Bastion is being forgotten

Almost 3k posts, but blizzard answers to random buff Winston threads most people didnt even knew was a thing.
#priorities

3 Likes

Same. Anytime I see that I got play, I hope and pray that it was a good Tank and not me just sitting there shooting. Even if I kill 4-5 of them, I don’t want to deal with “Of course the Bastion gets play”… If it’s a nice Tank, then it’s normally fine, because it turns into “I didn’t know he could do that”, because I normally do it behind a wall or something, and rocketjump in. I especially hated getting it in vs. AI when I played that for a while, because if I didn’t just sit there ignoring a majority of the enemies, I would be guaranteed play…

Yeah, anyone who’s played Bastion for a while knows that his damage sucks, but that was more meant for people that don’t play him at all, just die to him on occasion, and think he’s fine because of that. I wanted to show them how insane his spread was, especially since it’s constantly at that angle, he can’t just burst…

2 Likes

So… i’m thinking about posting this idea i’m working on, but here’s the question:

Is making comparisons To/With other games against any kind of rule? Lol
My idea’s a Bit Complicated… And would take some Explaining and Comparing.
:joy_cat:

Could work tho.

(Idk why it would be against any rule, but i am a Careful Fox. o.o)

It’s not against the rules. People compare it to LoL or Dota 2 or plenty of other games. Especially CoD for people who like to complain about anyone who plays dps.

1 Like

WELL… Do you remember Starwars battlefront 2?

As in, have you ever played it?
Especially before that pay 2 win Bull it went through. -.-

(I played the beta, and actually enjoyed it. Lol.)

But that’s what my idea centers around.

Specifically about aspects of the Heavy and Assault classes.

I thought you were talking about the 2005 version, then i noticed the “pay 2 win bull…”.

1 Like

I have but a long time ago.

I still own the 2005 version and I think they reopened the servers. Even if they didn’t there’s Game Ranger to find private servers for it.

1 Like

Which classes were the assault and heavy?

Ah, yes. i never even knew that one existed till people were talking about the new one. X3

Sorry for any confusion.

1 Like

What part about it were you comparing to him?

When talking about the Starwars battlefront 2 Classes that i feel relates to possibilities with Bastion’s Ballance… Well, here’s the Official Descriptions:

Heavy Class

• Sometimes, you need to lay down a rain of suppression fire, hold the line near a capture point, or brute-force your way through a narrow corridor. Heavy class excels in these roles.

• Combat Shield: A small forward-facing shield that allows the user to fire the primary weapon while slowly advancing. (If i remember correctly, the primary weapon was Similar to Bastion’s Recon rifle anyways… Almost.)

• Sentry: Enter a powerful medium-range combat mode where you deploy a heavy repeating blaster with massive damage output, at the cost of severely limited movement.
    (In that game, you would simply walk VERY Slowly, but Bastion is Literally Non-Moving instead… Which i feel would help balance in place of the Overheating.)

Sounds like someone you know, yes?
WELL… It played very similarly to Bastion, Tho… with a Personal Shield.

(Also Almost all guns had an overheat Mechanic, to balance out the SUPER HIGH Damage you could achieve in that game with good aim… But with the differences in OW I don’t think Bastion would even need that.)

BUT, Here’s my idea: Mix the basic design with the Assault class… and put THAT on Bastion.

Assault Class

• Fast, tough, and very effective at close-to-medium range, Assault clears the path and punches their way through enemy lines.
  • Draw a close-range weapon that builds no heat during the active time of this ability. When you perform a kill, the active time of this ability is replenished.
    (This was basically a low-ish cooldown Shotgun, That you could use for a longer duration, the more kills you got. what if this was a Recon based Rifle Ability?)

Why do this?

Now, Bastion may lack the Speed As seen in the Assault class, but… What if Recon, was like Assault class, and Sentry was like… Well… Heavy? Lol

But i just really did like how those Specific classes played, and kinda would like to see what a Bastion with those inspired abilities would play like.

I just don’t know.

I liked those classes, and i LOVE Bastion.

DEBATE ABOUT IT.

1 Like

I know nobody would go for it and I would miss the sentry model but if he could move at half speed or something in sentry it’d basically do what you’re talking about and would probably work. It’d probably look like tankmode with a minigun instead of a cannon.

1 Like

You know, i Personally Think even with the Stationary Bastion it would work.

(And that’s kinda what i meant anyways, But i see what you mean.)

It’s funny… Pulling out the Shotgun, and rushing into some Enemies was my FAVORITE Thing to do in that game. :laughing:

I guess i just wish Bastion was able to Defend from small targets like that.
Either through Sentry somehow, or Recon.

But yea, if Bastion’s two “Main modes” Were like the two listed “Classes” Above, I would be happy. Lol

I would at least like to see what that would play like. >.>

I’d love to replace the recon rifle with a shotgun. You should NEVER be using Recon Mode to engage people at long range.

Bring back Sentry Accuracy, and give us a shotgun.

1 Like

That’s too much reading and also no visuals to go off of, here’s a link to Neebs showing off the Heavy Class (Assault should be in the related videos and/or an end card)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QdsjencizA

I would say thanks, but… I try to be careful now linking things… so i didn’t even try. :smile_cat: Lol

But… what are your thoughts on this idea of mine? :thinking:

I could link the Actual Detailed pages… But yea.

What’s wrong with linking a video to that?

1 Like

IDK. This forum scares me. ;-;

Especially after i got silenced… I’m just being careful, ya know?

HERE:

Mix these two Designs, into a new Bastion.
Recon: [Assault Class - Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II - Official EA Site]

Sentry: [Heavy Class - Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II - Official EA Site]

That’s basically what i meant. <.<
Don’t hurt me bliz im fragile.

I’m still unsure which parts of those kits you want to bring over… Surely not the whole thing, right? I think it had like shotguns and grenades and stuff, the whole thing would make him more bloated than Genji

1 Like