šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Pretty much I support the idea of getting bastion back into the game. I like bastion, he is one of my favorites. Problem is he has so many counters and isnā€™t able to do much is most game modes because of it. In tern, this makes bastion pointless to play, so yes.

I completely support a bastion buff, so I can enjoy playing bastion again.

4 Likes

Soā€¦ interesting thingā€¦ Won my first FFA match of the dayā€¦

Also, ZERO Hammondā€™s in sight.

Likeā€¦ On Console, NO ONE Is playing him. :thinking:

I officially have over 4000 creditsā€¦
To buy hammond cosmeticsā€¦ Or NOT To buy hammond cosmeticsā€¦

Cannon shot on E with a 6-7 sec cool down available in sentry mode ONLY. 200 DMG, instant fire like helix rockets. Bastion would be fixed. This would stop a lot of what his problems are;

Peak-a-boo attacks from a corner like hanzo, widow, pharah, mcree, zen, anna, even solider.

In your face attacks from HOG, GENJI, D.VA charging like a flying mad cow. etc.

It gives bastion a Burst attack which he lacks and is needed to stop the attack abuse. This will allow bastion to do his job and concentrate on tanks and take out the fools like zen who are looking for an easy kill.

Bastion in sentry will remain easy to kill because of the small health pool, but now can hit back the squishes that are looking for a free kill.

Thinking about Bastionā€¦

Has anyone figured the numbers out for if he had say, either 25 or 30% IC?

We know 20% is too weak, and 35% was too strong, but what about inbetween. Just curious.

Well, i donā€™t even think it was ā€œToo strongā€ The reason it was a problem was because of Nano Boostā€¦

Which has since been fixed, soā€¦

4 Likes

We can always give him high IC % but lower healing Input from pockets.

This way we can balance around his ability to heal as well.

Making him more tough but not a pocket boi.

So, hi, Iā€™m a Bastion player but I kinda more main Orisa, now thatā€™s not because I want to but because I have to, Bastion is no longer fun to play, for me its not even whether or not Iā€™m dying all the time its the whiney Tracer mains that complain that I would like to run pirate ship on Junkertown and not some hard countered dive meta.

I mean its also whether or not Iā€™m dying because its just gotten to a point where everything you do is immediately shut down. I just want to play him confidently in quick play but out of no where I kill a Soldier and suddenly they have a Junkrat on their team, and at that point I know its time to switch to Soldier. This is because there is nothing I can do, Ironclad is an almost useless ability (but it does help to negate a part of it) because Junkrat can do 96 damage a hit on you and he will most likely have his ult from feeding on the battery Tracer on our team, and his ult will most likely be in my face before I can do anything.

Not to mention various vulnerability issues people take advantage of, the main one being unable to move, making you a feed for enemy snipers because hitting a moving target is hard but thatā€™s not an issue anymore.

Or the fact that Pharah can hit directs on you 100% of the time from halfway across the room while your drop off makes you useless, this isnā€™t an issue until your throw in the fact that it is constant and almost never stops.

What about the Ironclad delay allowing most DPS heroes (yes including D.Va and Roadhog) to burn you down before you become effective. Now I know that a hero is supposed to have counters but when almost all the heroes can feed and take advantage of another hero its just not worth it.

Other parts of Bastion include the fact that he has almost a second after he sets up where even a stun will bring him out of Siege mode. Picture this right, you are being chased by a Brigitte and all your healing has gone into making it to a safe place to mow her down, you make it around a corner, set up, begin to fire (and do damage) and all of a sudden she stuns you, now it should just stop you for exactly 1 second, but instead it forces you out of Siege mode and she takes you down to 200hp all while your stunned.

