Battle pass season 3 Credits!

Kinda beneficial to old players too cos I always told myself “I’ll run out of legacy credits at some point and won’t be able to get new hero release legendary skin or even all their cosmetics without paying real money”. Now this update will always prevent me from falling below 20k legacy credits.

3 Likes

Why are ow vets selfish to complain about Blizzard doing literally the cheapest copout option? Why is it selfish to say that it’d be better if Blizz gave out the actual premium currency with the battlepass, which would benefit everyone? Especially when every other battlepass system on the market does exactly that?

I don’t understand why people keep thinking OW1 vets are being selfish when they say stuff like the battlepass should give premium credits, or events should rewards new OW2 skins instead of recycled OW1 skins. Yeah, it’s great that new players can get the OW1 skins, but they can also get the OW1 skins using premium credits, if they so choose, so offering premium credits in the battlepass instead of legacy credits is literally beneficial to everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. Now i just bought all the emotes and stuff for sojourn, Jq, kiriko and ram because i was hoarding my legacy credits under the assumption i would never get any more

1 Like

Tons of people probably still haven’t realized it and blizzard did very poor job of making the 2 currencies more distinct. They even colored the legacy currency yellow in the battlepass for some reason

3 Likes

It wouldnt though and every other battle pass doesnt have 5 legendaries and a mythic. Context matters. Theres a reason every other battle pass is filled with trackers and rubbish. Whereas ow2 has loads of skins, emotes, intros, poses etc.

They literally say why they dont give premium currency in this interview. Their reasoning to summarise is they would have to remove the mythic and some other things and make the pass more grindy

OW’s BP is filed just as much trash as any other if not more.

1 Like

No it isnt lol. Go through and count

Just the fact there are 5 legendary, 4 epics and a mythic puts it above most others

Then 4 intros
5 emotes

Go to apex. Half the battle pass is trackers and banner frames. You get 4 legendary skins, no mythic, 4 epics. Like 3 emotes and nothing like highlight intros.

And to add to that the ow2 battle pass is super easy to finish in comparison. It isnt grindy at all

That’s bs and you know it. The only value attached to skins is whatever they say is the value. Meanwhile other battlepasses offer equally high quality skins *as well as more than enough currency to buy the next battlepass for free as well as saving up more premium currency to buy stuff from the store. Premium currency would literally benefit everyone and there is no argument against that.

And as for battlepasses being full of rubbish? Look at the latest Fortnite battlepass, for example. As much as I dislike Fortnite there is NO denying that there are a LOT of skins in that, including several high quality skins. In fact, it has more skins than Overwatch 2 battlepass, and still offers more than enough premium currency to get future battlepasses for free. Meanwhile Overwatch 2 offers only a handful of skins (10 compared to Fortnite’s base of 12, with at least 2 more bonus skins) and emotes, while most other rewards are trash souvenoirs, sprays, voicelines and weapon charms.

As for the Mythic skin? There’s no way that’s more expensive to make than Fortnite’s crossover skins like Doomslayer and Geralt of Rivia, which are both in the current battlepass, and would be costly due to having to pay out the respective IP owners for the rights to use their characters.

If you honestly think that Blizzard is being generous with what they’re giving you and believe them when they say they’d have to take things away if they do things like premium currency in the battlepass, you’re either delusional, a shill, or you haven’t been dealing with Blizzard long enough to know better. Activision Blizzard has for years been one of the scummiest, greediest companies around, nickel and diming people for as much as they can. They even have EA beat on that market.

2 Likes

Lets also not forget that when u unlock a skin in Fortnite, that is a skin you can use whenever you want.

Here in OW if you unlock a skin that is just for a certain hero. So in theory they can put 40 genji skin into 1 battlepass with another 40 Wrecking Ball skin, its still entirely useless if you dont play those heroes.

So by default, even the garbage filler items are less useful in Overwatch. You just unlocked a spray for a hero you dont use, yay…time to grind towards the next level where i unlock a player icon about a hero i dont use followed up by a weapon charm that is lazily and awkwardly stabbed into the hands of the hero i actually like to use.

Its unbelieveable that we are starting season 3 and blizzard still dont see the problem with this.
The Overwatch battlepass quite literally should be minimal amount of actual stuff to unlock while the rest should be some kind of currency to unlock the stuff you are interested in.

2 Likes

Of all the game publishers I know this is the only instance in recent history where a company actually reverted fomo.
They quite literally gave the middle finger to the players who earned the old seasonal skins during their limited window of time, and now new, free to play players can not only earn those skins without paying a dime
They can also do it at a leisurely pace
And can pick whichever skin they want

All things we never had with lootboxes

I remember the first halloween event where they first introduced witch mercy, I was so adamant on not spending a dime past the initial 40 usd purchase that I grinded the halloween event for 8h a day

I got all legendary halloween skins except witch mercy, which I eventually caved in and bought with credits

Then she dropped in the next 3 lootboxes

because they wanna scam the stupid people.

On the gallery the legacy credits arent gold, and In the battlepass they dont use the name “legacy credits”… Im pretty sure its made so people believe they are actual credits

2 Likes

By who, exactly? I can name BPs worse than OW2, for example Valorant.

1 Like

it fooled almost everyone tbh it’s horrible misleading design

1 Like

This season’s BP is better but there is a lot of room for improvement.

1 Like

it was purposeful, they know what they did and are laughing

3 Likes

I bought the BP for the Penguin keychain and Mei’s Highlight. I am happy. Those credits, hope there is a way to convert into other currencies, of course not 1:1.

1 Like

They pulled a Diablo with this, very mis-leading there should be no reason for it to be old credits other than slap to the face

1 Like

I’d really like to know if they gave that clarification at any point before now. Even if they specifically said “credits”, it’s still not much better than false advertising. If they said “legacy credits” then fine, whatever. Regardless, it’s basically worthless to many OW1 vets, and a slap to the face to new players.

2 Likes

This definitely feels intentional. Never again.

2 Likes