šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

I have spent most of my Overwatch career in bronze and silver. I never found him overpowered whatsoever.

1 Like

I started playing Sombra to counter Bastion because most people around gold canā€™t do anything else than spamming damage and have no idea what to do when this doesnā€™t work ā€¦. if the enemy had a Bastion there was a 80% - 90% Chance of losing when i played healer/tank.

Well role queue is coming even to QPā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if I want to be bothered starting the next megathread any more. This is so blatantly forcing a meta.

And theyā€™re again making a change which disproportionately screws a bastion who isnā€™t being pocket healed. Itā€™s impossible to counter-heal against a 350 damage pulse bomb in time, but constantly healed by even a mercy: easy.

Maybe Iā€™ll come back occasionally to play quickplay classic in arcade, but if the devs arenā€™t invested in Bastion then I canā€™t be invested enough in a megathread.

[ [],]

Not what I see at all. 2-2-2 can create more team comps. Nerfing orisaā€™s barrier nerfs bunker so the meta is uncertain atm. We could get a DVa ball Ashe McCree mercy Baptiste meta who knows. It sounds crazy but itā€™s possible

Also bastion is very meta in gm because of the bunker meta

Very meta? Hahaha, oh wait, let me laugh louder even more, HAHAHAHAHA! Yes, he has been picked more, but saying that he is meta is not true.

1 Like

Baptiste bunker is a huge talking point. Torbjƶrn isnt a hero in bunker, bastion is the main one

Meta.
Imgur
As a Gm bastion main I donā€™t even know how you can say things like that, but letā€™s say you didnā€™t.

5 Likes

When i Q up for comp i only hear ppl tell me:

Pick bastion! Pick bastion!

yea no it doesnt happenā€¦ last time i checked players tend to pick everything but bastion.

1 Like

Oh also, An update, ive made a full bastion rework on workshop

6VD2R

Using a combination of my idea and TREBS, currently

• Iron clad has been removed
  • he has a shield on E (the real design would be frontal, and protect form CC, the concept is 360Ā° and cant protect from CC due to workshop limitations)
  • He gets +150 hp when activating his ultimate

and i think the rest is practically the same thing

1 Like

Overbuff isnā€™t a representation of the whole player base. Outside the forums no one uses overbuff

If overbuff is not good enough then the first hand information from high rank players should be enough right?

Let us not forget about the sombra and her hacking skills.

for a second i thought they had deleted this thread and was going to rage lol

3 Likes

I agree with the shield idea, no need for damage upgrades when bastion can easily get ccā€™d or bursted within seconds.

Defense might be better than offense.

I think Wilkham is also on this side of rework as well.

or was it someone elseā€¦idk anymore, someoneā€™s gonna agree anyway :moyai:

I am already out, i will be on the forums but no longer playing unless im really feeling bored and im never that bored.

1 Like

a good defense is the best offense in my opinion

1 Like

I believe Bastion and Pharah have the same glass cannon issue. Against bad teams they are OP and people complain. Against good teams they are easy kills.

Since everything is tuned for OWL and fancy competitive tiers, nothing is going to change unless it is imbalanced up there. This is Blizz in all of its games.

I like this idea a lot.

You how do yaā€™ll feel about 350 damage Pulse Bomb?

Its stupid, Tracer does not need any buffs

Tracer players need to understand that their character now has counters and cant be the best in all situations because of their delusions of ā€œthe most skillful characterā€

its especially dumb that it changes NOTHING other than the matchup vs bastion, its a Useless Change

i have even provided Optional Changes That would not hurt bastion as much and actually solve the issue they want to solve

The options are there, But its the wrong buff 100%,

Its not like tracer is bad anyways

4 Likes

How are you guys gonna dodge Pulse Bomb anyway? You wonā€™t just die without counterplay every 25 to 30 seconds, right?