Bastion is being forgotten

nope thats indeed me

C’mon guys I posted this to try and get them to address us: Bastion rework when?

We have to at least light it up to see if we can grab their attention

2 Likes

I’m almost done with my more detailed Tank on E thread too… Hopefully they’ll finally say something :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m not participating in any Tank on E request threads. Bastion needs work, but not that. That’s a total play style shift that I hate the idea of. =P

1 Like

Well the difference is she can move and teleport, he can’t. So maybe it’s not so bad on Sombra but massive spread on a hero who can’t move is just plain bad.

Okay, got mine done… I think…

Well, Bastion did indeed get a buff in the Hammond update… His minimum Sentry damage is now 7.5 (50% of 15), and in Recon it’s now 10 (50% of 20)

I mean, it was in a pile of other minimum damage increases, but still…

When that one happen?

Like 30 minutes ago

Skill based movement ability tied to a specific mode, check

Good spread pattern, check
(stays small for about 0.5 seconds, increases to an also fairly small diamater)

High rate of fire, check
(25 r/s from what I can tell. To be fair though, he barely does any damage)

Mode that he can use whenever he wants that has no head hitbox, check

That’s not to say I dislike Hammond (“Wrecking ball”)… I really like him. Just pointing some stuff out…

3 Likes

so in other words his sentry still sucks. His bullets will do twice the damage past 35 meters but he still can’t hit anything.

1 Like

Well, not twice the damage, but a bit more than they used to… They went from 30% to 50% damage reduction from the maximum value

Well now I feel bad. Now I want to be a Bastion and Hammond main :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m absolutely going to be a Bastion/Hammond main

2 Likes

Bastion does kill him pretty easily though… I played some no limits, and I could hold my own against 2-3 of them

2 Likes

Okay, so doing some pixel measurements and math I think that Hammond’s spread:

• starts at 1.25°
  • has a maximum of 2°
  • starts it’s bloom after 0.5 seconds.
  • Hits 2° after roughly 0.75 seconds (from the start of firing, so 0.25 seconds after the bloom starts)

Looking at these values and the spread pattern Hammond has, I think doing something slightly closer to this would be better than 0.75° and 1 second from start (I changed that part) until max. 1.25° is plenty accurate enough, I couldn’t actually see 0.75° before, but this seems more reasonable…

Also note that Jeff called this “high spread” in the developer update, so Bastion must have super ultra extreme spread then I guess…

This new hero is a super mobile tank with high accuracy machine guns, and a ton of HP… WTF?! Bastion Deserves old sentry.

4 Likes

High accuracy, but they just tickle pretty much (Like 10 damage per shot)… Not that I’m arguing with old Sentry though

Edit: 5 damage per shot, but he normally shoots 2 guns at once. It’s kinda hard to shoot 1 bullet, I had to make a macro for it

I need to try him out when I get home, but it looks like he can very consistently deal his damage. This is insulting to Bastion.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty good… I really like his guns, they’re what Bastion should be, only Bastion should have a bit more damage

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s been talked about yet but Hammond’s transformation speed is ideal for bastion. Also add Hammonds movement ability as well.

2 Likes