Bastion is being forgotten

Anything related to bastion is pretty much against the rules. :somebastionemoji:

Im not sure, but what about that one poll where players picked their idea for bastion change?

How do you post links? It says I cant :confused:

Please explain what you mean, because I don’t think there’s any range at which Bastion performs well.

1 Like

Yup.

Doomfist without shields, can last like… What, 30 full seconds fighting a Bastion?
At point blank range?

Often times outputting MORE Direct damage, Especially when Stuns are involved?!!?

Something needs to change.

NO ONE Should last very long at All Fighting a Bastion in Sentry mode, Within Ten Meters.

(And yes, i have been on Both sides of that fight. -.-
Literally feels Cheap fighting against the poor thing.
)

1 Like

I think it’s against the rules to hold “vote with your comments” polls. I think strawpoll.me links are fine though.

1 Like

You have to be trust level 3, I am currently and you’re trust level 2 right now.

From what we can tell people need to have visited at least 50 days and read 20k posts.

1 Like

I wanted to know just how bad Bastion’s spread actually was, so I did some maths on it…

At 15m, his spread is about a 0.80m (2.62 foot) circle
At 20m, his spread is about a 1.04m (3.41 foot) circle
At 25m, his spread is about a 1.31m (4.30 foot) circle
At 30m, his spread is about a 1.57m (5.15 foot) circle
At 35m, his spread is about a 1.83m (6.00 foot) circle
At 55m, his spread is about a 2.88m (9.45 foot) circle

35 meters is the beginning of his damage falloff, yet his spread is wider than most characters are tall, meaning that most of your shots aren’t going to hit because they’ll just fall outside of the hitbox, even if you’re aiming dead center on the enemy.

At 55m (roughly, I couldn’t find an exact measurement in the practice range), it takes Bastion about 200 (give or take) bullets to kill a training dummy, while it takes Soldier 18 with all of them being headshots. Bastion in Recon mode takes 17 headshots to kill a training dummy. Soldier takes 36 shots to kill with all body shots, Bastion takes 34. All of these are ignoring Soldier’s Helix Rocket, and only using his primary fire. Also note that Bastion’s bloom kicks in before Soldier’s does, (Bastion’s is 2 bullets in, while Soldier’s is 3), but Bastion has a lower max spread (1.5° compared to Soldier’s 2.4°)

From what I can tell, training bots are about 0.89m (2.92 feet) tall. I got this by positioning Bastion so that his crosshair with bloom matches up with the training dummy’s model, then doing the calculation on that distance to find his height. It’s not exact, but that should be fairly close. They are close to the same width too, only slightly skinnier than they are tall.

For anyone interested, I used the formula
( 2 * Distance ) / tan(88.5°)
to find these measurements.
The 2 is to account for this only being half of the triangle (I split it in half to get a nice pretty right triangle, then doubled it at the end)

Edit: Added more stuff to max range info

2 Likes

Wish i could post a vid or at least a gif :confused:

1 Like

put this button ` (the one directly above tab) before and after a link. It makes it gray and unclickable but is easily copy pasted into a browser.

Thanks GrantMan…

Interesting analysis!

I think even without the math to back it up, any good Bastion main could tell that his sentry mode now just tickles the enemy team (when being more then a few meters away) while letting them know of your exact location so that they can come after you.

Two viable Bastion strategies (currently):

1. Have your team babysit you so that you can be in the middle of the fight without dying instantly from being focused fire upon.
  2. If not, camp out around a corner somewhere and let your enemy (by chance) walk in front of you.

That is why Bastion is a joke as he is right now. Anything good coming out of him is considered to be “cheese strat” either out of your team babysitting you or just from pure luck out of camping around a corner as a surprise to the unlucky few in the enemy team walking by.

Bastion gets no respect! He is both a joke to your own team and also to the enemy team. That is what hurts the most being us Bastion mains. Any Bastion POTG is a comedy show that invites salt. In fact, I personally don’t like to get POTG anymore as it often resulted in toxic comments from both teams. I am getting to the point where I feel the need to apologize to the shields and heals as it is so ingrained in the Overwatch community that Bastion is less than deserving even if you achieve a complete team wipe.

No mater how you did in the game, you are a loser for playing Bastion.

1 Like

`https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/what-is-bastion-for/

This discussion seemed to be doing pretty well, but then I guess it fell off the front page and was forgotten? I wrote the last post, so it won’t let me write another until someone else does.

Almost 3k posts, but blizzard answers to random buff Winston threads most people didnt even knew was a thing.
#priorities

3 Likes

Same. Anytime I see that I got play, I hope and pray that it was a good Tank and not me just sitting there shooting. Even if I kill 4-5 of them, I don’t want to deal with “Of course the Bastion gets play”… If it’s a nice Tank, then it’s normally fine, because it turns into “I didn’t know he could do that”, because I normally do it behind a wall or something, and rocketjump in. I especially hated getting it in vs. AI when I played that for a while, because if I didn’t just sit there ignoring a majority of the enemies, I would be guaranteed play…

Yeah, anyone who’s played Bastion for a while knows that his damage sucks, but that was more meant for people that don’t play him at all, just die to him on occasion, and think he’s fine because of that. I wanted to show them how insane his spread was, especially since it’s constantly at that angle, he can’t just burst…

2 Likes

So… i’m thinking about posting this idea i’m working on, but here’s the question:

Is making comparisons To/With other games against any kind of rule? Lol
My idea’s a Bit Complicated… And would take some Explaining and Comparing.
:joy_cat:

Could work tho.

(Idk why it would be against any rule, but i am a Careful Fox. o.o)

It’s not against the rules. People compare it to LoL or Dota 2 or plenty of other games. Especially CoD for people who like to complain about anyone who plays dps.

1 Like

WELL… Do you remember Starwars battlefront 2?

As in, have you ever played it?
Especially before that pay 2 win Bull it went through. -.-

(I played the beta, and actually enjoyed it. Lol.)

But that’s what my idea centers around.

Specifically about aspects of the Heavy and Assault classes.

I thought you were talking about the 2005 version, then i noticed the “pay 2 win bull…”.

1 Like

I have but a long time ago.

I still own the 2005 version and I think they reopened the servers. Even if they didn’t there’s Game Ranger to find private servers for it.

1 Like

Which classes were the assault and heavy?

Ah, yes. i never even knew that one existed till people were talking about the new one. X3

Sorry for any confusion.

1 Like