šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

<details><summary>this is what you see before you click</summary>this is what you see after you click</details>

You can keep repeating this whole line inside of the ā€œthis is what you see after you clickā€ section and you have a drop down in a drop down.

this is what you see before you clickthis is what you see after you click
1 Like

I am a man who grants requested thingsā€¦

2 Likes
Like this Kappa
1 Like

Some people have hobbies (And real lives) I just run this mega threadā€¦

Papa jeff wont let me back in. :frowning:

Toxicity detected
Attempting removalā€¦
Loadingā€¦
Loadingā€¦
ERROR-
Cannot remove ā€œBastion mainā€ from conversation.
Resettingā€¦

Lol yeaā€¦ What was i saying again? :thinking:

Soā€¦ does this mean that hammond is live? :smiling_imp:

Get out of my head.

5 Likes

Of your code, you mean ? :wink:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t ask for Symm to be gutted toward damage and I despise what they did to her. I dropped her, my favorite Hero, for Brigitte.

She needed a rework, or at least heavy changes, but not that. What they should have done was remake her as an actual Support, not Damage. Iā€™m extremely disappointed with what they did and now the Hero AND playstyle are gone forever. Still waiting for a shield buff Hero.

I made a Bastion thread earlier, hoping the devs would be on the forums today, but I didnā€™t get a response from anyone :disappointed_relieved: (except for Terran who liked my post).

Edit: ignore that top part

Do try and stay on the subject of Bastion please.

2 Likes

Hey Hammond is pretty cool but ya know what else is cool? How much the fact that this video still applies to Bastion makes me wanna die still a piece of garbage - YouTube

4 Likes

HAHA

Very true.

Huge bastion buff went live btw. HUGE.

ekhm.

HUGE

ā€œHey look your RNG gun can shoot further now lolā€ -Blizzard

4 Likes

Can wait to miss all these shotsā€¦ IN close range.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to get the ā€œLiving Roomā€ spray because I need it

Mei blaster is another good dmg against sentry, at this point we need double personal shields and 65% ironcladā€¦

oh and maybe a fortify to make him slightly viable.

:hear_no_evil:

Hammond isnā€™t having a good time.

1 Like

Bastion could literally just be replaced with a legendary mode Retribution heavy, And heā€™d still die in secondsā€¦

We now play in a game where Zenyatta Canā€™t out heal two ultimatesā€¦

1 Like

Bastion is also one of my favorite Heroes, but heā€™s never really been in a good state (unless the people cry over it too much). The problem is that heā€™s difficult to balance, but can only be a viable pick if he has an entire team supporting him, or at least a couple of other players. People say this is a team game, but what they have to do is balance around ONE player, not support each other as a team. The tank HAS to be Reinhardt (or perhaps Orisa) the healer HAS to be Mercy, and that means you canā€™t also run a Pharah or a different tank. I mean, you could, but no one wants to play solo Phara.

I think Bastion should be balanced around what heā€™s supposed to be: a big gun. In a fast-paced game like OW heā€™s really just a sitting duck, and after you get one or two kills they know 1- thereā€™s Bastion and 2- where he is. So many Heroes eat him, and itā€™s not just a few select picks to counter him, itā€™s meta Heroes. He also needs mobility, not at the same time but to move from place to play, hopefully not being completely vulnerable while doing so. If you canā€™t buff his Recon gun a bit, take Soldierā€™s down some. Heā€™ll still be ā€˜the bestā€™ at sustained auto-fire, he just wonā€™t be a must-pick over Bastion. You know, like they did with Mercy. Iā€™m joking, of course, but if the reason Recon canā€™t be buffed is because of Soldier, then thatā€™s the same issue, isnā€™t it?

They took his shield and greatly reduced his healing. I donā€™t think this called for both, as the argument was that teammates could shield and heal, so why should he? Well, because now he relies on two other teammates specifically supporting him. Iā€™m not saying he should have a shield, just that he should be balanced to do his thing on his own.

Thatā€™s where I think another ability would fit in. Iā€™ve heard some great ideas over the years, and there is room for something else to round out his kit of options. Something that will allow him to compete with others and not just kept in the pocket the whole time, and thatā€™s if your team is even willing to do it!

6 Likes

This is all well and good, butā€¦ Even if we add mobility, and extra abilities, at the end of the dayā€¦

A Sentry revert is Required Above all else.

Thank you for your input, as well.

(Also the full removal of passive ironclad would make him less pocket-able, btw.)

3 Likes

I wish i had trust lvl 3, to share all the good memes and bastion stats.

I remember when i was playing FFA in some random custom games. Its custom so the match is not balanced at all. Played bastion, obviously played with lower ranks wich wasnt fair but in the middle of the game one guy said to everyone:
ā€œall vs bastion :Dā€ so the game just got even better. Ended with massive lead, i think the match took 2 min or so. Main part of it all is not that it was ā€œgg ezā€ but that they changed the rules next match and made bastion move at super snail speed. thanks a lot xD

dont hate bastions, especially in qp.
ā€œPlaying bastion in qp.ā€
What now? Should i only play him in practise range. Gimmie a break my man.

1 Like

does the bastion range buff changed something for you ?

imo for me , nothing

2 Likes

Nah man its HUGE change.

Not really its very minimal.

2 Likes