Bastion is being forgotten

Why though? Gut his healing for a barrier that doesn’t do much of anything… Especially since he can’t have the barrier and heal at the same time…

Bastion is in such a poor state at the moment, that trading buffs for nerfs isn’t going to do anything for him, and will probably just put him in an even worse spot than he is now… If that’s even possible.

1 Like

If he can still rocketjump, I wouldn’t mind too much… Heck, I’d be fine with a 1.5 second delay between shots and 3 second recharge. If someone gets shot, and then stands out in the open for another 1.5 seconds, they kinda deserve that death. I’ve also put in a “maximum range” where the damage instantly drops off to 75 damage with the splash dropping proportionally to avoid the whole counter-sniping thing.

Not sure about charge time though, I’d like to keep Tank kinda fast-paced like it is now.

Hopefully he provides some form of protection to his team…

Also, https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1012334868544479232
for anyone who hasn’t seen

Okay, theororising time…

• In the ball form, he’ll have no head hitbox.
  • In the standing up form, his head will be the thing in the middle.
  • While standing, he’ll have high damage output with high rate of fire, good spread, and headshots on a hitscan weapon.
  • He’ll be able to move, but slower than normal like Oirsa.
  • Lots of health and armor
  • An ult that just buffs his rolling ball and standing forms…

Also, as a side note… There goes the “Droideka” idea. They couldn’t have really stolen this one, as they’ve probably had the idea and artwork for Hammond for quite a while now, but still…

1 Like

Hammond is a Hamster with guns… and I think they are stronger than bastions sentry mode…

This one is about Torb, but I really wish we could get something like that about Bastion :cry:

4 Likes

“Hey there is a giant thread about the worst hero in the game should we say something?”

“I think we should say that Bastion… OH LOOK A NEW TORB THREAD! LETS ECPLAIN WHY WE CANT SAY ANYTHING TO TORB YET!”

“And the Bastion th…”

“So lets beginn: we dont have deatail…”

“Sir…?”

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that thread. Like the 4th or 5th reply was from Bliz already but here we have 4300+ aaaand.

Well.

Just saw yours (I assume… maybe it’s another guy names Zenyatta with that profile pic that also referenced this thread), maybe they’ll say something there… We can only hope

I got most of the reasons as to why current bastion sucks, I have yet to add people’s ideas and I also want to try and do side by side comparisons of current bastion vs old bastion, in the context of Rein, Hanzo, Sym even, Hog and even Mercy healing him.

nope thats indeed me

C’mon guys I posted this to try and get them to address us: Bastion rework when?

We have to at least light it up to see if we can grab their attention

2 Likes

I’m almost done with my more detailed Tank on E thread too… Hopefully they’ll finally say something :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m not participating in any Tank on E request threads. Bastion needs work, but not that. That’s a total play style shift that I hate the idea of. =P

1 Like

Well the difference is she can move and teleport, he can’t. So maybe it’s not so bad on Sombra but massive spread on a hero who can’t move is just plain bad.

Okay, got mine done… I think…

Well, Bastion did indeed get a buff in the Hammond update… His minimum Sentry damage is now 7.5 (50% of 15), and in Recon it’s now 10 (50% of 20)

I mean, it was in a pile of other minimum damage increases, but still…

When that one happen?

Like 30 minutes ago

Skill based movement ability tied to a specific mode, check

Good spread pattern, check
(stays small for about 0.5 seconds, increases to an also fairly small diamater)

High rate of fire, check
(25 r/s from what I can tell. To be fair though, he barely does any damage)

Mode that he can use whenever he wants that has no head hitbox, check

That’s not to say I dislike Hammond (“Wrecking ball”)… I really like him. Just pointing some stuff out…

3 Likes

so in other words his sentry still sucks. His bullets will do twice the damage past 35 meters but he still can’t hit anything.

1 Like