Battle Pass SCAM (yes, yellow coins != credits)

Knew this would cause drama eventually.

Or symbol. Or have such similar names (Coins and Credits really?)

Idk why they think they’re above gems, shards or other type of distinct currencies other games implement.

It’s so scummy.

Especially since they said some currency would be given as a “premium reward”
When in the past the coins have been referred to as premium currency, muddying the waters even more when they use to same word to describe two different things.

1 Like

So you bought generic brand KaleidOs at Kroger and then got mad a Kroger for using the same color packaging, similar font and pictures as Nabisco Oreos, and called it a “scam” because you didn’t bother to look past visual facsimiles and grabbed the first package of chocolate sandwich cookies in a blue package you saw.

….right….

Your analogy is a bit faulty there. A better analogy would be:

Kroger doesn’t and has never carried Nabisco Oreos. The Community has been begging them to carry them for a long time. Finally, they announce a new cookie that looks exactly like Oreos. Identical packaging. The only difference, is a slight name change. So of course people buy some thinking they’re getting something they’ve been asking for. Only to realize afterwards it’s actually just a knock-off brand.

If you don’t see why that’s scummy, then there’s no helping you.

2 Likes

Nope, my analogy covers all the bases while yours leaves out the fact that there are summaries, deductions, and outright differences between the currency names.

It’s one thing to at least defend the buyer over the aesthetic facsimiles, that’s rational, it’s irrational to ignore the reality that there are still overt differences in wording.

The safety locks on Tide Pods make sense now, adults who refuse to read are no different (maybe even worse) than children who don’t know any better. At least children have an excuse for their lack of contextual deduction.

It’s not really a scam, but they should really think about making the two game currencies LOOK different and have very different names.

It is kind of confusing.

It’s obviously a scam and it obviously worked.

The weird shills on here can call people dumb all they like, it doesn’t change a thing. The number of people complaining here and elsewhere makes clear this got people to spend money they shouldn’t have.

1 Like

It is fun reading the bug report section. So many reports of players that “miss” their coins, not understanding that there are two currencies with which you can buy different things. Blizz failed so much on that communication.

1 Like

Blizzard has been “scamming” people for years at this point.

The same people routinely calling it out are the same people routinely falling for the same thing time and time again.

At what point do we say it’s on the consumer to make informed purchases from the company who has an established bad reputation?

Whether it works or not is irrelevant to the INTENT behind it. Now, you and I both know that. You and I both know that they intended to mislead people with the coloration of it. You and I both know that their intent to mislead people is wrong.

So I can only infer from your strong desire to defend them, that you feel, somehow, you’ll be rewarded if you stick up for them enough and run enough interference with their terrible practices.

Spoiler Alert: You won’t be.

3 Likes

You’re right, it is misleading, thankfully, we don’t have to buy the BP to get the credits. Still, to pull from another post I made on this subject:

It’s entirely relevant, ignoring this turns your argument into an emotional one instead of a logical one you’re trying to masquerade it as.

So Kroger’s off brand “Oreo” product KaleidOs are ethically wrong?

How about Aldi’s Cream Betweens?

Walmart’s Twist and Shouts?

We can move onto Mountain Dew knock offs if you’d like with options such as: Mountain Shoutin, Mountain Lightning, or Mountain Rush.

Certainly with near identical aesthetics, fonts, and naming schemes such as those, people would be lining up to say Walmart, Kroger and Meijer scammed them right?

I’ve already stated that I’m not defending Blizzard, and rarely have.

I actually stand in opposition to people making dumb decisions and casting blame on others for their own actions when they deduce the consequences after doing something that could’ve been figured out prior.

Maybe you missed this in my initial response:

You might be overtly insinuating that I’m a shill for Blizzard, but I certainly won’t stoop to the level of suggesting that you believe average adults lack the intellect or mental capacity to read a few words that would prevent them from making a dumb choice hence defending morons for making moronic choices.

But again, certainly you’re not doing that…

…right?

Your flawed argument is reward enough.

No there is a bug in the scripts on the forum. It’s that simple.

You can mark text then pick quote but a lot of the time it doesn’t add it through the post script.

Irrelevant either way. Different icon shapes and different colors for different currencies is what we have.

There’s nothing even remotely similar about Credits and Coins…

When did they use the same word to describe two different things exactly?

Credits
Coins

Sounds completely different and one word have less letters and neither looks the same on paper.

They have completely different names. Both look completely different.

Again, like Torb says. You’re making birds out of a feather. Stop making more moot arguments, like seriously…

Credits also aren’t shown in the hero gallery, not even when you click to unlock an old skin. The only place they are shown at all that I’ve been able to find is if I click on a small little “i” button on the top right.
This seems to be the new normal with Blizzard and friends, it seems.

2 Likes

Premium

And you’re just trolling if you don’t think there’s nothing remotely similar about two currencies that start with a C. There’s two similarities off the bat. Nice.

1 Like

The fact that people are saying they’re confused should be proof enough they need to change these things.

4 Likes

That’s the ONLY similarity between the two words. Both starting with the same letter. You are truly grasping at straws here.

I asked you, WHEN did they use the same word to describe TWO different things?

You made the claim now prove me wrong by adding a source to your claim.

1 Like

The people saying they’re confused are a small minority who can’t read and suffer from a severe case of tunnel vision…

How do you know it’s only a few people who are confused? I’m not sure how you’re keeping track of that.

I get you might find these posts annoying, but it would really help the game and players to have the different currencies made easier to understand. (even for little kids sake to be able to tell what they need to get skins)

There’s no need to insult people over this. People getting confused about a some what new game’s new currencies isn’t something to get into arguments about.

3 Likes

Just wanna throw my hat in the ring of people saying you’re full of doodoo. Coins and credits are used pretty much interchangeably in a gaming context. Outside it, too, I’d say. And are you really arguing that a yellow hexagon with two stripes and a yellow circle with two stripes are visually distinct?
Also, why isn’t the credit cost of old skins shown in the hero gallery? When I click to unlock it, why does it only show the coin price? Why can’t I see my credit balance in the hero gallery?

In a vacuum, this could be dismissed as just some sloppy design, but people with more time on their hands than me have been noticing this pattern of deliberate manipulation in freemium games for years now. It’s annoying at best, but I’d call it downright slimy.

3 Likes