It also happens with McCree and Doomfist but they are much more effective. I just want a vunerabilty fix. And you know what, because I was told to ā€œswitch off the op hero Bastionā€ by a Genji main (my response was ā€œcant hit a stationary target now can you, is that too hardā€) on the other team, why not make it so he does like 20 damage per bullet rather than 30.
ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“ā€“
Oh and this is a post I made from a while ago and after being told to shut up you toxic Bastion main, do you even understand that Bastion is countered with armour better, I decided to conduct an ā€œexprimentā€ into what gives you more survivability against what and results show that Bastion with more armour is more likely to die from burst than with ironclad, so I stalemated it into a centre point where they were evenly spaced with half being ironclad with about 15% and an extra 75 or 50 armour when in sentry and tank configurations. This allows more survivability against a tracer or sombra and the continued ironclad use will protect you against Pharah, Junkrat and Hanzo.

3 Likes

Im gonna read the whole thing soon, but this one part:

Thats me, you are literally me.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a hard life :frowning:, but we will pull through!

3 Likes

One thing that makes me worried is that Hammond mains WILL start complain about Bastion, Hammond has a very low chance against Bastion unless he has his ultimate so he can place mines directly on Bastion. Iā€™m scared we could see the recent buff reverted if complaints get too much.
Iā€™m probably just being stupid and should stop worrying so much but it is a possibility in my mindā€¦

I hope that people that main Hammond will understand that Bastion is just a hard counter against Hammond and sometimes you got to swap to counter Bastion backā€¦

4 Likes

Nope, theyā€™ll probably get us nerfedā€¦

At least, if the Rein mains donā€™t set them straight.

1 Like

So uhhā€¦ if that happens, just donā€™t moveā€¦ one mine canā€™t kill you, and I donā€™t think itā€™s allowed to drop two in the same spotā€¦ Iā€™ve gotten a play on PTR where a Hammond drops mines on me, and then I kill him and 2 others while just sitting in the minefieldā€¦

Nah nah nah, you seeā€¦ Bastion is a cancer pick, and if he kills you, then itā€™s Bastionā€™s fault for being OP. Bastion should not hard counter anyone and should be hard countered by everyone, because they said so.

2 Likes

Nah, played a lot today.

If they stand On top of you Usually enough mines are placed touching your hitbox, that itā€™s basically an insta kill.

Like, they literally try to get on top of your hitbox, Just To do that.

1 Like

Yup.

Because i donā€™t play that hero, AND It killed me, Must be the easiest hero to play, Lets make sure no one can ever play it again.

1 Like

I mean, I would prefer 0%ā€¦ Remove it all together, and give his damage backā€¦ I donā€™t think thereā€™s really any acceptable damage resist to combo with his current damage output, heā€™d just be completely unkillable when pocketed if they got it that highā€¦

I will do some calculations on it though, I like doing that

20% : 375 eHP
25% : 400 eHP
30% : 429 eHP
35% : 462 eHP

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s how pretty much all of us feelā€¦ Remove Ironclad (or if they donā€™t want to remove it, then combine it with self-repair so that he only has damage resist while healing), and give his damage back.

I really wish that would get fixedā€¦ If youā€™re going into Tank mode, they canā€™t stop the transformation, but if youā€™re going to Recon/Sentry, they canā€¦ I know that the reason is because you canā€™t stop transformation ults, but I really wish theyā€™d make it consistent for all modesā€¦

Not sure if Iā€™m missing the context of this one, but Bastion does 15 damage per shot in Sentry mode.

I think crazydude is saying with crits. A crit is 30. 20 would be a 33% crit multiplier. I think thatā€™s kind of low, even a 1.5 sounds a bit low but it could work.

2 Likes

Oh, that makes sense now

Yall hear about the lootbox issues?
(The thread explaining it is pinned now)

But, basically i just spent a few hours playing Bastion in FFA, only to be told that those boxes contained Zero New cosmetics. :upside_down_face:

Iā€™m in a Great Mood right nowā€¦
(At VERY LEAST They are supposedly refunding the boxes we earned.)

Oh, and that was after i got the amazon prime ā€œHammondā€ Boxes.

Two blues.

I just bought Gladiators anywayā€¦ The only other one I really like is woodbot, and itā€™s only 250