that it takes time to top up to full. Brig is rough if her co-support ignores her, though.

I’d rather get the OW2 support passive than have to self-nade a bunch, especially since I suspect self-healing, if it went Live, would be less than 50 HP per nade.

If I had to pick ONE change to come to live, it would be Orisa having no movement reduction. That one change along made her so much more fun to play

However I did make a list of changes I’d like to go live here Experimental changes I think should go live

Yeah, and that’s a problem that has been in the game for years. Hitscan is too powerful. I was so glad they reduced the max damage for fallout ranges, especially since I was so strongly against it when they buffed it during GOATs (I remember thinking “this doesn’t solve anything, and if anything only makes it worse”). Projectile/short range heroes need a bit of a buff and hitscan (especially long range) could use just a bit more tweaking back on their overall power level (especially Soldier and Cassidy).

Correction. Lucio isnt used as much in owl because hes only used as a speed bot for rush comps. (And ball dva dive was meta last season)

Flats said that andy mentioned that the lucio beat damage could come to live but with reduced damage so mayyybbee

The ult charge buff could happen. But 30% is too much.

The increased firerate is kinda cool too.

i watched that flats video and he ranked her S tier lol. said that there was an insane mei who was good at speeding up behind someone ice-walling herself to higher elevation and one shotting people with her ice block damage thing

i think the ice-skates by themselves would be alright but that ice-block kamikaze thing not so much. you’ll also have a lot of suicidal meis if that change went through. last thing people want is a teammate who is trying to get that one shot but ends up dying all the time

I’ll be extremely aggravated if any of the Mercy changes go through. The “buffs” were gimicky and unecessary and the healing nerf felt absolutely horrible. There’s no surprise Flats ranked her last place on his viability list in that video.

13 Likes

The Mercy changes were just flat nerfs. It could be cool if the high of the healing was like 70HPS and goes down every 3 seconds not 2.

5 Likes

I only got demeched by it once but that one time it was because I simply didn’t expect the Mei player to be that ballsy lol.
It would become predictable after a while and frankly is a rather janky mechanic.
Mei needs something but a random one shot ain’t it lol.

1 Like

im talking about fun changes in moderation, the idea of giving a character no cooldowns is unrealistic, while on the other hand the idea of orisa not being slowed down when shooting improves the fun while still staying in balance