Battle Pass SCAM (yes, yellow coins != credits)

They actually do look similar. And we were never actually informed that legacy credits were turned into normal credits, so people thought that they were being given overwatch coins

1 Like

They’re used to buy specific items in the hero catagory. Which is contradictory to the actual shop

Reading comprehension diff sadly, not scammed in the slightest lol

We were never actually informed of the fact that legacy credits were turned into normal credits, and because we never knew. And because the legacy credits were colored yellow in the pass, people could’ve easy confused them with overwatch coins.

They explained in detail the purpose of the creation of Overwatch credits in the blog post, and they even mentioned people that have a lot of legacy credits will now be able to use them, because they won’t only be unlocking old things but having new things that will be able to be bought with this specific currency in the future, it’s all in the blog

Oh rly? Thanks for siding with deceiving practice.

1 Like

Is not deceiving, if it was I would call it out, but having read the blog post it’s just ppl that want to blame their lack of reading comprehension on blizzard

Console does actually claim Coin instead of Credits, no clue if it’s in the BP though, Bug Report section doesn’t make that clear.

Seems like we’ve reached a point where the monkeys can no longer put the cylinder shaped block into the hexagon shaped hole.

Yellow = What I need.
White = What I don’t need.
- Monkey

1 Like

No, they actually don’t look similar. Overwatch Coins and Overwatch Credits have completely different icon designs and colors. Coins are Gold, Credits are Silver. Coins have a Hexagon icon, Credits have a Circular icon. If you can’t tell the differnt even at a glance, then you’ve got some extremely poor eyesight issues and might need to go see an Optometrists…

Also: Taken from the Patch notes.

Overwatch Credits are back

• Overwatch Credits, which were previously labeled “Legacy Credits” and were not earnable in Overwatch 2, can now once again be earned through progressing in the Season 3 Battle Pass

This was also mentioned at least a week before they re-introduced the Overwatch Credits.

I don’t agree with a lot of things Blizzard do these days, but in this case, the fault lies with people who can’t read and never pay any attention to news and updates regarding the game.

1 Like

They use the same colour for the Currency art in the BP.

1 Like

No, the color is YELLOW and the icon is still the same as Credits aka Circular icon.

I never claimed the Icon to have a different shape; only the Colour, and mb for art I meant the 3D model representing the Currency.
Because that’s “gold” and not silver / yellow.

Potato Potatoe.

The icons are different both in color and shape. Animation doesn’t mean anything.

Literally check the BP the 3D render representing the currency is gold.

Yes the currencies use different colours everywhere else, just not on the BP screen.

1 Like
  1. I dont have notifs every single time a new update drops.

2. In the battle pass, the legacy credits are colored gold.

the only thing they made clear is that they will do absolutely anything to scam people out of their money and that you will defend the lowest of lowly practices WITHOUT FAIL in every single topic.

1 Like

I have. It’s a slight darker shade of Yellow, not gold. As i said, go visit an Optometrists and get those eyes checked.

Then that’s your own fault, not Blizzard’s fault. Want them to hold your hands and tuck you in at night as well?

Again, no, it’s a slightly darker shade of Yellow, not Gold.

I’m 50/50 on this, because the whole thing with the old skins being sold at arfiticially reduced prices is an actual scam, since they were never sold prior to being added and then they got added with a price reduction. That’s a scam and false advertisement and also illegal in a lot of countries.

However, when it comes to the Legacy Credits and Overwatch Credits, it’s not a scam.

Keep grasping at straws just because it isn’t 1x1 the same pantone colour code doesn’t mean they couldn’t have chosen ANY other colour that doesn’t resemble the colour of the one currency they were already using.

1 Like

I’m not gonna argue with that, because i also think they could’ve chosen a different color for the Credits on the BP, but it really isn’t an issue since both currencies have two completely different design shapes. It’s easy to see the difference. It’s still not a scam.

(Bloody hell Blizzard fix your horrid forum quote and reply system…)

It’s either incompetence or purposefully scummy, both are equally likely with Blizzard.

The credits and coins use a similar icon to visually confuse them, along with them using the wrong color. The words are also similar which could lead to confusion in people who don’t speak English as their first language.

1 Like